Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Johnson for Ryan Lonie
Both pretty comparable although Lonie does play best 22.

Ray or Griffen plus 2nd round (likely to be 28) - Pies first pick (likely be 4-8)

Colin Sylvia for Chris Egan
Good trade for both.

Brad Moran for Paul Licuria plus 3rd Round or second round pick.

how about 4th round for Rocca.
Pies will get Judd for 3rd and 4th round pick and you would believe it

how about 4th round for Rocca.
Pies will get Judd for 3rd and 4th round pick and you would believe it

What would you expect for Moran - they dropped Hale and still did not give him a go. Clearly not going real well in a side thats struggling!

Would never swap Lonie for Dempsey.

What would you expect for Moran - they dropped Hale and still did not give him a go. Clearly not going real well in a side thats struggling!

Would never swap Lonie for Dempsey.

This guy probably played 60 games of footy in his life. No junior experience. Hale was injured with hamstring. McIntosh was best on ground so laidley got something right, finally. Could get a bit for Hale or Moran in trade week

yeh probabably right would definatly need a 1st round pick for any of them. however they are that young and that promising that there really not going anywhere unless they have a fullout with the club or get offered a very good deal.

what would essendon want for each of these players:
Lovett?
Davey?
Jetta?

These threads are pretty pointless really. Supporters grossly over-rate their own players. Some of the proposed trades I've seen have been laughable at best.

Just a couple of points to think about on this thread:

1. Last year's draft was an exceptionally strong one. The worth of the picks in this draft is not going to be much as last year. There is not the hype at the top or the depth of quality.

2. There are a lot of teams in need of rucks and teams with quality rucks available are likely to get a good price for them. I would be surprised if Bris do not trade one of their rucks this year and I would be surprised if there is not quality or high picks coming back the other way. If McDonald stays on the park this year I would expect the Lions to be asking for a pick between 10-20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These threads are pretty pointless really. Supporters grossly over-rate their own players. Some of the proposed trades I've seen have been laughable at best.

So trading McLeod for Rojo isn't an option then? :p

Didak is pretty much a midfielder. Also: name the dozen.

Now that is the dumbest post of the year. If you are going to come on here and talk about trades you actually have to watch other teams play and have a semblance of understanding about opposition players. Didak played HF all year last year.

This guy probably played 60 games of footy in his life. No junior experience. Hale was injured with hamstring. McIntosh was best on ground so laidley got something right, finally. Could get a bit for Hale or Moran in trade week

As a pick what would Moran be worth?

Would there be any interest in one Ashley Sampi? He will clearly be thrown up as trade bait after the season. Maybe Adelaide or Hawthorn would show some interest as they would both be looking at crumbing forwards?

Didn't say to the Roos but anyone would add to your lot.
No, not just anyone would add to our "lot." More delusion fuelled idiocy.

As for the Weagle fans pushing up Sampi & Wooden....roflmao

These two might get you a mars bar, or maybe an old datsun. Nothing more.

Now that is the dumbest post of the year. If you are going to come on here and talk about trades you actually have to watch other teams play and have a semblance of understanding about opposition players. Didak played HF all year last year.

saids someone who claims they could have steve johnson on the cheap cause hes not currently in the best 22...

give you a hint, is definately not because of his on filed performance.

As a pick what would Moran be worth?

A decent young midfielder.

Or

Pick in the region of 15-20

-------------------------

Pies dont have an young midfielders that id be interested in, that they'd be willing to give up.

They wouldnt give up their pick, as it looks to be in the 7-13 margin,

So id ask for say pick 25ish and pick 40ish

-------------------------------------------------

Would trade Hale though, and that would cost you a pick ranging from about 4-9.

saids someone who claims they could have steve johnson on the cheap cause hes not currently in the best 22...

give you a hint, is definately not because of his on filed performance.

Depends on your definition of cheap but.......

Fact - Geelong wanted to trade him last year and nobody was prepared to give up a top 35 pick.

His currency has not gone up since then.

All I am saying is that I dont think he is worth a top 30 pick based on last year nobody taking him. Interested in what other people than just biased Cats fans think.

Depends on your definition of cheap but.......

Fact - Geelong wanted to trade him last year and nobody was prepared to give up a top 35 pick.

His currency has not gone up since then.

All I am saying is that I dont think he is worth a top 30 pick based on last year nobody taking him. Interested in what other people than just biased Cats fans think.

what did i say that can be considered bias?
i already agreed with you in earlier post that johnson was all but traded if it wasnt for his ankles.

Newman for Laycock woul probably work, but I think Essendon would refuse not Richmond as Laycock is a very talented young ruckman. Trades are generally about two things. One - clubs trade for different needs, such as pushing for a flag, trading for the future, trading to fill a position. Two - the clubs trade for a player they are keener on than their club.

Richmond won't trade away any good players that are 21-26 years old unless the deal is too good to turn down, and Laycock ain't that. We'll definitely shop around for a ruck, but chances are we'll draft a high quality one in the national, so that will give us Simmonds, Pattison, <1st round selection 2007> plus Polak and Hall as backups plus a rookie list ruck (whether that's Gus Graham again or a new one). We may be content with that group, especially if there are none available on cheap trades or PSD.

what would essendon want for each of these players:
Lovett?
Davey?
Jetta?
Early second round pick for Lovett from a club who need pace, but you'd get jackshit from the WCE, Swans or Crows for him because he's soft.

A packet of chips and a rookie pick for Davey.

First round pick for Jetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back