Power put top picks on the table

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't agree more except that I don't think Melbourne will trade picks 1,17 or 19 for anyone. Pick 35 is the only one they might trade. I think Melbourne will use the trade period to try and get more picks under 30. Forwards and Midfielders will be the target.

So... you actually dont agree with him at all?

i really hope we dont get rid of those picks!!!!!!! kerr is good but i would prefer the kids. kerr= 4 or 5 years of service, picks 4 and 22= 2 players to play 200+ games in our top 22. i know people say draft kids have no guarantees but i would back our recruiters to get some good kids in this drafts top 30!!!!

In all honesty, what has Melbourne got that Port would swap for pick 4? And remember, packaging up multiple amounts of shit does not make a trade viable. So no Miller+Dud Ruckmen+Bloke we are delisting anyway offers.

I realise that, thats why i offered up Sylvia who was taken at pick 3 back in 2003 and has just started to hit his straps after battling with OP and also Bruce who won our B & F last night for christ sake. If i wanted to give you a shite deal i would have said Mark Jamar and Nate Carrol plus our pick 68.
This years top ten picks are worth there weight in gold and as such require decent players to be put up for trade. Id even throw up Jared Rivers who hails from SA and is a gun but has the injury question mark over his head. Still young and could be a good get for Port. But like i alluded to, Choco aint gonna give up pick 4 for just anything and rightly so. I think he and Bailey respect each other though so a deal wouldnt be made unless it benefited both parties.

Firstly we don't need another midfielder, so Kerr is out of the question.

Didak is definitely worth a looking, but then someone has to go from the current forward line. But I like working on this one.:thumbsu:

Not sure on Koschitzke.

What would 4,22 and Thomson be worth surely most players.

Brock Mclean is the only player I'd look at. but we all know that won't happen

I reckon we've got a few players you'd give pick 4 up for, but I also reckon there's no way we're going to trade them, so lets just leave that one aside shall we?

Here's an idea though - how about Shannon Byrnes and pick 33 in return for pick 22?

You get a 24yo premiership midfielder/goalsneak with loads of pace, and still keep a pick in the second round, albeit a later one.

We get a pick upgrade for a guy who was good enough to get a spot in our 2007 premiership side, but who probably ain't going to crack our midfield consistently and might benefit from an opportunity elsewhere.

I reckon we've got a few players you'd give pick 4 up for, but I also reckon there's no way we're going to trade them, so lets just leave that one aside shall we?

Here's an idea though - how about Shannon Byrnes and pick 33 in return for pick 22?

You get a 24yo premiership midfielder/goalsneak with loads of pace, and still keep a pick in the second round, albeit a later one.

We get a pick upgrade for a guy who was good enough to get a spot in our 2007 premiership side, but who probably ain't going to crack our midfield consistently and might benefit from an opportunity elsewhere.

Chuck in prismall and you have a deal, im happy to wait until 2010 for him to play :)

Firstly we don't need another midfielder, so Kerr is out of the question.

Didak is definitely worth a looking, but then someone has to go from the current forward line. But I like working on this one.:thumbsu:

Not sure on Koschitzke.

What would 4,22 and Thomson be worth surely most players.

Brock Mclean is the only player I'd look at. but we all know that won't happen
lol
the old docker's recruiting strategy (re. McLeod)

You don't turn down one of the top few mids in the comp because you've already got plenty of midfielders.

the story isn't the Choco will listen to offers for 4 & 22; any sensible person would.

the real question is why more people don't do that? why on gods earth would you ever say never to a potential exchange if you can get the value you want?

sure, if you don't like the offer don't take it. but hell, if you get the right price only a moron would say no. and yet, we have plenty of morons saying no, never, no way...

lol
the old docker's recruiting strategy (re. McLeod)

You don't turn down one of the top few mids in the comp because you've already got plenty of midfielders.

haha i dont think burning the shockers for their recruiting will ever get old:p

That young Jesse kid should be head of recruiting. He may know more than those hacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the story isn't the Choco will listen to offers for 4 & 22; any sensible person would.

the real question is why more people don't do that? why on gods earth would you ever say never to a potential exchange if you can get the value you want?

sure, if you don't like the offer don't take it. but hell, if you get the right price only a moron would say no. and yet, we have plenty of morons saying no, never, no way...

I guess its a good way of knowing what clubs are prepared to trade for the draft picks. Brisbane for example had J Brown not have signed, could have realized the potential for the number 4 pick to the team, and thus sorted out a huge trade.

Surely Williams is just giving the tree a good shake to see what falls out? Can't see Port parting with pick 4 unless they get an extraordinary offer, but no doubt a few other bits and pieces might become available if a few clubs get excited by the prospect.

Williams is pretty much just saying he's open to offers. Its really nothing in it. I reckon any club bold enough to trade their early picks might be able to really make some big gains. Clubs at the bottom might see their opportunity to contend as being years away and with the future drafts either reduced or gifted to the new teams they're hungry to load up on the young talent of this one. So any club willing to take some players with a few miles on the clock could really bolster their list. Yeah player X is worth a first rounder in the past, but for this year he's worth a second rounder, so if you're there abouts why not shop your picks about and see what you can get away with. If I was a Power fan I'd be happy with what he's doing as he isn't committing to offloading the picks just putting everyone on notice that he's open to offers whereas the other clubs at the bottom are clinging to theirs.

I agree, it's baffling.

This year obviously won't look good on his resume, but from the outside in Choco seems to me to be one of the smartest men in football.

Would love him at Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Power put top picks on the table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back