Pre Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really cares now that we passed on pick 68 in the Nab draft or whatever, thats in the past now, and it resulted in us getting pick 8 added with pick 5 to our PSD selections.

I don't know what you guys are worried about.

Now we should really be talking about is who we will be actually taking in the P-S draft, I mean the likes of taking Jason Cloke or Guy Richards in the PSD, to be honest right now I don't really care about those random TAC players that people talk about who didn't get much of a chance in the cup and could be a great pickup, right now I just want to know if theres any come backs to the game like Cupido or Shane Harvey or whatever. (Just picking out random names, not saying there is a chance of them coming back at all).

You cant draft a ruckman and expect many of them to be capable of playing next year anyway unless mature age.
Bellchambers fitness base is horrible and has been overrated by most on BF.
The undrafted ruckman who are most ready to play are Stefan Martin, John Shaw or Will Sullivan in terms of fitness, vertical leap and strength.
I have heard a bit about Wes Lammie but I have never seen him play.
If anyone has can they give a review of him.

Ok. Thanks, I haven't seen him play and I thought he was actually good, the way people rate him.:thumbsu:
I guess we should take one of them.

y didnt we pick up arrowsmith or bellchambers with pick 68?

Mainly becuase both will be availiable at our PSD pick and it allows the club to let them train with the team and to get some more info on both players!

Dons' draft double

ESSENDON will continue its list rejuvenation under new coach Matthew Knights with two picks in Tuesday's pre-season draft.

The AFL yesterday approved the participation of seven clubs in the draft after scrutinising next season's player payment figures for every side.
In keeping with the recent lack of interest in pre-season drafts, there will be eight selections at most.
While up to four clubs could punt on recycled players, Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne are expected to take young delistees, with the Western Bulldogs certain to pick Adelaide's Scott Welsh.
West Coast has a selection after it had to postpone its last national draft pick because it had retained Ben Cousins for legal reasons.
Melbourne remains tight-lipped on its plans for delisted West Coast Eagle Ashley Sampi, but it is understood he has been training frantically to lose weight and impress the Demons.
Carlton have given former first-round draft pick Ryley Dunn a tour around the club and rivals believe it will take him with its second selection.
Richmond has had five ruckman training at the club at various times - including ex-Magpies David Fanning and Guy Richards - but is more likely to pick up a tall on its rookie list.
Richmond football director Greg Miller said yesterday the club would make its decision early next week.
"We have had 15 or 16 players training with us, more than anyone else," he said. "Our policy is to expose them before the match committee, and we are really pleased with the standard."

"Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne are expected to take young delistees, with the Western Bulldogs certain to pick Adelaide's Scott Welsh."
Surely all of those 4 clubs wouldn't overlook Gourdis, all four of them are in need of talented forwards so i really can't see him slipping our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your point?

They all played in a Premiership side.

Along with the likes of Ablett, Matthews, Crouch, Bevan....

Give up Longy , Kelvin can't grasp the concept of being able to play finals for 5 or so years (including to GF's) with a midfield that doesn't contain super stars.

Does anyone have a word on who we will be taking?

If they did would you beive it anyway ?
During the national draft you get an idea from how many times a club will interview or watch a certain player (eg Grant going to the Bulldogs first round). It is a bit hit and miss as clubs talk to a lot of players but you can make a reasonable guess from it.
When it comes to the PSD and Rookie draft it is harder becasue clubs are openly looking at and talking to a lot of players.

Give up Longy , Kelvin can't grasp the concept of being able to play finals for 5 or so years (including to GF's) with a midfield that doesn't contain super stars.

Goodes = Superstar.

Kirk = better than good average and not given enough credit.

Sydney is an experienced team that had an amazing run with injuries that got them to where they are.

I don't want to model our game on Sydney's. I don't think the fans would want that and I don't think it's football that will win you flags unless you have something miraculous happen... like their injury run.

A pretty reliable source has told me that Richmond are seriously considering Jarrod Silvester with fist pick of the PSD. If that eventuates- no guarantee!
Likely order looks to be:
Richmond- Silvester
Carlton- Dunn
Melbourne- Sampi
Bulldogs- Welsh
Essendon-????
Bellchambers would be my guess though Collard may be an option. We are in a position where we are waiting to see what other clubs will do.

A pretty reliable source has told me that Richmond are seriously considering Jarrod Silvester with fist pick of the PSD. If that eventuates- no guarantee!
Richmond- Silvester
Carlton- Dunn
Melbourne- Sampi
Bulldogs- Welsh
Essendon-????
Bellchambers would be my guess though Collard may be an option. We are in a position where we are waiting to see what other clubs will do.
There is no doubt we are going for youngsters with both of our picks. Noone will know who we pickup until tommorow. Ive still got a feeling we'll take Arrowsmith and Bellchambers

Richmond- Silvester
Carlton- Dunn
Melbourne- Sampi
Bulldogs- Welsh
Essendon-????

If that happens, and imo it won't as Richmond will take Gourdis, but if it does we should swoop on Gourdis and take him as he is the best availaible at that pick. However. I would like this:

Richmond- Gourdis
Carlton- Dunn
Melbourne- Sampi
Bulldogs- Welsh
Essendon- Collard- pick 5 (would also consider Pffeifer at that pick)
Essendon- Bellchambers- pick 8

If they did would you beive it anyway ?
During the national draft you get an idea from how many times a club will interview or watch a certain player (eg Grant going to the Bulldogs first round). It is a bit hit and miss as clubs talk to a lot of players but you can make a reasonable guess from it.
When it comes to the PSD and Rookie draft it is harder becasue clubs are openly looking at and talking to a lot of players.
exactly, also some guys in previous years have been picked up by an afl club that they didn't even speak to before hand, so it really is a lottery when predicting what will happen

There is no doubt we are going for youngsters with both of our picks. Noone will know who we pickup until tommorow. Ive still got a feeling we'll take Arrowsmith and Bellchambers
that wouldn't be a bad result, but if collard was still available by pick 5 could we perhaps take one of these two boys in the rookie draft

If that happens, and imo it won't as Richmond will take Gourdis, but if it does we should swoop on Gourdis and take him as he is the best availaible at that pick. However. I would like this:

Richmond- Gourdis
Carlton- Dunn
Melbourne- Sampi
Bulldogs- Welsh
Essendon- Collard- pick 5 (would also consider Pffeifer at that pick)
Essendon- Bellchambers- pick 8
JACKPOT!!!

than hopefully we could pick up arrowsmith in the rookie draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back