Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I've been bitterly disappointed with Sam Day's first year at AFL level, given the massive hooha that surrounded him at draft time last year.

He's barely fired a shot in anger, but I think he may have had a limited pre-season on account of injury, which wouldn't help.

I was interested in Day originally as a target for the Crows, but I'd want to see a lot more delivered by him before that becomes a reality.

As for trading Tippett for him - no thanks.

50 goals for a finals side is just over 2 a game. That is a pass mark, i stick by it.

Ludicrous. 2 goals is a number you've plucked out of thin air and does not reflect the competition in the present day. What evidence is there that Day will ever get near that mark?

Ludicrous. 2 goals is a number you've plucked out of thin air and does not reflect the competition in the present day. What evidence is there that Day will ever get near that mark?

So your key forward. That is on a reported $600k a year salary shouldnt kick about 2 goals a game on average? I think thats about right.

From what we've seen on the past 2 years how can we assume that Kurt will consistently do that for the next 6 years? Because to be a GF winning team we would want 60+ goals out of him i would think.

So your key forward. That is on a reported $600k a year salary shouldnt kick about 2 goals a game on average? I think thats about right.

From what we've seen on the past 2 years how can we assume that Kurt will consistently do that for the next 6 years? Because to be a GF winning team we would want 60+ goals out of him i would think.
And what's to suggest that Day will ever have a 50+ goal season?

Tippett has done it once and demands the best defender when he's in the forward line which in return will help Walker and Gunston out whereas this won't happen with Day, well not in the near future anyways...

Firstly, the salary is an unsubstantiated claim. There is one player on our list that earns that much, and there is strong rumours it is actually ST. Either way, it is unsubstantiated.

Secondly, if you go by the same report, Jon Brown, Pavlich & Riewoldt are all on $900k-$1m and none of them kick 50 goals this year. Should they be traded?

Kurt has had been down the last 2 years, yes, but so has our team. On potential he is that much behind Day who has issues with his footskills and game smarts, and on delivery Tippett is miles and miles in front. Day is a project player. Big risk imo.

Don't understand the morbidity on this thread. Why are there so many Tippett haters and/or people resigned to him walking? He's a great player who has been triple teamed at times this year and would serve the club a lot better if we had decent delivery into our forward line.

Who would I swap him for? Bloody no-one! Certainly not an untried, unproven 'talent'. However, so I can fit in with the reast of the posters... lets trade Tippett, Walker and Gunston (who will all walk anyway if you listen to rumours). In return, lets try and get Fev for FF or lure Bazza Hall out of retirement, we'll steal a GWS player before they've played a game and we'll get Kane Cornes to come across to us for his final season.

What about Luke Bruest from Hawthorn. Fringe player only there due to LTI. Small forward who has done well this year?
Hawthorn would want to much for him and they are a difficult club to trade with.
He was the round 15 rising star nomination and Hawthorn would use that to their advantage.

What about Luke Bruest from Hawthorn. Fringe palyer only there due to LTI. Small forward who has done well this year?

I like the idea of going for someone young who has talent and may be on the fringe of their respective sides. When you look at a side like Sydney who continually find players who can't hold a place in their side and star for them.

I would love for Adelaide to go aggressively for a young player who was drafted a few years ago such as Menzel (unlikely) or Howard.

If we trade Maric, I would like for us to take a punt on someone like Rhys Stanley who is super quick, athletic and has the potential to be a very good player.

Another player I really like but has been injured off and on for the last 2 AFL seasons is Callum Bartlett from Brisbane. Im pretty sure when he signed his original contract it was long term because of his knee injury, but he has speed, agility and the ability to link with quick movement, something many of our current players don't have.

Another player I really like but has been injured off and on for the last 2 AFL seasons is Callum Bartlett from Brisbane. Im pretty sure when he signed his original contract it was long term because of his knee injury, but he has speed, agility and the ability to link with quick movement, something many of our current players don't have.

I should add, I would not give up heaps for him. It would only be if the price was right and we could find an acceptable trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley is an interesting one for me. I like him and definately has speed and can kick a goal. More of a forward for me. Also he has some off field issues.

Still i would enquire.

Setting 50 goals as a "pass mark" for a forward is insane. May as well set 35 disposals as a "pass mark" for a midfielder.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to see it's a signpost of a great forward.

m23 - the knock on Day was always, huge potential but it's not all there yet, and may never be. He never really ripped the lower levels apart, despite constantly threatening to do so.

I still think he'll come good but in my mind he was always going to be one of those guys who struggles for the first few years before finally putting it together.

I should add, I would not give up heaps for him. It would only be if the price was right and we could find an acceptable trade.

Barlett wont be on the trade table anyway. He has a lot of talent and we have not seen that in the seniors because of injury. And someone said Redden was in our leadership group but he is not, Should kick Clark off it and put him on.

Setting 50 goals as a "pass mark" for a forward is insane. May as well set 35 disposals as a "pass mark" for a midfielder.

quote]

I really dont understand how you guys have jumped all over this. It is literally 2 goals a game that i asked for. I rounded up to 50 but still. That is not a big ask for your 'GUN' forward.

I really dont understand how you guys have jumped all over this. It is literally 2 goals a game that i asked for. I rounded up to 50 but still. That is not a big ask for your 'GUN' forward.

No, its "literally" 2.27 goals a game. 44 goals would be 2 goals a game, or for Tippetts 18 games, 36 goals. 50 goals this year for Tippett would have been 2.8 goals a game, or by your scale "literally" 3 goals a game.

Just sayin'....

never seen him play, is he any good?

http://www.aflnt.com.au/index.php?id=6&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=66&tx_ttnews[backPid]=5&cHash=62944e85a6
Ah Chee wins McLean Medal

Talented U18 NT Thunder member Roland Ah Chee was voted the Best and Fairest of the NAB U18 National Championships at the NT Thunder vote count on Sunday at TIO Stadium.

The Tattersalls NT Thunder Development Squad announced their best and fairest players and handed out a host awards at their annual presentation day at TIO Stadium on Sunday.
After a stunning carnival and impressing scouts, Roland Ah Chee was named the McLean medalist for the NT Thunder's NAB U18 National Championship campaign in 2009

Perhaps some of the Norwood supporters could have some info, certainly goes OK looking at his highlights on You Tube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back