Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon and Hawthorn have very similar fans. An ingrained sense of entitlement. When they feel aggrieved they boo like spoilt children.
Hawthorn started the Goodes booing.
Today we saw the true Essendon fan. Boo a champion and disrespect the Anzac.

I booed Pendles too. Joking. Had Grundy for the medal,40 hitouts, Pies 1-39 for a big collect.
Grundy had a ripper first half but I thought he was poor in the second. Bellchambers had impact far above his quality.

Grundy tried all day though.

Yeah I’m sure I heard the same sort of stuff about his old man a few years back.
He was never a great kick but he had the composure, I'm sure Callum will develop it too with a little more experience, but right now he almost cost us the game.

Our set shit kicks (typo but it works so I'll leave it) were the only reason it was close . Umpires woeful - might've been a couple more our way but the Bombers got goals directly from theirs that kept them in it

Good to see Stevo building. Grundy and Pendles immense . Our kicking will cost us dearly if we keep this up.

Umps more baffling every week

So is hocking gonna come out now about the booing of pendles a wins a win

The one I am looking forward to is Mark Robinson. I read his article in Hun yesterday. According to him, the booing of Goodes was racism and the booing of Ablett is about religion. The booers are bad.

What about today Robbo? The booers were Essendon supporters (clear to me from being in Ponsford Stand) and it started when the RSL guy was introduced to award the medal. I couldn’t believe they would boo then.

We loose the clearances due to no quality inside midfielders. Treloar, Pendlebery, Sidebottom & Beams all play outside. Watch when De Goey enters the centre bounces we win clearances. We urgently need Sier to return.
Surely Pendlebury and Beams are regarded as inside mids. Did we do any better with De Goey in the middle for almost all of the second half?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those of us who were at the '70 and '79 GF's and had to put up with your fellow supporters carrying on like world champions when you won by pure good fortune. Also your ex president Elliott who has to have been the biggest turd ever to have control of a club.

There are many reasons to hate Carlton.
I know all that - just a little distressed we won't be your most reviled opposition any longer - anything we can do to change your mind although to be fair * have been my number one s**tstain club forever.....

We really missed Elliot’s leads up to the 50. Cox was hindered all game and dragged down. Degoey kicked a crucial goal. Miochek was unsighted after his first goal. WHE was OK back. Stevenson worked hard but is a few years off. Thomas missed some easy ones after kicking a tough one. In summary our forward line is inconsistent and not clicking. We try the Richmond chaos ball but lack Polish at times.

They scored 5 and were scored 3 goals in the second half, lucky that we were three up after the first.

Glad we got the 4 points. Maynard, Langdon Howe did well under the circumstances and dare I say we might have missed Mayne?

Umpiring was bad at times for both teams, not the difference in the end.

Worsfold apparently in his press conference referred to the booing, 'I don't like it but supporters must have seen something during the game'.

Was he implying Pendlebury ducked his head for the free?

Gee if it always about umpiring, I would have a sore throat but I wouldn't boo a player unless he did something behind the play or king hit someone.

They should boo their own players for fluffing chances like bombing a ball into the centre circle for De Goey to mark, don’t know who it was but it was a bone head kick

We really missed Elliot’s leads up to the 50. Cox was hindered all game and dragged down. Degoey kicked a crucial goal. Miochek was unsighted after his first goal. WHE was OK back. Stevenson worked hard but is a few years off. Thomas missed some easy ones after kicking a tough one. In summary our forward line is inconsistent and not clicking. We try the Richmond chaos ball but lack Polish at times.
I actually thought our forwards were good. All looked damaging with the exception of Thomas who made some shocking decisions trying to take on Saad in a game where he had already had next to no impact.

Our midfield need to start winning some clearances and giving them a good run at it.

The brilliance of De Goey.. not an easy thing to play forward for half a game.. or 3/4s of the game.. and then find yourself in the guts agst blokes who are up with the tempo in there.

It's difficult for him.. you have an out and out midfielder with a training regime geared towards mid play.. I wonder what De Goey's is..

So wouldn't be critical of him all that much.. wouldn't expect him to be super clean and up to speed when he's in there.. but f.. for the majority of the time he has been placed in the midfield.. well above avg. Today couple of things he did in there.. excusable.

I actually thought our forwards were good. All looked damaging with the exception of Thomas who made some shocking decisions trying to take on Saad in a game where he had already had next to no impact.

Our midfield need to start winning some clearances and giving them a good run at it.

Our forward line was good in the first quarter. We had plenty of opportunities from the Midfield, especially when the call hit the deck but we couldn’t find space or polish. Midfield was slightly off though too.

We did all we could to help Essendon steal this game. There was a worrying lack of composure but that's Collingwood; finals pressure in round 6. That's a blessing and a curse.

So much upside in this team. I'll take wins even as ugly as this one.

Essendon were the better team for the majority of the match and would have won if the game had gone on any longer.
Happy to bank the four points at this stage but we need to improve.
Indeed, the first quarter cost the bombers. Congrats to the Pies, but I fully expected pre game that you would flog us. I’m impressed at how close it ended up being and the fight we showed; and I reckon the next time the bombers might have enough. The umpires were shit but they always are, bring on the next game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back