Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the correct answer "it was a closed session,I'd rather not say"?

Because the titbit of information that I shared from observing <2 minutes of training is going to jeopardise our season?

Wasn't sure where to put this but the women's games fixtures have been sent to players.
One before the NAB game at Cragieburn against the Dees, one before the Eagles game against WA, and one the weekend between the end of home and away & finals again against the Dees (presuming the AFL will pump this up).

Mods move this to whatever thread you deem is appropriate.

It was a joke but there does seem to be a lot of paranoia regarding our training. Did the gentleman who confronted you do so in a polite or paranoid type of manner?

Nah, he was as you would expect from a club official very polite and indeed was almost apologetic as he explained that they'd had a few less reputable people than my good self having a bit of a look from the same spot in recent times. In fact I suspect that he was so used to and over, doing it that he let a massive sigh when I jokingly told him that I'm standing on public property to which his reply was a weary "oh you're going with that are you?" I was still laughing my arse off as I made my way back to the car shortly thereafter. As he returned to his actual duties his reaction was probably somewhat different!

Last edited:
Who is getting first crack in the ruck? Which of the rucks is most likely to stand up this season?

Nah, he was as you would expect from a club official he was very polite and indeed was almost apologetic as he explained that they'd had a few less reputable people than my good self having a bit of a look from the same spot in recent times. In fact I suspect that he was so used to and over, doing it that he let a massive sigh when I jokingly told him that I'm standing on public property to which his reply was a weary "oh you're going with that are you?" I was still laughing my arse off as I made my way back to the car shortly thereafter. As he returned to his actual duties his reaction was probably somewhat different!

Nah, he was as you would expect from a club official he was very polite and indeed was almost apologetic as he explained that they'd had a few less reputable people than my good self having a bit of a look from the same spot in recent times. In fact I suspect that he was so used to and over, doing it that he let a massive sigh when I jokingly told him that I'm standing on public property to which his reply was a weary "oh you're going with that are you?" I was still laughing my arse off as I made my way back to the car shortly thereafter. As he returned to his actual duties his reaction was probably somewhat different!
Well I'm glad he was polite but I'm concerned the club is lacking some consistency at the moment. While I think it's ok for them to say no to people watching training people should also have the right to say no about whether they would like cheese on their egg and bacon rolls purchased from the club. If you have no objections Norm I feel I should email the club over my concerns and considering Clevland got to have lunch with the CEO due to his concerns, I feel I may request the same.

I'm catching up with a couple of guys in the footy dept tomorrow. Any specific questions (within reason) anyone has?
Can you ask what we are doing with the money that we theoretically would have been spending on Carlisle,
and whether we are likely to chase any large fish at the end of the year? Much obliged.

Well I'm glad he was polite but I'm concerned the club is lacking some consistency at the moment. While I think it's ok for them to say no to people watching training people should also have the right to say no about whether they would like cheese on their egg and bacon rolls purchased from the club. If you have no objections Norm I feel I should email the club over my concerns and considering Clevland got to have lunch with the CEO due to his concerns, I feel I may request the same.

What do you think all of my moaning has been about? I'm desperately trying to get the Clevelandeque golden ticket and gain access to the inner sanctum, so that I can espouse my revolutionary theories on how the club can be transformed into a true powerhouse of the game.

Alas. It doesn't appear to be working.

What do you think all of my moaning has been about? I'm desperately trying to get the Clevelandeque golden ticket and gain access to the inner sanctum, so that I can espouse my revolutionary theories on how the club can be transformed into a true powerhouse of the game.

Alas. It doesn't appear to be working.
Lol, I think your supposed to e-mail.

Can you ask what we are doing with the money that we theoretically would have been spending on Carlisle,
and whether we are likely to chase any large fish at the end of the year? Much obliged.
Steele Sidebottom from Collingwood,that's an ok size fish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm catching up with a couple of guys in the footy dept tomorrow. Any specific questions (within reason) anyone has?
Hows Toyd going? Will Bonts interupted preseason affect his year? Who is killing preseason? How is libba going?

Thay are my main ones

Would love to know Dahls role this year. As much as I love him in the middle because hes really one of our only inside mids with genuine pace so he adds a POD and his defensive work is elite but with our midfield getting more and more stacked we might be better off with him spending more time down forward. If he spends even just 50% of the time down there I've got no doubts that he will kick 35+ goals. The thought of him at the feet of an improving Boyd is veryyyy exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back