Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Campbell over Thomas as LT seems a bit too mentally soft for my liking.

Wouldn't mind having a look at Speight from the Kangaroos. Has only played 10 games (several as the sub) but has looked pretty lively in the limited opportunities he's been given. Knows where to find the goals too.

What would he be worth? Second/third round pick?

I'd prefer Campbell over Thomas as LT seems a bit too mentally soft for my liking.

Wouldn't mind having a look at Speight from the Kangaroos. Has only played 10 games (several as the sub) but has looked pretty lively in the limited opportunities he's been given. Knows where to find the goals too.

What would he be worth? Second/third round pick?

He's worth more to us than just about any other team. He has pace and is a great kick. With those attributes he stands out in our midfield.

Yeah, you guys made a big play for Griff last year, but he re-signed for 2 years. I wouldn't have been surprised if he left when his dad was very ill, but thankfully he didn't. He is very entrenched in Melbourne now.
We would ask for more than Gunston and a 2nd round pick as well.
Considering you blokes dudded us on the Hudson trade, how about making it up for it with Gunston for Howard and your second pick? :D

Fair call. I was just factoring in their club's position on the ladder as an incentive to return home (i.e easier to to get Griffen home than Gibbs). Both players would be valuable but are probably unrealistic like you said. Who else would you want from these teams though (realistic)? I'm struggling to come up with so realistic alternatives ATM.
Sorry, I did add to the post after first submitting it that I'd be interested in looking at Christian Howard from the Dogs. Glenelg boy whose left foot kick was described as Hodge-like leading up to being drafted. Has had hip injuries and only played a handful of AFL games so far, so a bit hard to get a read on. Supposedly Rendell was keen with our second rounder, so the Bulldogs reached a bit and grabbed him with their first at 15.

So we've got Davis' compo to work with, plus Gunston and Maric probably on the way out, as well as pick 10. I'd be severely disappointed if we didn't manage to pick up Kennedy with all this trade capital, and, quite frankly, I'd be looking into trying to get O'Meara as well. It'll obviously take some three+ party trading to get it done, but if we're not exploring that avenue I'd be disappointed.

So we've got Davis' compo to work with, plus Gunston and Maric probably on the way out, as well as pick 10. I'd be severely disappointed if we didn't manage to pick up Kennedy with all this trade capital, and, quite frankly, I'd be looking into trying to get O'Meara as well. It'll obviously take some three+ party trading to get it done, but if we're not exploring that avenue I'd be disappointed.

Davis compo should only be used in a mini-draft deal (preferably as a last resort), otherwise it is untouchable. Need to save it for next years "superdraft" if we don't get what we want out of this years mini-draft.

Some suggestions for opposition supporters just to get a understanding of value (don't go ape if you don't like them, be constructive):

Carl: Gunston + 2nd Pick for Gibbs

Ric: Gunston for Edwards + Connors

Haw: Gunston for Young + 2nd Pick

Nth: Gunston + 4th for Thomas + Warren
or Gunston for 1st + Warren

StK: Gunston for Stevens + 3rd
or Gunston + 3rd for Armitage + 2nd

WB: Gunston + 3rd for Griffen
or Gunston for Howard

Hahaha oh man, you are going to be a very disappointed little boy.

I rate Gunna as high as anyone, but that's delusional.

Hahaha oh man, you are going to be a very disappointed little boy.

I rate Gunna as high as anyone, but that's delusional.

Ouch...I think you broke me:rolleyes:. Can't believe I have to put up with this from another Crows supporter:mad:. They are suggestions to work out how other teams rate their talent compared to ours. I'm not saying that any of these deals will get done, some of them are unlikely at best but others aren't that far-fetched surely? Geez...

Considering you blokes dudded us on the Hudson trade, how about making it up for it with Gunston for Howard and your second pick? :D

Hell no :p
Howard was a first rounder, Gunston was a 2nd rounder, in the same draft, and you want us to give you a 2nd rounder as well?!
Geez, surely we didn't dud you THAT badly with the Hudson trade? :D

Howard was a first rounder, Gunston was a 2nd rounder, in the same draft, and you want us to give you a 2nd rounder as well?!

No, but you shafted us by convincing Welsh to walk into the PSD after trade period finished the same year ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you can have Jacky & Cook back if you want.

Some suggestions for opposition supporters just to get a understanding of value (don't go ape if you don't like them, be constructive):

or Gunston for Howard

Nearly fell off my chair laughing at your suggestion of Gunston and a very generous offer of a 2nd round pick (what about early 30's) for Gibbs. Then i realised it was meant to be a joke.

I'd be disappointed if we don't get some real quality on to our list this year via the trade. It would seem that we have some currency such as Maric, potentially Gunna, Davis compo pick etc etc.

I really like Howard, I think he has some real silky skills and would be prepared to spend up on him. Perhaps not pick 10, but pretty close.

Unlike many, I dont mind Edwards from the Tiges. IMO, probably not worth a top 30 pick, but would be happy for him to come here as part of the Maric trade. Not sure about Connors, havent seen enough of him.

Our midfield really needs some work and if we landed Howard and Edwards and still maintained an early pick for the draft, I'd be pretty happy (especially if we picked up, say O'Hara and Pfeiffer as mature picks aswell).

Given our midfield issues, I'm not sure if Lindsay Thomas or Warren is a priority.

I think some of your guys were trying to convince us at the time, that Jordan McMahon would be ample compensation for Hudson! A I remembering that correctly?

Ouch...I think you broke me:rolleyes:. Can't believe I have to put up with this from another Crows supporter:mad:. They are suggestions to work out how other teams rate their talent compared to ours. I'm not saying that any of these deals will get done, some of them are unlikely at best but others aren't that far-fetched surely? Geez...

Sorry mate, but I'm a friend of reason first, the Crows second.

Gibbs for Gunston & a 2nd rounder? Really? I'd offer Gunna & #10 for Gibbs, without expecting Carlton to respond to our phone calls.

Sorry mate, but I'm a friend of reason first, the Crows second.

Gibbs for Gunston & a 2nd rounder? Really? I'd offer Gunna & #10 for Gibbs, without expecting Carlton to respond to our phone calls.

Gunston, a KPF prospect who most Crows BF posters' (rightly or wrongly) are claiming is worth a 1st Round pick and a reasonably high 2nd round pick isn't worth Gibbs? Maybe not, but the suggestion (not offer) isn't laughable by any measure. Considering that Carlton is in need of a taller forward (probably need more of a power forward, confused why they are even interested) we have a fair but of leverage any deal (forcing him to go into the PSD, limited options for them to trade for ATM, weak draft etc.). Not saying that a Gibbs deal is probable but it is worth a suggestion considering that he would fulfill a need for us (outside mid with good disposal) and Gunston would fulfill some sort of need for them considering they are the one's that are trying to get him. Not to mention we can play silly buggers with the other Vic teams that are interested (and there will be several others) until we find a deal that gets us something close to what we want. Aim high for Gibbs first off, then settle because we could get more than you think. Considering Carlton are the team that is supposedly interested in him ATM who else would you realistically want to go after that would improve our team right now in an area of concern?

I wish posters would forget Gibbs as although dudded out of him he is not leaving Carlton
and our chance to get Griffen has passed as well.
But lets get cheque book out and get someone decent in these trades lets be ambitious not chase dreams

Providing that all players are fit.

Fair, but not plausible.

Favors Adelaide.

Favors Hawthorn.

(1st) Fair (2nd) Fair

(1st) Favors StKilda (2nd) Favors StKilda

or Gunston for Howard
(1st) Fair (2nd) Favors Bulldogs

Both those are ridiculous...the first clearly shafts the Dogs, and the second clearly shafts us.
They were probably some of the better trades offered as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back