Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I'll be happy with any of Eade, Hinkley, Tudor, Sanderson, Watters or McCartney.

I'd choose Lazar Vidovic over Hinkley any day. At least with Lazar you know he won't teach players to lie on the ground for 1 minute with seconds to go in the last quarter of a final. ;)

Hinkley?? Are you for ****ing real?

I know what John McEnroe would say and it's not "You can't be serious".

[youtube]C8Nyc9jzSDg[/youtube]

Banger all the way for mine! **** accolades, there are 383 reasons why he should be coach and the Saints administration better recognize that.

Harvey was a fantastic player. Walls was a very good coach.

That doesn't stop them being shithouse in their current roles.

Yes. But where does the respect come from? Another club????

Banger should be the next coach. He can walk the walk, he should be given a fair go to talk the talk. He's done his 383 plus apprenticeship.

Banger doesnt need St Kilda, St Kilda needs him.

I love this talk about Harvs being coach cos he is a favourite son and was a champion player. I bet everyone calling for him to coach have bagged the absolute crap out of Voss/Hird etc for getting the exact same reason. Voss has shown that he cannot coach and well not much seems different with Hird... But hey cos its Harvey of course he will be a superstar coach.....

I love this talk about Harvs being coach cos he is a favourite son and was a champion player. I bet everyone calling for him to coach have bagged the absolute crap out of Voss/Hird etc for getting the exact same reason. Voss has shown that he cannot coach and well not much seems different with Hird... But hey cos its Harvey of course he will be a superstar coach.....

Agree 100%.

Would much rather see an assistant coach that has undertaken a long apprenticeship ie Tudor, Burns ect ect take over. I think Leigh Tudor would be an absolute champ as a league coach. Every club he has gone to (coached the Geelong VFL side to a premiership, went to the saints in 09/10 and look at how well we did, then went to Sydney and look how well they've done, especially in their clearances) strikes gold. Offer him Lyon salary, and give him the ability to do as he pleases at the club, and he'll get us damn close, if not that elusive premiership.

I'll sleep very soundly if he was our head coach.

Agree 100%.

Would much rather see an assistant coach that has undertaken a long apprenticeship ie Tudor, Burns ect ect take over. I think Leigh Tudor would be an absolute champ as a league coach. Every club he has gone to (coached the Geelong VFL side to a premiership, went to the saints in 09/10 and look at how well we did, then went to Sydney and look how well they've done, especially in their clearances) strikes gold. Offer him Lyon salary, and give him the ability to do as he pleases at the club, and he'll get us damn close, if not that elusive premiership.

I'll sleep very soundly if he was our head coach.

Not me mate. We need someone who has respect from the whole club.
Banger is the man.

I dont really care if we have to rebuild for a year or two.

I do care if the club employs outsiders who do not care one iota about the club yet they are are happy about meeting their own KPI's. To go to other clubs too? Whatever the **** that means?

I'm sick of waiting.

Employ Banger now!

I can't see why he wouldnt Squizzy?

Know the turf, know the land.

He has most of Sun Tzu covered.

Surely Nathan Burke can see this.

St Kilda moves to Seaford in 2010.

Not me mate. We need someone who has respect from the whole club.
Banger is the man.

I dont really care if we have to rebuild for a year or two.

I do care if the club employs outsiders who do not care one iota about the club yet they are are happy about meeting their own KPI's. To go to other clubs too? Whatever the **** that means?

I'm sick of waiting.

Employ Banger now!
It doesn't matter whether the team respects Harves or not if he isn't a good coach.

Harvs won't be the senior coach. Not even sure he'll apply.

Same. He never really seen him as the media type person, always seems to keep low profile. To be senior coach you are nearly in spotlight 24/7, just dont reckon its his cup of tea.

Same. He never really seen him as the media type person, always seems to keep low profile.

Wait a minute

Seriously wait a minute.

Isn't that a good thing?

I think that's exactly what the Saints need.

Tell the media to go take a long jump off a short pier and coach.

Sounds good to me.

VOTE BANGER NUMBER 1.

If you're considering Robert Harvey as a coach, you may as well consider Lenny Hayes as player/coach then.

Don't think Harvs will get the job, and don't think he even wants the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To quote Clint (and I'm not talking Jones):

"A man's gots to know his limitations"

So who would be a better coach of St.Kilda?

A shy introverted Bomber Thompson or Robert Harvey?

Can you tell me who is more shy?
Can you tell me who has played more games?
Can you tell me who has won more brownlows?
Can you tell me who has played more games/and for St Kilda?
Can you tell me who we played in the 2009 GF and who the opponents coach was?

Let's not rob ourselves!

VOTE 1 Banger

So who would be a better coach of St.Kilda?

A shy introverted Bomber Thompson or Robert Harvey?

Can you tell me who is more shy?
Can you tell me who has played more games?
Can you tell me who has won more brownlows?
Can you tell me who has played more games/and for St Kilda?
Can you tell me who we played in the 2009 GF and who the opponents coach was?

Let's not rob ourselves!

VOTE 1 Banger
Good player doesn't = good coach

It doesn't matter whether the team respects Harves or not if he isn't a good coach.

+1

I couldn't give a stuff if the next coach walks in with nobody respecting him...if he's a good coach, he'll gain the respect of the club very very quickly. His actions on the field, the way he carries himself, the way he speaks and articulates himself will shine through and show others around him he means business and is here to win...

If you need an example of a man who had the respect of the club when he began coachin, just look at Voss...walked in with the respect of the team, but has been found out as a coach...

You'll gain the respect of the playing group if you lead with authority, and know what the hell you're doing. Leigh Tudor is the man for me...

Just like Ross and Stan?

St Kilda needs not just a coach but someone familiar with Seaford. Our new home base. So he can be a consultant and make cash on the side? No, he should be the coach, Sun Tzu's Art-of-War to a tee. He knows the turf, he should be boss. And I am 100% sure that he will be a true boss for the Saints.

That's Banger.

+1 (I think this is the third time tonight I've agreed with you!)

I couldn't care less if the man has won the most Brownlows, played the most games, been AA a dozen times, it is all useless if he is a terrible coach!

CrashTestDummy, I respect and acknowledge your opinion, but (to me anyway) it appears you've been sucked into an aura that surrounds Harvey the player, and think that because he was such a fantastic player, that automatically translates to Harvey being a fantastic coach. Don't make that assumption. Yes there are fantastic player/coaches (Lethal Leigh springs to mind, so does MM) but Harvey may or may not be one of them...

What about the Saints Members that don't want a good Coach?

What about the Saints members who want a true Coach?

What is the point in having a "good" Coach if you don't win a flag?

What is the point in having a "good" Coach if you don't have enough inspiration within the playing group?

The Saints need a clubman more than ever. Especially after what has happened this week.

VOTE 1 Banger.

What about the Saints Members that don't want a good Coach?

What about the Saints members who want a true Coach?

What is the point in having a "good" Coach if you don't win a flag?

What is the point in having a "good" Coach if you don't have enough inspiration within the playing group?

The Saints need a clubman more than ever. Especially after what has happened this week.

VOTE 1 Banger.
You don't want a good coach? Are you serious?

You don't want a good coach? Are you serious?

Hi saintsrfreak

define "good"

is "good" flag winning, wrong been there done that with Ross and all the others since Jeansy passed away

is "good" club building?

is "good" spirit making?

is "good" a familiarity with the place?

is "good" having Centrebet on the jumper but St George leaving due to community concerns?

is "good" having Roo kick 1 goal & 4 behinds per game?

It's all relative really.

Is it "good" to pay heaps of cash for an old washed up has-been or choose someone that "everyone" respects?

Vote Banger 1 - Former Captain, Local, Businessman, Brownlows etc...

He's young and that's why we should want him.

Why should youth be any deterrent to hiring someone?

Just look at Geelong, how old is the Coach and who did he play for?

We are in a blessed situation. Banger can be coach and also knows the community around our training facility. With some enterprise and goodwill maybe Jihad Stadium will be too small for us in the future.

I will be happy with Robert Harvey being our head coach as long as the new assistant coaches are any of the following:

Leigh Matthews
Denis Pagan
Mick Malthouse
Paul Roos

You get what im saying.... ;)

How about....

Robert Harvey (head coach)
Max Hudghton (defensive coach)
Alan Richardson (midfield coach)
Leigh Matthews (forward coach)
Stuart Dew (development coach)
- Dewy is highly unlikely as he is with Sydney & his missus does the weather & news updates for channel 7 up here (Personally i think he's onto a good thing & i aint talking about his coaching appointment with Sydney Swans)

119476-sarah-cumming.jpg

I will be happy with Robert Harvey being our head coach as long as the new assistant coaches are any of the following:

Leigh Matthews
Denis Pagan
Mick Malthouse
Paul Roos

You get what im saying.... ;)

All Outsiders

The club needs to build and have someone who understands what's it like to have a s***house admin.

None of the above know.

Banger does.

Banger can run a business and that's what footy is these days.

VOTE 1 Banger.

Patience is the key because I'm sure he will build a formidable team and etch his name in Folklore.

VOTE 1 Banger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back