Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Walsh is the key to winning today.
The key to winning today & any other day is selfless team football. In this environment it allows stars like Walsh & all players to thrive.

The average player contests or has his hands on the ball for 2% of the time. A great coach will be coaching for the other 98% of the time. A block here, a tap to advantage here, running to create space for a teammate here, or running to congest the opposition there. Acts that don’t normally show up on the stats sheet.

Talk about contested footy is a rubbish focus. It focuses on the 2% when the focus should always be on the 98%. Contested footy is a by-product of the 98%.

Sam Mitchell knows this well. Voss needs to understand this fully.

Injury reduction seems to be more positive in this awareness. Players who are spirited & selfless would carry less tension.

Looking forward to a spirited, selfless & smart performance today.

Go Blues!!!!!

WC's tall defenders can be taken out of the game by mongrel kicking ground ball to spread small targets - this fits in perfectly with the kicking skill level of Carlton's mids - so I predict a lot of soccer and scrum today. Moir, Lord and Binns will be given an introduction to what AFL speed levels are and if they can stay at it for 4 quarters they will have done a great job.

Win this one and the season is still alive - lose it and the autopsy fred will be the usual fun read - I'm surprised no one has started a small business selling Voss voodoo dolls yet - but there is still time!

I'm playing in the monthly medal and picturing Ross Lyon's head on the golf ball when I tee off so will miss this one live - I think Bruce Doull's strategy of only watching a game in replay after a win is smart.

Good luck to all.

Well ... here we go ... moment of truth ---> sink or swim?

$million question - will the Blues get to make up the numbers..?

Edit: Even if we get over the line today ... Ross could end it next week?

We need to not be afraid to put it all out there. Be daring, try something different, play with freedom. The team should be enjoying what they do. I believe a lot of our issues are down to mindset. With all expectation about success this year pretty much removed, the shackles should be released.

All I want to see is best efforts. Hopefully that gets us the win. A win today with plenty missing and with some of the new guys on board will engender a greater camaraderie and belief within the group. Even a loss, going down swinging, will be ok.

This team owes us after last week's embarrassing display. Get it done Blues.

We win today and we put the very last nail in Collingwood's coffin

WE MUST WIN

Voss needs to exact some vengeance on MaCrae, even if it's tokenistic
EXACTLY
How about we inflict some gut wrenching pain on them for a change, they're doing it to us all the time. Even more importantly it will really boost morale and hopefully give the team and us some confidence that all is not lost. Go Blues fight fight fight!!!!

My golf the last few weeks has been terrible, coincidentally mirroring our teams performance.
Today my round will finish as the game starts….im tipping a turnaround in my form, and by extension the teams.
I like JustaBattler thinking re picturing a disliked figure on the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We win today and we put the very last nail in Collingwood's coffin

WE MUST WIN

Voss needs to exact some vengeance on MaCrae, even if it's tokenistic
Good in theory but Voss doesn’t have the tactical know ….so purely up to the players pulling a rabbit out of their hats.

Hopefully footy department sit down over preseason and come up with a long term sustainable game style

Massive day for Coaches

We are still in finals hunt and injury issues are worst I have seen

This about opportunity. Some new faces should add energy

Voss & Co not only have to get them to believe but they also need to make changes to structure & roles. Some have been forced. Not something they have been good at

Kemp to FF/2nd ruck
Lord on ball
Play Moir from start and deep
Ollie off HB
Or anything else

IMO first 5 minutes will tell us a lot about how we have prepared and planned

Genuine question, what will everyone’s feeling be if Young is played deep forward/ruck, Kemp, McG back?
In other words, nothing new, standard setup and structure?
Without Charlie and Harry nothing is going to be standard in the forward line.

If we're going small up forward we just need someone to contest and bring it to ground.

Genuine question, what will everyone’s feeling be if Young is played deep forward/ruck, Kemp, McG back?
In other words, nothing new, standard setup and structure?

Yuck. I really hope we just play Young back on Allen. McGovern & Weitering back and Kemp forward w Kennedy. Cripps going forward at times as well

A more mobile less predictable fwd line is exciting

I’m really looking forward to seeing Lord, Binns & Moir. I don’t expect massive games but just positive signs for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back