Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elijah? Just don't think he puts in when the chips are down.
I reckon he's been a great get for us. Everyone has been down last few weeks to be fair.

Well ... here we go ... moment of truth ---> sink or swim?

$million question - will the Blues get to make up the numbers..?

Edit: Even if we get over the line today ... Ross could end it next week?

I love your positivity but the moment of truth was against the Pies. Instead of saving our season with a defining performance we cordially complied to give Pendlebury a win in his four thousandth game.

Any residual hope was killed with that Hawks game, the most soul destroying performance in my lifetime. There’s been worse flogging of far lesser versions of Carlton team but this team has talent, just no heart when things get tough.

I believe the players and coaches have packed up for the year. Its all got too hard and they have a convenient excuse to fall back. It’s what this group does, last year was the exception to the rule. Expecting two bad losses to finish the year.

Got to admire the marketing department. They keep fronting up.

No one thinks we will win today. Absolutely no one. The odds are incredible. That we are only 2.08 and not 5 bucks is incredible. Have not felt so little hope before a game.

They are mentally shot to bits. Fragile. Weak.

Not even sure why I am on here.

Bye

He has been. Impressive, but the point IMO is valid. I'm confident he will get to the next level
He does some impressive things. He has x factor. He has high footy IQ.
DQ may have just been upset with another horrible loss by us, but he basically wrote Lij off as a credible AFL player.
I 'd have to look up the post, but it shocked me.
I just wouldn't have singled him oit...and have neverseen him as one of our worst. In fact the opposite.

He does some impressive things. He has x factor. He has high footy IQ.
DQ may have just been upset with another horrible loss by us, but he basically wrote Lij off as a credible AFL player.
I 'd have to look up the post, but it shocked me.
I just wouldn't have singled him oit...and have neverseen him as one of our worst. In fact the opposite.

Agree. He has all that and more

DQ said "Just don't think he puts in when the chips are down" and at the moment I think that is a fair comment. He does go missing or doesn't yet put that extra bit in when we need him. That's what elite players do

He NEVER wrote him off as a credible player

IMO he will get there but at this stage of his development I think DQ is spot on. Another pre season and maturity and I expect him to go to the next level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has talent to burn.

If we could combine Ollie and Elijah then we would have almost the perfect player
Well Ollie will be fabulous as well I reckon.

Is it possible though we could win 14 games for the year (WC and Saints) and still miss out on the Top 8 ??
We'll have to rely on Port beating Freo over at Freo next week, i don't think the Hawks will lose a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back