Potential training breach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Browne is that weird, borderline autistic 'reporter' who is also desperate to appear that footballers actually like him, yeah?
We must smash him if he was wrong. Let's start the rebellion. A revolution against this corrupt VFL competition

Last edited:

To me this is another sign of the continued mistake we make in not hiring experience. AFL rookies everywhere in the football department, no one has any long-term experience in their job outside maybe Steve Saunders.
Underrated post.

We would have the most inexperienced football department in the AFL.

One mess after another. Throw in peanuts like Chappy and Jammo on the board and it’s a recipe for disaster

Underrated post.

One mess after another. Throw in peanuts like Chappy and Jammo on the board and it’s a recipe for disaster
That's why the appt of Kelly was crucial.

And so to is the chasing of Bassett if that is to be believed.

Underrated post.

And I'm not trying to downplay state league experience, but it's the AFL, everything is twice as big, you're going from looking after X amount of people to potentially looking after X times 2 or 3. The demands are way higher and even if you've got experience you still have to learn to adjust and adapt to the workload.

Underrated post.

We also have the problem that we can't hire anyone from our own circle.

Our inexperience in management means we set the wrong standards, have the wrong plan and train lower level staff to do the wrong things. This breeds failure and hurts our ability to professionally develop staff.

Given there are only so many experienced football people willing to move to Adelaide, failing to properly develop from within is a killer. We can't even draw off our own ex-players because they've been brought up through this system of failure.

Contrast that to Geelong or Hawthorn who can literally draw on premiership legends because they have built success into the fabric of their organization

Our inexperience in management means we set the wrong standards, have the wrong plan and train lower level staff to do the wrong things. This breeds failure and hurts our ability to professionally develop staff.

Given there are only so many experienced football people willing to move to Adelaide, failing to properly develop from within is a killer. We can't even draw off our own ex-players because they've been brought up through this system of failure.
And the good ex players want to go. Rutten, VB, Bassett, Otten now.... They've up and left to further their careers.

That's why the appt of Kelly was crucial.

And so to is the chasing of Bassett if that is to be believed.

Apologies, I don’t mean to intrude haha, but I was meaning to say, the Kelly appointment looks like a really good one 👍 Listening to his interviews etc, comes across as very impressive. Keep the faith. More changes are required yes... but things have started to happen, compared to a year ago, well.

And if the VFL tries their crap here, I mean honestly, losing draft picks over a minor indiscretion in a situation/climate that no one has experienced before... it beggars belief. And I think the AFC will have a lot of support in fighting such a ludicrous penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contrast that to Geelong or Hawthorn who can literally draw on premiership legends because they have built success into the fabric of their organization
It can all be fixed. We just haven't had the courage to do so, so far.

A senior coaching staff of Nicks, Bassett, "highly qualified assistant", Godden would be very good in my eyes. From then on the right standards get set and players like Tex, Talia and Sloane become better post football assistant coaches who might make a difference. Leave it as is, and those players become people who clubs might not want to hire.

If it's draft picks, I'm done. I think I'd have to completely stop following the sport, because I don't think I could go back to following the state leagues.

I just couldn't put up with a league as absolutely cooked as the AFL.

And the good ex players want to go. Rutten, VB, Bassett, Otten now.... They've up and left to further their careers.
Realistically, y'all would have bitched and moaned if they'd stayed.

Last edited:
Herald Sun reporting:

"But despite a Channel 7 report the Herald Sun can confirm the league will issue a severe fine in a penalty that does not include taking Adelaide draft picks."

Apologies, I don’t mean to intrude haha, but I was meaning to say, the Kelly appointment looks like a really good one 👍 Listening to his interviews etc, comes across as very impressive. Keep the faith. More changes are required yes... but things have started to happen, compared to a year ago, well.

And if the VFL tries their crap here, I mean honestly, losing draft picks over a minor indiscretion in a situation/climate that no one has experienced before... it beggars belief. And I think the AFC will have a lot of support in fighting such a ludicrous penalty.
Send us Vozzo

Goodwin, VB.

Rome is burning and meanwhile Nigel is leering around social media with young girls.

I mean we’re a basket case aren’t we?
Could literally finish last this year. No kidding. Imagine getting picks 1, 2 (Brad Crouch Compo), ~Pick 15 (GWS first rounder) ,Pick 19, ~Pick 28 (Dogs second rounder) into the club. Could also trade into this years draft with 2021 first rounder (before AFL take that away). Pick 19, 28 and later picks enough to get Luke Edwards, James Borlase and Tariek Newchurch in, all touted as being pick 15-45 type players Adelaide has rights to.

If that happens we will see serious change at the top. Or maybe we wont, who am I kidding.

Herald Sun reporting:

"But despite a Channel 7 report the Herald Sun can confirm the league will issue a severe fine in a penalty that does not include taking Adelaide draft picks."

that’s Adelaide and AFL major partner channel 7. With friends like these ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back