Potential Pick 6 and Pick 10 draftee Highlight Videos and Player Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of McCarthy as our selection at 10.

Yesterdays gut feel was that Aish would slide a lot lower than thought.

Today's gut feel is that McCarthy is a Dekker special...fits the profile he likes and this could very much be a year like 2006 where we go tall slightly unexpectedly. We are due for one. It could even be with pick 6 if he likes him enough.

From those videos Kolodashnij and Scharenberg look extremely classy. Bomtempelli looks like he'll take a few years to make an impact at AFL level

Freeman looks like he could be the next Judd

I think McCarthy will be gone by pick 6, Saints and the Dogs have to consider him IMO, they also have the time to develop him.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see WC take him before Sheed- Acres at 11.

Don't see what all the Aish hype is about. From those videos at least, about 3-4 of the others look better than him.

I'd love to see us land Freeman or Scharenberg. They have elite written all over them

McCarthy seems a little undersized for me. Listed 193-194. Just doesn't scream KP type at AFL level.

Like his endeavour and he could play a Chris Mayne like role but IMO we already have an undersized fwd in Paine who is similar size and can't get a game. I'd prefer we take the two best mids/runners.

Don't see what all the Aish hype is about. From those videos at least, about 3-4 of the others look better than him.

I'd love to see us land Freeman or Scharenberg. They have elite written all over them
With all due respect, you write off one guy based on his highlights and label another two as 'elite' based on their highlight videos?
OK then....

With all due respect, you write off one guy based on his highlights and label another two as 'elite' based on their highlight videos?
OK then....

Exactly, I have faith that Hine & Rendell will know these guys strengths & weaknesses a hell of a lot better than we do.

OK then....
Talk about talking something out of context....

I did say "from those videos" and that's all I can base it on. Most people on this forum have only seen the videos and haven't actually seen the players in action, so 90% would be basing it off the same material as me. I'm not saying he's definitely shit because the video wasn't good, I'm just saying the other players have better highlight videos.

McCarthy seems a little undersized for me. Listed 193-194. Just doesn't scream KP type at AFL level.

Like his endeavour and he could play a Chris Mayne like role but IMO we already have an undersized fwd in Paine who is similar size and can't get a game. I'd prefer we take the two best mids/runners.

I tend to agree. Its amazing how much the game has changed over the past 7-8 years. Around 2005, most elite Key Position forwards and defenders were 191-193cm. Nowadays most Key Forwards are 195+cm. The likes of Cloke, Franklin, J Roo, Petrie, Tippett, Hawkins, Cameron and Clark are all 195/196cm+. Thats not to say that 192/193cm Key Forwards wont be good, as evidenced by Roughead and Walker, but its becoming increasingly rare and will continue to do so even more. On an aside, I think Collingwood became aware of this trend earlier than most clubs and drafted accordingly with players like Reid 195cm, Brown 195cm and Keeffe 204cm. Cloke at 196cm we were obviously fortunate to get rather than it being through purposeful drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my selections

bontempelli with 6 - just oozes class, good in traffic, long left kick, clean hands. we can always do with another pendles
mccarthy with 10- great hands, quick with a great leap and can kick either foot ( massive plus ). if we do take moore next year we can potentially solve our future KPF for the next 10 years

acres- would take him if bontempelli is taken, very much the same, all class and a leader

kk, didnt seem him win much of his own ball, weary of someone playing loose and not having pressure on him when disposing of the ball. best kick out of the draftees tho. so who knows

scharenberg- doubt he will be available by our pick, is a man child who has it all. leads from the front, great skills and courage

aish- very good but nothing special about him, good decision maker but we have that in our side

freeman- really debated whether to get him at 10, explosive pace from a contest ( something we really miss )

salem- like him a lot, wouldnt suprise if we picked him at 10, great left foot, good speed, great decision maker, he looks like a potential no 4 guernsey to me

just my opinion

OK then....

:thumbsu: Dubber

"At the mid-year under-18 championships Aish had the best kicking efficiency of any player, a strong indicator of his ability to get the ball and make every possession count.

The best at a lousy 86.7% D.E, now I would have thought that is elite.;)

:thumbsu: Dubber

"At the mid-year under-18 championships Aish had the best kicking efficiency of any player, a strong indicator of his ability to get the ball and make every possession count.

The best at a lousy 86.7% D.E, now I would have thought that is elite.;)

Saw him miss a target in his highlight video, stat is disregarded.

I tend to agree. Its amazing how much the game has changed over the past 7-8 years. Around 2005, most elite Key Position forwards and defenders were 191-193cm. Nowadays most Key Forwards are 195+cm. The likes of Cloke, Franklin, J Roo, Petrie, Tippett, Hawkins, Cameron and Clark are all 195/196cm+.

Mostly agree, however there are some super stars at 195 or under.

Pav is the first to come to mind and only 192 cm's, N. Rewolt 193, Fev is not long gone and was 191. Gunstan was probably the best key forward in the finals and on GF dayand is 193. J. Rewolt 195, Darling, 191, Tex Walker at 191.

If they have the ability and tools 194 or 195 won't make squidleys.

Word perfect.

That's also why Maxy's DE is is rarely below 60%. :)

You can have a good DE and not be a good kick.

More to it then just missing targets, kicking to advantage is the stat that should be recorded not kicking on top of a players head 3v1.

Not saying Aish is a poor kick but hate people using DE as a stat to prove anything.

Aish in his highlights looked rushed when kicking and even the handball in the goal square didn't favour his team mate.

By the sounds of it he just had a poor champs and his usual SANFL self is much more damaging??

You can have a good DE and not be a good kick.

More to it then just missing targets, kicking to advantage is the stat that should be recorded not kicking on top of a players head 3v1.

Not saying Aish is a poor kick but hate people using DE as a stat to prove anything.

Aish in his highlights looked rushed when kicking and even the handball in the goal square didn't favour his team mate.

By the sounds of it he just had a poor champs and his usual SANFL self is much more damaging??
Yep, and you can't compare DE% of HBs-mids-forwards either, most good HBs go at around 75-80 (not because their elite kicks, but they often kick to players in space, they aren't required to hit lace out passes like mids-Forwards)

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential Pick 6 and Pick 10 draftee Highlight Videos and Player Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back