Training Pre-Season 2023 (First game 18/3 v North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's tricky.

With Oscar, JD and say Williams it's already getting to the stage where one of them has to take over that role

I like Waterman also, but his role also crowds that a little.

It's why I'm weirdly excited about Jamieson as a potential chopout key back while he's 2nd rucking. Would like us to get a little innovative in that area to best suit our side.
Think Jamo as a forward makes sense. He competes unlike Baz does but his lack of size has held him back. If he has put on some size and is more competitive physically he will be nice ploy up forward. he'll crash packs bring the ball to the ground and will take a tall defender that should allow Allen or Jd a miss match

Think Jamo as a forward makes sense. He competes unlike Baz does but his lack of size has held him back. If he has put on some size and is more competitive physically he will be nice ploy up forward. he'll crash packs bring the ball to the ground and will take a tall defender that should allow Allen or Jd a miss match
Bailey Williams competes, he had two games last year over 100 fantasy as a 22 yo ruck.

How do you propose he did that without competing?

There doesn't seem to be much coming out of the club about Burqiel. Any of you track watchers have anything to say about him? Noah Long is getting lots of plaudits, more than Burqiel, which is somewhat surprising. Is it that Burqiel is not putting in on the track, or what?

You know where struggling when they say Tom Cole will be one of our emerging youngsters alongside chesser next season

Completely agree. He is also 26 in a couple of months, hardly young player.

Every time someone talks about young players and builds excitement but then mention Cole, it brings on depression and reminder just how screwed we are.

Feels like we're heading into a year where, for the first time in what feels like forever, there's going to be some genuine competition at the selection table for spots.

A way to go, but very exciting.
Ease up now big fella. It's January. Let's see how many fit players are left after the praccy matches.

Yeah it's tricky.

With Oscar, JD and say Williams it's already getting to the stage where one of them has to take over that role

I like Waterman also, but his role also crowds that a little.

It's why I'm weirdly excited about Jamieson as a potential chopout key back while he's 2nd rucking. Would like us to get a little innovative in that area to best suit our side.

It's been pretty quiet on the Barnett front also (not a surprise for a young ruck who I think came in carrying a minor injury he is recovering from) - but his style might also be beneficial to Ryan etc.

Barnett is a very good contested mark - which is a slightly different look to both Williams and Jamieson. 2023 almost certainly too early, but I think he will become a very good player for us in time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was more about fan engagement than training. Not sure what time they started as I arrived late but they were effectively done by 10.15.

Short session with no competitive work and just ball movement stuff. A bit like performing seals

• Barrass, Barnett and Duggan were running on the outside oval and nothing else
• Cole, Chesser and Bazzo came out to sign autographs but I didn’t see them train
• Dewar was on the oval but only as an observer
• Everyone else trained including Waterman who I hadn’t seen do anything other than running pre Christmas. He also had no strapping in his knee. He’s a deceptively big unit
• Saw Winder up relatively close and he’s in very good physical condition. Upper body is looking pretty powerful
• Yeo is moving well
• Jamieson is moving as well as he be seen him. Looked a little Luke Jackson like a couple of times in the way he moved
• Oscar Allen is in great shape and looks every bit a KPF

As a training session there wasn’t much to take from it but as a day connecting with fans it was a great success. Plenty of happy kids filing out excited about who they got autographs or selfies with

Well done by the club

Oh and to the dumbarse that took her kids onto the outer oval so they could get an autograph from Duggan whilst he was in the middle of doing run throughs. Do better

He was good enough to sign for them as they were all little bit there was ample opportunity later to get autographs without interrupting a player mid session

Stupid pelican

Last edited:
Today was more about fan engagement than training. Not sure what time they started as I arrived late but they were effectively done by 10.15.

Short session with no competitive work and just ball movement stuff. A bit like performing seals

• Barrass, Barnett and Duggan were running on the outside oval and nothing else
• Cole, Chesser and Bazzo came out to sign autographs but I didn’t see them train
• Dewar was on the oval but only as an observer
• Everyone else trained including Waterman who I hadn’t seen do anything other than running pre Christmas. He also had no strapping in his knee. He’s a deceptively big unit
• Saw Winder up relatively close and he’s in very good physical condition. Upper body is looking pretty powerful
• Yeo is moving well
• Jamieson is moving as well as he be seen him. Looked a little Luke Jackson like a couple of times in the way he moved
• Oscar Allen is in great shape and looks every bit a KPF

As a training session there wasn’t much to take from it but as a day connecting with fans it was a great success. Plenty of happy kids filing out excited about who they got autographs or selfies with

Well done by the club
I wish you's landed Jackson, would have put you in finals contentions nice and early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back