Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna see some highlights of Smith's AFL career??

You just seen them!!

Fk-all!!

Our greatest dud!! :thumbsdown:
Hahaha! :D

As I was typing that post I was thinking to myself, this is a perfect set up for macca23 to deliver a gem. A bit like Mackay running down the wing and hitting Walker on the chest with a pin point pass in the goal square! :D

I'd like to know whether it's possible for those who bagged me to no end for rating him when Pfeiffer was deliseted, to offer me an apology?? ;) :p

Drum

Getting re-drafted is only one step, he then needs to make the most of his 3rd opportunity and perform

I do hope that he gets another crack at it

Is Sumner quick?

Wasn't a fan pre-draft. Looks like a quality SANFL excitement machine to me.

Happy to be proven wrong, but

1) I don't know what his position would be
2) A bit indecisive
3) When the ball is in his hands he can be very clever at time, but on the whole, I don't rate his footy smarts

But sure, if we can nab him for a negligible amount, then go for it

1) Pick 10 + Tippett for Pick 4 + Day
2) Davis Compo pick to GWS for Ben Kennedy
3) Gunston to NM for Pick 18
4) Maric to Richmond for the Bock compo pick

Draft Wingard with pick 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in case we decided to trade Tippett for pick 4, do you think we would use that and hope Wingard was available at that selection or off-load it to GWS for O'Meara. Package of Davis compo and pick 4 to get mini draft picks 1 and 2 (O'Meara and Kennedy).

Just in case we decided to trade Tippett for pick 4, do you think we would use that and hope Wingard was available at that selection or off-load it to GWS for O'Meara. Package of Davis compo and pick 4 to get mini draft picks 1 and 2 (O'Meara and Kennedy).

Either Wingard or Tyson would be available. In the position we're in, I think it'd be in our best interest to go for the somewhat proven young talent, over the younger talents at this stage, wouldn't complain if it turned out that way though.

In my highly uneducated opinion, I'd package them off for O'meara and Kennedy. O'meara sounds like an absolute jet and would be as "proven" anyone in this draft, similar with Kennedy, both I believe already have senior state level experience.

In my highly uneducated opinion, I'd package them off for O'meara and Kennedy. O'meara sounds like an absolute jet and would be as "proven" anyone in this draft, similar with Kennedy, both I believe already have senior state level experience.

id do the same... but im uneducated too:D

O'Meara will leave back home.

Kennedy will stay. Hmm who should we go for?

Also Wingard v Kennedy?

O'Meara will leave back home.

Kennedy will stay. Hmm who should we go for?

Also Wingard v Kennedy?

O'Meara is the best available, something IMO that you should always go hard for. I am a big Kennedy fan but he comes in as sloppy seconds to what O'Meara could provide to the team he ends up at. That said would be extremely happy if we ended up with Kennedy. Don't be too put off by the current exodus of players, we have faced extraordinary circumstances (new teams with money) that have affected these player movements. Gunston is really the only exception to this but he is just one player

Comparing Wingard to Kennedy is hard as they are both different types of players. Not that I am a fan of player comparisions but that is probably the best way to compare them ATM, Wingard has a "ceiling" of say a Scott Pendlebury where as Kennedy has the potential to be of the Cyril Rioli mould (would probably spend more time in the midfield though). Both players would be good at playing important roles for the team and bringing their intangibles to the table but based on need Wingard is probably the best option ATM. No reason we can't have both though if we play our cards right, that said Tippett being traded would have to be a last resort IMO (we shouldn't let proven quality go easily).

Not to mention trading with GC for say Pick 4 (and Gorringe?) would completely change how we would have to approach every other deal. For example, if Tippett was traded early in the week (something I don't want) then we would probably have to change our goals for the Gunston and Maric deals. Instead of mids, getting a quality KKF or ruck may become of primary concern rather than an outside mid as we could service that need though Wingard (Pick 4), someone at Pick 10 and possibly someone another position like Pick 18 (if we traded with North). This sitaution is further compunded by the fact that the Lions may try to get in on the Tippett situation so everything could change further depending on how that goes...

All up, to many variables and hypotheticals to speculate on...its doing my head in ATM:confused::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back