Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bastards keep away from Howard. We took him with our first pick to keep him away from you guys in the first place :p.

FWIW, we would be asking for more than he is worth. Without reading through it, I notice there is a thread on your board about Gunston wanting to be in Vic? We would probably ask for him.
I doubt we would want Knights, or Henderson.

Id offer douglas and a seconder rounder or knights as a direct swap.

Gunna was also expected to fall to our third round, but Rendell was happy to nab him earlier.
Just on this, the bloke that tipped us off about Gunston being picked by the Crows also said a couple of other clubs were interested at him and were looking at him with their picks around 30-40 so I'm not sure he would have made it to us by the 3rd round.

I've got a fair idea, and it's not good (hasn't been for some time, along with a couple of others)
I know Sellar hasn't done anything in a long time and it seems rather clear that he won't be held onto, I still think we should. Back in 09 (might have been 10) for memory when Bock was having quiet a number of issues Sellar came in and played that role at CHB and did a pretty good job at it. Thought he was actually alright playing as an attacking player coming out, never trying to do anything out of his skill range so he didn't do too many stupid things. With us going in with Rutten, McKernan, Talia as the leaders to take the key positions, I assume we would hold onto him for some added security if any of these get injured as he has shown he can handle the role pretty well (imo).

Just on this, the bloke that tipped us off about Gunston being picked by the Crows also said a couple of other clubs were interested at him and were looking at him with their picks around 30-40 so I'm not sure he would have made it to us by the 3rd round.

I think the consensus on draft day was that Gunna was a third round pick. No certainty of making it to Adelaide, but very likely.

I have a feeling that Gunna had his keen advocates in recruiting circles, but there were too many question marks surrounding him still given his lack of exposed form in one particular role, injury and skinny frame.

Just dug up Burgan's report. He mentions Gunna as a possibility at #29 (with us picking James Craig instead!), a long shot at #31 for WB, but ultimately at our third round pick. Doesn't receive any other mention.

45 - ADELAIDE - Jack Gunston
DOB: 16/10/91, Height: 191cm, Weight: 74kg
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons (VIC)
Draft range: 25-53
Meet Jack Gunston

Adelaide has been strongly aligned with Gunston and it would not surprise if it selected him at No.29. The versatile forward/defender has climbed up the rankings and has attracted strong interest from the Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne and Brisbane Lions. Some talent identifiers believe he is a genuine second-round selection. Gunston is an outstanding overhead mark and flexible enough to play on smalls or talls. He booted six goals against Murray Bushrangers in round 19 this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=87451

A rumor on 5aa, so take it for what its worth. North are chasing Knights and are offering up L Thomas.
Knights is contracted so we would want more than Thomas.
Would rather the club use Knights to get Howard.
We don't need Thomas as we have Gunston, Porpoise, Wright, Lyons and Callinan.

A rumor on 5aa, so take it for what its worth. North are chasing Knights and are offering up L Thomas.

Awesome

So we go from a dead eye dick on goal but can not hit a target in the field to a player who can not hit the side of a barn, in the field or at goal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you.

Chris Knight is a gun player who had a bad run with injury, form and confidence. Next year, with a new coach he will be back to his best.

better have a pick attached.

That's what I said;)

I am really not interested in this trade. Some bloke on our board is touting it like Knights is already trying out his blue and white guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be :eek: if North were offering Thomas, on this weeks edition of AFL360 Scott was full of praise for Thomas and said that Thomas's upside for the Kanga's was enormous

Awesome

So we go from a dead eye dick on goal but can not hit a target in the field to a player who can not hit the side of a barn, in the field or at goal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you.

Chris Knight is a gun player who had a bad run with injury, form and confidence. Next year, with a new coach he will be back to his best.

I like Knights as a player however he has had 1 x 12 week purple Patch inhis career, that does not = GUN

better have a pick attached.

If a handicapper was weighting Thomas and Knights, Thomas would be the one in the number one saddle cloth.

Gunston would be much more suitable to our needs.

Thomas and pick 18 for Gunston and Knights. Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys.

If a handicapper was weighting Thomas and Knights, Thomas would be the one in the number one saddle cloth.

Gunston would be much more suitable to our needs.

Thomas and pick 18 for Gunston and Knights. Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys.

Get stuffed. :thumbsu:

FWIW I would take Thomas in a heart beat

He is quick, elusive and some his forward pressure is exactly what we need

Yes his kicking for goal has been a concern however He had almost 60 shots at goal in 2011, fix his yips and he will be a sensation

I would do Knights for Thomas straight trade.

All things equal Knights has the better ceiling but his injuries and foot skills bring him back to Thomas level.

Given what Gunston has shown at AFL level, pick 18 is not good enough (his original draft position means nothing now).

FWIW I would take Thomas in a heart beat

He is quick, elusive and some his forward pressure is exactly what we need

Yes his kicking for goal has been a concern however He had almost 60 shots at goal in 2011, fix his yips and he will be a sensation

I actually agree with you. :eek:

I would do Knights for Thomas straight trade.

All things equal Knights has the better ceiling but his injuries and foot skills bring him back to Thomas level.

I think that Thomas has the greater upside and for that reason he shades Knights. He also has a more rounded game.

Given what Gunston has shown at AFL level, pick 18 is not good enough (his original draft position means nothing now).

The change left over from the Thomas trade makes up the difference.

It's certainly more reasonable than 95% of the trades you see on BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back