Remove this Banner Ad

pepalenko

rolling with my cronies
May 4, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, SanFransisco 49s, Yankees
Maybe we can use this thread for any posts relating to training, practice games, NAB cup etc.
My main question to you all is about how we are likely to approach pre season games. Last year may have been an omen to the season that ensued given our early performances. Personally I don't really care how many games we win but I definitely would like to see signs that we have a recognizable game plan, players being played in potential roles etc.
How do you think MM will approach these games?
I'd like to see more senior/injury prone players put in cotton wool and further development put into the likes of Mitchell, Bell, Dale, O'Keefe and Cas.
Also will be a chance for a few guys to show they are ready to be elevated to the leadership group (wouldn't mind Brock there).
Thoughts?

Russell is out of the leadership group so I'd probably have Laidler in there for him.

Look forward to Paddy Mac, Lucas, Bootsma, Dale and Buckley bulking up.

Tom Bell to actually have a preseason (scary to think how little preparation he had for such a great year).

Mitchell to find some zip and endurance.

Listening to SEN last night, and one of the All Night Appetite hosts said he rode his bike past visy park yesterday and saw Carlton players having a kick - said he thought it was a good sight considering they're still on holidays.

This indicates to me that the boys are pumped for this year and ready to make up for this year.

I'm excited! (just sign Bell, Laidler and McLean already!!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to SEN last night, and one of the All Night Appetite hosts said he rode his bike past visy park yesterday and saw Carlton players having a kick - said he thought it was a good sight considering they're still on holidays.

This indicates to me that the boys are pumped for this year and ready to make up for this year.

I'm excited! (just sign Bell, Laidler and McLean already!!)

Sure they were senior players? Most of them would have been out of the country...

pretty sure they were, he said they were well-known players - but didnt want to say who for 'players privacy' (which i dont really understand)

Youngsters return for pre-season
Visy Park was buzzing today as players in their second to fourth year returned to the Club for day one of pre-season training.

In humid conditions, Carlton’s Elite Performance Unit put a group of thirteen players through their paces.

After seven weeks of annual leave, the players performed a series of fitness, speed and strength testing.
Youngsters return for pre-season

befe9ab6231c11e29fe522000a1f97ce_7.jpg

5a3e88c6231111e2b09522000a1f9363_7.jpg

0581902e230e11e2bb0f22000a1fbc94_7.jpg

4a222886230611e2b82c22000a1fbca3_7.jpg

Is it just me or is Mitchell looking a fair bit taller now?

Also I reckon that Watson is going to have a bit of a breakout this year... he is really starting to look properly AFL ready now.

"Hey Dylan, we'd like you to pair up with Ed for the running drills"
"Huh???? ****!"

Nice to hear Curnow single the squid out for returning in good nick :thumbsu:

Wouldn't be the worst thing for Dylan to be paired up with Ed either.
Ed doesn't care to talk too much and it's all business when he gets into his 200/400mt. multiples.

Sqiud has a lot of pressure on him now, so it will be interesting as to how he responds.

Nothing to back it up but I just have a good feeling about Dale.
Looking forward to seeing how he gets into this coming pre-season.

pretty sure they were, he said they were well-known players - but didnt want to say who for 'players privacy' (which i dont really understand)
According to the facebook page, it's the 2nd to 4th year players who are back in training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre season 2013 - Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back