Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok guys.....i was invited down to the club today by Dave Stevenson to have lunch with him and a chat. What a absolute ripper bloke.

Speaking to some of the boys the session this morning was brutal and they reckon they ran 14-15 clicks.

Had a real good chat with libba and bevo. Libba is in amazing shape and told me he should play 2nd week nab 2.

Is he a quiet guy naturally? I have been a bit disappointed that we have heard so little of him. Maybe he is waiting for some meaty subject to go public, maybe he is a doer not a talker, maybe he figures Peter Gordon should be the voice of the club and leaves the spotlight to him. I don't know but i would like him to have a higher profile and get our club out there.

I doubt he would say anything reguardless if something like a sponsorship was brewing. Usually not allowed to say anything until its annoucement time. The best you could get is something generic like ee are exploring any options that present themselves.

Are CEOs really even meant to be the voice of the club? I mean I couldnt tell you the name of one clubs CEO in the league, seems like its more the presidents job to do that sort of stuff, and we have a brilliant prez!

Are CEOs really even meant to be the voice of the club? I mean I couldnt tell you the name of one clubs CEO in the league, seems like its more the presidents job to do that sort of stuff, and we have a brilliant prez!

yeah you may be right. I would like to know things like whats the plan to get the debt down, is it a major focus, is selling home games still a need, are there plans for other sources of revenue? All stuff that is in the CEO's area. Who delivers the message to members out of the CEO and president is less important as long as we are told and have confidence in the direction.

yeah you may be right. I would like to know things like whats the plan to get the debt down, is it a major focus, is selling home games still a need, are there plans for other sources of revenue? All stuff that is in the CEO's area. Who delivers the message to members out of the CEO and president is less important as long as we are told and have confidence in the direction.
Yeah definitely agree with that. Will be interesting to watch it unfold but I'm sure we have major ideas in the works. If we have another similar feel good year who wouldnt want to get behind us. With this 'Western Victoria' base were building theres a huge audience there and surely theres a company from that area that would love to be alligned with us. Maybe we know that were only going to improve from here and are holding out on signing with a new major sponsor (like has been mentioned we have Misson on both the front and back) so we can get something better.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you discuss? It's not every day someone on this board chats with the new CEO and this time of year we salivate over anything interesting!
No problems mate.

For the first part of the lunch we just spoke about our families as we have children the same age. We then moved onto NBA and EPL then discussed Ballarat and how the boys are going. Bevo then joined us at the table and it was amazing to sit down and chew the fat with them. There are a few things i wouldnt feel comfortable repeating on here just out of respect to them. We were then joined by a few players passing through at different times but managed a real good chat with Easton Wood, Libba, Bont, both Toms (boyd and campbell) who all came over to introduce themselves to me.

Was a amazing experience

No problems mate.

For the first part of the lunch we just spoke about our families as we have children the same age. We then moved onto NBA and EPL then discussed Ballarat and how the boys are going. Bevo then joined us at the table and it was amazing to sit down and chew the fat with them. There are a few things i wouldnt feel comfortable repeating on here just out of respect to them. We were then joined by a few players passing through at different times but managed a real good chat with Easton Wood, Libba, Bont, both Toms (boyd and campbell) who all came over to introduce themselves to me.

Was a amazing experience
Thanks for that, sounds like they have big plans for Ballarat. I like this as it is a football area and a great opportunity for our club to build memberships in an alternate location. Adding to that our academy partnership with the TAC cup team and local government and of course Ballarat being a part of our zone it's a good opportunity. It seems like with Bevo and Stevenson we are building a great working environment for all those at the club as they both seem like genuinely good characters and great people.

No problems mate.

Was a amazing experience
I want to be you

Is he a quiet guy naturally? I have been a bit disappointed that we have heard so little of him. Maybe he is waiting for some meaty subject to go public, maybe he is a doer not a talker, maybe he figures Peter Gordon should be the voice of the club and leaves the spotlight to him. I don't know but i would like him to have a higher profile and get our club out there.
not quiet at all. I would describe him as a really great guy. To be fair this is his first full season as he didnt really start last year untill August and would have used the back end of last year as a relationship building and just getting a feel of the place. Also i never heard much from the hawks ceo only jeff kennet haha

I want to be you
The most impressive part of this was Bev remembered me from a function last year...i also thought he was gonna break my hand when we shook :)

Thanks for that, sounds like they have big plans for Ballarat. I like this as it is a football area and a great opportunity for our club to build memberships in an alternate location. Adding to that our academy partnership with the TAC cup team and local government and of course Ballarat being a part of our zone it's a good opportunity. It seems like with Bevo and Stevenson we are building a great working environment for all those at the club as they both seem like genuinely good characters and great people.
Yep agree...both are fantastic guys!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok guys.....i was invited down to the club today by Dave Stevenson to have lunch with him and a chat. What a absolute ripper bloke.

Speaking to some of the boys the session this morning was brutal and they reckon they ran 14-15 clicks.

Had a real good chat with libba and bevo. Libba is in amazing shape and told me he should play 2nd week nab 2.
You're making me get feelings.

Can I just say well done to the club & us supporters for flying under the radar this pre-season. I've heard pretty much every other Melbourne club talk up their chances but we are very much steady as she goes. Professional. Quietly confident. I don't mind the secrecy around training as it helps our low profile.

Ready to explode in March/April when it really matters unlike other teams who are January/February champions :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back