Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many other clubs will be interested in him (GWS I would say for example) for us to be able to pay him enough to chose our club over another Melbourne club.

Too many other clubs will be interested in him (GWS I would say for example) for us to be able to pay him enough to chose our club over another Melbourne club.

yeah thats true, i suppose the only way to lure an established player would be a straight swap which is not really common now days.

i just really hope we get something decent for gungston and maric trade tho

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but apparently chris dawes is not happy at collingwood and the word going around melb is that he may be traded.

my friend who lives in melbourne has heard that buckley is keen on gungston for next year.

i think dawes is a great replacement if we lose gungston or tippet.

what does everyone else think?
Pass on Dawes: Collingwood would want 2 first rounders for him.

What about Lewis Johnston from Sydney? Reid, Dannis-Lane and that spud White are all ahead of him in the pecking order, so it's unlikely that he will get too many opportunities there. I'd imagine Sydney would be pretty reasonable if his name does pop up in trade discussions.

Pass on Dawes: Collingwood would want 2 first rounders for him.

What about Lewis Johnston from Sydney? Reid, Dannis-Lane and that spud White are all ahead of him in the pecking order, so it's unlikely that he will get too many opportunities there. I'd imagine Sydney would be pretty reasonable if his name does pop up in trade discussions.

My understanding is that Johnston is a developing player for them ATM which they expect to pay dividends in the near future. With the re-invention of their forward line around Reid they will probably value Johnston in a similar way to how we view Gunston as a "foil" with with potential to be even more. I doubt they would let him go easily considering he was a relatively high pick not that long ago (Pick 12 in 2008 IIRC). Sydney would probably demand a mid-late 1st round pick ATM (maybe pick 18 from North?). Don't know if he has actually expressed a wish to return to SA either.

My understanding is that Johnston is a developing player for them ATM which they expect to pay dividends in the near future. With the re-invention of their forward line around Reid they will probably value Johnston in a similar way to how we view Gunston as a "foil" with with potential to be even more. I doubt they would let him go easily considering he was a relatively high pick not that long ago (Pick 12 in 2008 IIRC). Sydney would probably demand a mid-late 1st round pick ATM (maybe pick 18 from North?). Don't know if he has actually expressed a wish to return to SA either.

Bit of a loose cannon...although Swannies environment may have been good for him

Which reminds me has anyone heard how George Horlin-Smith is travelling...seemed a talent but have heard nothing of him

No to Dawess, but if the Pies are keen on Gun, we could land ourselves a quality mid out of it..

The Didak thing sounds like absolute bullshit; only a ****** would do that.

Blair (crash and bash midfielder played as a small forward) and Wellingham are borderline 22 for Collingwood. Gunston and a (fairly substantial) sweetner may net one of those, as being part of a best 22 would have to appeal to them.

Somebody hasn't been paying attention..:rolleyes:

Get over yourself - there was NOTHING in what Trigg said that will stop these discussions continuing.

The expectation is that Tippett will be here next year?

Good - we haven't rolled over yet. We're not just giving him up cheaply. But he is a must trade.

Get over yourself - there was NOTHING in what Trigg said that will stop these discussions continuing.

Good - we haven't rolled over yet. We're not just giving him up cheaply. But he is a must trade.

Trigg made it absolutely clear that Tippett will be here next year.

Beyond that, he didn't discuss.

I disagree strongly that he is a "must trade". Quite the contrary, I think he is a "must retain".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which reminds me has anyone heard how George Horlin-Smith is travelling...seemed a talent but have heard nothing of him

AC joint this year, signed a 3 year deal so 2 still to go, and is very happy in Geelong. No chance.

Would love Wellingham although I doubt we would ever be able to get him across. When Vince was talked up as a potential leaver to Collingwood he came up as a potential trade (between posters) in which most of the Collingwood supporters wanted Vince + a first round or something along the lines. Of course everyone overrates their own clubs players (maybe because we feel we know them better and expect more from them) but imagine how much more they would want on top of a player like Gunston who is highly unproven at this stage.

Unfortunately, people will continue to persist with this annoying fantasy until trade week is finally over. That much is true...
"Let me be Crystal Clear about this"...
Good - we haven't rolled over yet. We're not just giving him up cheaply. But he is a must keep.
Fixed for you.

I disagree strongly that he is a "must trade". Quite the contrary, I think he is a "must retain".

Its got to to be one or the other but THIS year. The Club has not denied the contract clause therefore we need to sign him to a long term deal prior to trade week OR trade him, if the clause in the contract exists.

MMMMM!!

Seems the new coach of the AFC doesn't agree with you!!!!

I guess he would have some say in our list going forward????

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...renton-sanderson/story-e6freck3-1226142259987

Sanderson also made it clear there was little chance of Kurt Tippett being released to join Gold Coast, describing him as an "incredible talent".
"Obviously having coached against him, he has got a lot of raw ability," Sanderson said. "I have seen him do some things which are just awesome, so I think he's a fantastic player

Anyone know what's happening with Symes ? I heard somewhere that he doesnt yet have a contract for 2012 and that the club was waiting for the new coach to make the call ?

Is this correct ?
Partially correct. The club are waiting until after trade week to decide Symes future.

MMMMM!!

Seems the new coach of the AFC doesn't agree with you!!!!

I guess he would have some say in our list going forward????

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...renton-sanderson/story-e6freck3-1226142259987
That only says that Sanderson rates Tippett. He hasn't ruled out trading him. In his press conference he also stated that he hadn't made any list management decisions.
Kurt needs to give a definitive answer about his future. Be it here or back in Queensland. The club need to know so they can plan for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back