Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting comparison of Ross Lyon to Ken Hinkley. Okay, it doesn't mean anything but funny co-incidence all the same.

Lyon and Hinkley were both born in 1966.
Both played their first football at Fitzroy.
Lyon played 129 games - Hinkley played 132 games.
Lyon played from 1985-1995. Hinkley played from 1987-1995.
Lyon had 11 years as an AFL assistant coach before landing the Saint's gig.
Hinkley has had 8 years as an AFL assistant coach and 5 years as a senior coach in the Geelong and Western districts.

Perhaps Watters with Malthouse doing what Eade is doing at the Pies?

As far as the club goes there is no current model in place or desire to, add a "director of coaching" position. The club instead chose to create a position filled by Chris Pelchen during the year as "Head of Football" to sure up the Football Department hierarchy.

I hope it's Robert Harvey.

Clubman, brownlows, humility, wizardry, loyalty, courage, sacrifice, business-like, locality etc...

If the Scott Brothers can both get a berth then why shouldn't Banger?

Watters, Hinkley no thanks. Time to go inhouse.

Let's stick with the red, white and black.

VOTE 1 Banger.
And why not help him out by giving Mark Harvey a go as assistant while we're at it.

Robert Harvey will make a good midfield coach for the Saints.

Paul Roos as senior assistant/mentor with possibly Robert Harvey coach. :cool::cool:

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/06/harvey-will-stay-with-st-kilda/

ST KILDA playing legend Robert Harvey looks certain to stay as a Saints assistant even if he is overlooked for the senior coaching appointment.

Harvey is believed to have told the Saints coaching selection committee that he will work as an assistant under whoever is the club’s new senior coach.

Umm the club has already come out and stated that no matter what happens Harvs will be assistant next year, as will Steven King.

Speculation is also raging through AFL circles that Gold Coast assistant and former Geelong defensive star Ken Hinkley has also pulled out of the Saints coaching race.
Hinkley, 45, instead appears to have committed to continue his senior assistant’s role under Suns head-coach Guy McKenna.

No i wonder if they have actually heard this or they are just going off here & SS.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Once again top quality "journalism" by Kim Hagdorn!!

I love Harves.

Fortius Quo Fidelius means something to him.

I could totally understand him wanting to leave if he was overlooked, but the man is a genuine superstar. He's a Saints fan, not just a Saints coach.

sports news first is hopeless...however i hope they're right this time.

hinkley has applied for just about every senior coaching vacancy over the last 5 years...and has been overlooked every time...and that makes you wonder.

plus he walked out on us after blight was sacked...despite being asked to stay on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints Footy is reporting that the four candidates to be interviewed are Tudor, Watters, Richardson and Ayres.

Also the source stated that Max Hudghton and Stewart Loewe are chances to become assistant coaches.

Saints Footy is reporting that the four candidates to be interviewed are Tudor, Watters, Richardson and Ayres.

Also the source stated that Max Hudghton and Stewart Loewe are chances to become assistant coaches.
Ooh... just had a warm fuzzy feeling run up and down my body...

Damn: Tudor as head coach, Max at the backline, Harves on midfield, Loewe on the forwards, and King on the rucks. That is one VERY nice coaching unit for the Saints.

So he is just reporting what has been in the news for past 3 weeks!! He is as reliable as SportsNewsFirst...

AFAIK, Adam Kingsley isn't going anywhere, so it would be interesting to see Max with the backs, Harvey with the mids, King with the rucks, and Leigh Tudor as coach putting extra time into our forward set up with the current guy, Kingsley.

sports news first is hopeless...however i hope they're right this time.

hinkley has applied for just about every senior coaching vacancy over the last 5 years...and has been overlooked every time...and that makes you wonder.

plus he walked out on us after blight was sacked...despite being asked to stay on.
I don't particularly hold that against him, could just be he didn't want to work with/for GT

If the rumour about Hinkley pulling out is true, questions have start being asked about what the he'll is going on at the club to make so many good candidates pull out. I'm not sure I will be entirely confident with the selection of anyone if the rumor of another candidate pulling out is true.

Anyone thought maybe we already have a coach lined up and this whole "process" is just a cover?

If the rumour about Hinkley pulling out is true, questions have start being asked about what the he'll is going on at the club to make so many good candidates pull out. I'm not sure I will be entirely confident with the selection of anyone if the rumor of another candidate pulling out is true.

Maybe they are dictating conditions that the club wont agree with.

" Oh yeah I'll coach but I have to control the recruiting "
" only if I get to do a rebuild "
etc etc.

Anyone thought maybe we already have a coach lined up and this whole "process" is just a cover?

Thought had occurred to me given the public updating process of when things were starting, when they completed and the like which seemed "odd" to me. But then, imagine the loss of respect or questions that would then be asked if it ends up being the case? As it will get out eventually, be it directly after or 10 years down the track.

And it just ends up as being not worth it and if they're competent, as I believe they are, it shouldn't and by association wouldn't happen.

coaches dropping out = not in the mix for the gig and the club has told them so

in other words they haven't made the next round

coaches dropping out = not in the mix for the gig and the club has told them so

in other words they haven't made the next round

Or perhaps they don't believe they can undertake why is requested of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back