Potential new assistant coach - Who will it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex99

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Moving away from the 'Jarman sacked by North Adelaide – potential midfield coach?’ thead and looking at our own interest. During Neil Craig’s interview on 5AA last week he gave an indication that the AFC would be looking at appointing a new assistant coach.

So judging from the general consensus of the ‘Jarman sacked by North Adelaide – potential midfield coach?’ some would be very happy if the AFC appointed Andrew Jarman just as some would be very disappointed.

Wh would satisfy you as a supporter and what sort of areas of expertise does this person (because it may be a woman) need to have to add some sort of value to the coaching panel?

Bring back Don Pyke :(

He moved back to Perth for family issues didn’t he not club related?

Maybe after a few years those family issues have eased off and he maybe willing to move back to Adelaide, i wonder if the club will seek him out and offer him the job.

Scott Burns​

Did he retire last night?

Not a bad suggestion and if Neil Craig asked him he potentially may say yes as he rates Neil Craig as the best coach he ever had. Moving away from Melbourne and the Collingwood inner circle may be an issue

Did he retire last night?

Not a bad suggestion and if Neil Craig asked him he potentially may say yes as he rates Neil Craig as the best coach he ever had. Moving away from Melbourne and the Collingwood inner circle may be an issue

no he has not announced his retirement, however I expect that he will

if he does he will be my #1 target

he is a SA boy, NC and Scotty have a mutal respectful relationship, and scotty would bring some good midfield intel, as the Pies are one of the best stoppages / clearence sides in the league

no he has not announced his retirement, however I expect that he will

if he does he will be my #1 target

he is a SA boy, NC and Scotty have a mutal respectful relationship, and scotty would bring some good midfield intel, as the Pies are one of the best stoppages / clearence sides in the league

We may not even be in the running for his services as it looks like he may go to Geelong and not even consider moving back to SA as his roots are laid down in Victoria.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24340450-19742,00.html

still early days

however, the first step is the crows need to approach him, he may not even be on the crows radar

he would be on mine

During Neil Craig’s interview on 5AA last week he gave an indication that the AFC would be looking at appointing a new assistant coach.

Did Craig detail what that assistant coach would be coaching? I'm seeing some worthy names thrown around - Jars, Buckley, Burns - but i haven't heard what they would actually be doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO if Rick McGowan goes to the AFL it will be with the Hawks

Ricky's business interests extends to Melb and he is a very good friend of Clarkson

Did Craig detail what that assistant coach would be coaching? I'm seeing some worthy names thrown around - Jars, Buckley, Burns - but i haven't heard what they would actually be doing.

No he didn't

He said the extra resource would be partially invested in player development didnt he?

Or maybe the news reporter just suggested this considering all the youngsters we will have on our list next year

Possibly and you may be correct in saying that but i don’t remember him giving a definite answer to where that coach would be allocated.

We need someone who has a bit of flair and knows how to set up a decent forward line/coach our forwards about positioning etc and our mids on delivery. I'd look at A. Jarman, Carey possibly, even Ricciuto? Said he wanted a little time off, might be able to be lured back?

Basset by the sounds will be a great coach, but I think we've got enough defensive minded coaches in the box, someone with more forward thinking would be nice.

A cabbie rang 5AA saying he saw Spud Frawley at the airport in suit and tie midweek.

Might have been a dud senior, but he sure as shite knows the defensive caper.

A cabbie rang 5AA saying he saw Spud Frawley at the airport in suit and tie midweek.

Might have been a dud senior, but he sure as shite knows the defensive caper.

Could be going for an interview at your club. Don’t you have a vacancy to replace that guy who went to the WCE?

Spudwick wouldn’t be so bad, he could teach truck a few tricks of the trade.

We need someone who has a bit of flair and knows how to set up a decent forward line/coach our forwards about positioning etc and our mids on delivery. I'd look at A. Jarman, Carey possibly, even Ricciuto? Said he wanted a little time off, might be able to be lured back?

Basset by the sounds will be a great coach, but I think we've got enough defensive minded coaches in the box, someone with more forward thinking would be nice.
Roo is my choice, couldn't get anyone better for a midfield, forward coach & what an inspiration he would be for our young players.

I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if it was Mark Ricciuto. He said at the end of last year he needed a bit of time away from footy, and that time may have now passed. I would say he has been on the coaching radar and in discussions with the club as to "where he is at" ever since retirement.

All speculation but as I said I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential new assistant coach - Who will it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back