Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you said be realistic?

Basically the #1 Pick, #2 Pick, #3 Pick?

ROFL your out of your mind.

Judd isnt that good.

Even Carey or ablett in their prime wouldnt have demanded that.

Weagles might not have a choice, have absolutely no $$$ in the cap, and Kerr, Judd, Cox, Empley, Lynch, Hunter then second tier players like Staker, Rosa, Hurn, Waters etc etc are going to expect pay increases.

WC's dynasty is up shit creek, its going to be the bombers of 2000 all over again.

Bookmark me, the Weagles will loose 3-5 major players in the next 1-3 years because of salary cap restrictions.

Loyalty only goes so far, as much as Weagles fans love to deny it, its a career for these players, and a short career at that, these players have to make enough money for the rest of their lives!

You have no idea what your talking about. Believe it or not money isn't everything to AFL players. Look at the Brisbane side when they won the 3 flags.

Why would Judd want to go to the Roos for 1 million dollars when the club might not be around in 2 years time. Don't you think he would rather stay in Perth for 800 grand and player finals footy and more Grand Finals.

Same goes for Cox, Kerr and Glass. They could go to any club they want and name there price, but these guys are smart enough to know they that Eagles have a chance of winning 2-3 flags in the next 5 years. Whats the point in going to another club for an extra 200 grand but finishing 3rd last and not playing finals.

ahh to get the extra 200 grand. i woulda thought that was obvious. but i get what your saying champion players really have to decide whether they would rather a bit extra money that they dont need or continue playing in a great side. Every player has their own, different opinion and there have been players in the past that have gone each way.
i'd say most if not all of west coast will stay though, they seem to have a very tight bond together as a club.

You have no idea what your talking about. Believe it or not money isn't everything to AFL players. Look at the Brisbane side when they won the 3 flags.

Why would Judd want to go to the Roos for 1 million dollars when the club might not be around in 2 years time. Don't you think he would rather stay in Perth for 800 grand and player finals footy and more Grand Finals.

Same goes for Cox, Kerr and Glass. They could go to any club they want and name there price, but these guys are smart enough to know they that Eagles have a chance of winning 2-3 flags in the next 5 years. Whats the point in going to another club for an extra 200 grand but finishing 3rd last and not playing finals.

Meesen would probably be the obvious one for Geelong. However we do have 2 young ruckman in Blake and Trent West who are developing nicely, so we don't have a huge need for him and hence don't have to overpay.

I'd keep Varcoe unless he was homesick and forced our hand.

If Adelaide aren't interested in Byrnes + pick, maybe Kane Tenace then? Adelaide supporters say Meesen was an early pick, but so was Tenace in the draft before (or it might have been 2 drafts), so by that logic they'd have pretty similar value.

Tenace is worth more than Meesen. Meesen may have been drafted at #8 but he hasn't even played a single game and we've just been told he's behind at least four other ruckmen at the club. Tenace was drafted at #7, has played more than 40 games in three years and when fit and in form is in the Cats' best 22.

I don't understand why they wouldn't want Byrnes if they need a speedy midfielder. That's exactly what he is, and a bloody hard-working and committed one at that.

i dont see why both trades are no chance, ok perhaps not doughty but a player of equal or better value.

and meesen for mcmahon suits both teams, dogs need more talls crows need more pace.
meesen from vic, mcmahon from sa

so very much a chance

Haha. No, that is absolutely no chance.

McMahon is so much better than Meesen and a crucial part of our side.

1) Ryan Murphy + 3rd Round pick for Ray Bulldogs + 4 pick
2) Campbell + 1st Round pick pick for Ray Bulldogs + 3rd pick
3) 2nd Round pick Freo for Matthew Moody Lions
4) 2nd Round pick and 3rd Round picks for Richard Hardley Lions

Neither of the first two. Campbell is a nothing player and Murphy will never be good enough to hold a number one or two forward post.

I wouldn't trade a pick and Campbell for Ray. Just calling it as I see it.

Murphy has had a lot of chances, not done enough with them.

I'd love Sydney to get Dal Santo somehow, but i'm not sure how lol. Atleast our top pick, plus two established players. We desperately need an attacking midfielder!

id like to see travis boak come back to geelong from port adelaide ( he was crying wen he found out he was going ther as a geelong boy who lost his dad ) straight swap for a 1st round pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather trade for Meesen than Johnson.

Cant have too many quality young ruckmen on our list.

List defecits currently:

1 x Ruckman
2 x Speedy Outside Midfielders
1 x Tall Defender
1 x Small Forward Pocket Crumber

Meesen and a 3rd rounder for Roughead?
or
Meesen for Sewell

I just love threads like this the unabashed optimism of some people in this thread is exactly what I would expect. Allow me to decode some of the suggested trades.

1. matt little + a second round pick for steve johnson

Untried young player who probably not make it in the AFL and 20 something pick for a very talented but erratic gamebreaker.

Mark Williams at the Eagles. In exchange, perhaps Fletcher, Wooden and a draft pick

Proven goal kicker for slow midfielder (which is exactly what we do not need at Hawthorn), old hack and unnumbered pick.

Very optimistic both of them.

I just love threads like this the unabashed optimism of some people in this thread is exactly what I would expect. Allow me to decode some of the suggested trades.

1. matt little + a second round pick for steve johnson

Untried young player who probably not make it in the AFL and 20 something pick for a very talented but erratic gamebreaker.

Mark Williams at the Eagles. In exchange, perhaps Fletcher, Wooden and a draft pick

Proven goal kicker for slow midfielder (which is exactly what we do not need at Hawthorn), old hack and unnumbered pick.

Very optimistic both of them.

that one has been changed; hansen, seaby, rosa and graham have been thrown in the mix.

love it if the eagles got lindsay gilbee. He is a ridiculously good player. We have plenty of running defenders and don't really need him but still. There is almost no way we could get him though.

i only suggested matt little coz hes a piece of shit who should be of the list at the end of the year

Steve Johnson for Ryan Lonie
Both pretty comparable although Lonie does play best 22.

Ray or Griffen plus 2nd round (likely to be 28) - Pies first pick (likely be 4-8)

Colin Sylvia for Chris Egan
Good trade for both.

Brad Moran for Paul Licuria plus 3rd Round or second round pick.

Steve Johnson for Ryan Lonie
Both pretty comparable although Lonie does play best 22.

Ray or Griffen plus 2nd round (likely to be 28) - Pies first pick (likely be 4-8)

Colin Sylvia for Chris Egan
Good trade for both.

Brad Moran for Paul Licuria plus 3rd Round or second round pick.

Lonie for Johnson seems realistic. Only reason Lonie's starting 22 and Johnson isn't is because Collingwood's starting 22 has nothing on Geelong's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back