Potential training breach?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the problem, the AFL want to be seen as community leader in this COVID-19 pandemic (I'm not sure why as they are just a sporting organisation) so they've said if the next club that also make a mistake like our's will face "de-registration".....I think the AFL have gotten a head of themself here.

Imagine if it's one of the big 4 the AFL threaten that with - we could end up with a rebel competition funded by Eddie!

I'm certain if it's one of the big 4 clubs in the Victoria that's makes the same mistake, the AFL will change their tone as there is no way they will de-register them.

Can we get bikies to force St Kilda and North Melbourne to train so they can be deregistered for the good of the competition?

Eddie and co would be on the front foot getting as much exposure as possible
Just do your job and provide us with sporting entertainment, all this talk of wanting to be community leader s**t and setting an example and players are role model are what gives me the s**t, you are in the entertainment industry, do it and focus on that.....setting an example, give me a break.

I really hope you are right

I must have missed the rumour as that is the first I've heard of it and if it's true holy feck what a joke
The rumour didn't specify Sapwell. Just that it happened during an interview and the candidate withdrew. Posted by DJ75 I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the problem, the AFL want to be seen as community leader in this COVID-19 pandemic (I'm not sure why as they are just a sporting organisation) so they've said if the next club that also make a mistake like our's will face "de-registration".....I think the AFL have gotten a head of themself here.

Ludicrous! (not your post, just the AFL). If the AFL were a community COVID leader, then they would not be trying to restart the competition. Let's face it, were the competition to restart, the 1.5m rule would be broken continuously. Then Maclure would get on his high horse and call it disgraceful, and the VFL would have to deregister itself. ;)

The conflation of the two aspects is the problem. SAPOL have not penalised the club, and training outside is allowed. The only relevant thing for the AFL is if their "fairness" rule has been broken. Let's face it, this by itself is a matter of no consequence or importance to the wider community. Deregistration for this would spark an immediate court case.

Ludicrous! (not your post, just the AFL). If the AFL were a community COVID leader, then they would not be trying to restart the competition. Let's face it, were the competition to restart, the 1.5m rule would be broken continuously. Then Maclure would get on his high horse and call it disgraceful, and the VFL would have to deregister itself. ;)

The conflation of the two aspects is the problem. SAPOL have not penalised the club, and training outside is allowed. The only relevant thing for the AFL is if their "fairness" rule has been broken. Let's face it, this by itself is a matter of no consequence or importance to the wider community. Deregistration for this would spark an immediate court case.
The AFL should have just banned those 8 players from a session of contact training when the entire competition are allow to trained so these other players can catch up for any suppose "advantage" they got for a session of contact training and initially set this as the penalty for all club breaking the rule instead of all these publicity s**t they are trying to make themself as community leader with break the rule during COVID-19 and we came down on you hard.

You could be onto something here I think. The AFL often tests the waters by releasing information through journalists to see what the reaction is before making it official.
They might have heard feedback from the Crows that members have threatened to ask for membership money back and thought twice. If so, I am glad I sent my email to the club.
I’m pretty sure the AFL feed Tom Browne misinformation all the time.

Two reputations have been affected by this ‘ Barossa breach’ saga ....
Firstly, the Adelaide Football Club. Managed to clumsily embroil itself in a controversy that wasn’t pre meditated, but the result of poor management and sloppy protocol. An all too familiar theme
Secondly, the Victorian media. Chasing the sensualist headline, the facts and common sense surrounding this story were swept away, replaced by an unprofessional whitchhunt aimed at shaming an interstate club. From premiership deductions to, unbelievably, draft pick sanctions, the voices from across the border have been laced by bias.
Imagine if this involved Richmond or Collingwood. Get the feeling the commentary would’ve been very different

Remove this Banner Ad

Back