Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the whole issue with Griff going back to WA...was so he could be closer to his family. It would look strange for him to come back to SA.

If we lose Maric I wouldn't mind us having a crack at Lycett. It won't happen but stranger things have happened.

I'm not sure if he wants to stay or leave. Presumably he'll stay as we tend to keep players despite the Judd saga.

However, he's certainly a few years away from doing anything decent at AFL level, IMO, so if you're looking for someone to replace Maric and play a role now and again, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a long term ruck/forward who could potentially be up and about in roughly 3 years, Lycett's your man.

Douglas and our first rounder for Omeara? We need an elite mid to finish off our midfield.

Iimagine we may need to give up slightly more than that for omeara. To me losing a solid player and our first is too great if he doesn't work out. I am not disputing his talent and the need though :D

Would we ever want him back or has he done his dash with us?
Can't see why we would want him when we have Jacobs and Tippett. He now may want to leave due to him being able to show the ability of playing well as a first ruck when Sandilands is injured. No chance of him wanting to come back to the Adelaide side and do exactly what he is doing at Freo. Port on the other hand have a weaker ruck division and Griffin would be their number #1 ruck.

I'm not sure if he wants to stay or leave. Presumably he'll stay as we tend to keep players despite the Judd saga.
Not a chance of the Eagles trading away their 2nd round pick of last season without him playing unless he demands to be traded away which I can't see happening only 1 year into his AFL career.

How about Seb Tape and Haydn Jolly for big Kurtly next season... A good sized defender and a solid future midfielder for you to mould and both S.A. Lads... Then you don't run the risk of losing Tippett in 2013 for nothing? We all know Day still might be a possibility aswell but would rather trade the first 2 ;)

Would Knighta and Maric be worth Richmond's 1st rounder? Maybe throw in our 3rd rounder if necessary. I think their pick would be roughly 12-18, with Knighta being worth roughly near the end of the first round, Maric somewhat of a 2nd rounder. Thoughts?

How about Seb Tape and Haydn Jolly for big Kurtly next season... A good sized defender and a solid future midfielder for you to mould and both S.A. Lads... Then you don't run the risk of losing Tippett in 2013 for nothing? We all know Day still might be a possibility aswell but would rather trade the first 2 ;)

Add Sam Day and you may have a deal :p

Jolly is worth a jar of piss at this stage. GC can't wait to get rid of the fat bastard. And why do we need another 3rd tall defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Knighta and Maric be worth Richmond's 1st rounder? Maybe throw in our 3rd rounder if necessary. I think their pick would be roughly 12-18, with Knighta being worth roughly near the end of the first round, Maric somewhat of a 2nd rounder. Thoughts?

I think they'd say no, but it's certainly worth asking the question. Your values seem about right - I'd have Knights at about 20 - 25, and Ivan at about 35 - 45.

Crows must trade this summer as we need a solid midfielder and a small crummer forward to help our big boys in the forward line.

for starters I think these players need to be traded...
  • Chris Knights
  • Ricky Henderson
  • Richard douglas
  • Brad Symes
also if we want to go for a gun midfielder like Colin Sylvia who is yet to sign with melbourne i would be happy to trade Bernie Vince and another player

I know a lot of people may disagree but hey look at our list compared to a top 4 team. lets face it our midfield needs help and we need depth in this side!

If eade gets the job dont be surprised if he lures Griffen from bulldogs to come for a possible trade.

Also heard on the grapevine that menzel from geelong is been closely watched by our recruiting management and collingwood wants bernie vince straight swap for Beams, however not sure if it will happen as vince signed another deal with us recently.

We probably don't want Griffin back, no. Too many issues there, and we don't need another second ruck. We're likely to trade out Maric who is a second ruck himself.

What happens if god forbid, an injury occurs to Jacobs and we dont have maric? :eek: We have tippett:confused: Rather him more up forard then getting battered each week.

We now have no moran and a bunch of second rucks :eek:

Tip can easily hold down the first ruck spot. Not ideal, and we then have smack to play the forward/ruckman.

What happens if god forbid, an injury occurs to Jacobs and we dont have maric? :eek: We have tippett:confused: Rather him more up forard then getting battered each week.

We now have no moran and a bunch of second rucks :eek:

I couldnt agree with you more! i was just saying that the other day with a friend. look what happened to port... as soon as brogan gets injured there young ruck gets thrown into the deep end and they are stuffed.

tippet and mckernan can play ruck but deff not ideal for us.

i think maric needs to stay however he is a ruckman that is in high demand for alot of clubs so i think we can get something decent out of this.

Who could we maybe look at from Richmond if Maric ends there. Im thinking a small forward type. Ben Nason?
What about Mitch Morton some days he looks to be one of the best small forwards in the leauge others like he'd struggle in the SAAFL. To be fair, Maric is in a similar boat.
Could he be worth a punt? 24 years old?

Tippett and our second rounder for Day? Only reason I would do this trade being I'd like to see Walker play at FF and Gunston as the third tall up forward leaving us needing someone to play CHF. Tippett isn't naturally a CHF in my opinion so therefore I think we should go for Day who probably has more of the physical attributes to succeed at CHF than Tippett.

I would love Adelaide to go after Jack Redden from Brisbane, regardless of whether he is contracted.

Fantastically talented young player who looks like becoming a star of the game.

I would love Adelaide to go after Jack Redden from Brisbane, regardless of whether he is contracted.

Fantastically talented young player who looks like becoming a star of the game.

Contracted + in Brisbane's leadership group

Slim chance and would cost plenty

Tippett and our second rounder for Day? Only reason I would do this trade being I'd like to see Walker play at FF and Gunston as the third tall up forward leaving us needing someone to play CHF. Tippett isn't naturally a CHF in my opinion so therefore I think we should go for Day who probably has more of the physical attributes to succeed at CHF than Tippett.
That would be a straight swap, with no sweeteners required.

However, Tippett isn't going anywhere. Lock it in Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back