Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on your definition of cheap but.......

Fact - Geelong wanted to trade him last year and nobody was prepared to give up a top 35 pick.

His currency has not gone up since then.

All I am saying is that I dont think he is worth a top 30 pick based on last year nobody taking him. Interested in what other people than just biased Cats fans think.

No, you also said he's not in the best 22.

No-one wanted him last year, true, but that was solely due to his ankles which are so bad that he struggles to play more than 15-odd games in a season. But when he is playing, he is without doubt in the best 22, and would be in 15 other sides as well.

Geelong will never get a top 30 pick for him due to his ankles.

Wouldnt mind Murphy from Freo or Laycock from Essendon.
I like Murphy and he would be a good target since he's out of the team after they acquired Tarrant.

Buckley's of getting him across after he re-signed last year.

Laycock is a spud like Paul Johnson.

Is McQualter a battler or a player stuck behind more talented midfielders? :confused:

He's a bit small but he'd be a worth a shot if he can play.

Are you serious. Thats a horrible deal for us. Id want a player like Lovett plus pick around 20.

As far as Hurn goes no way the club would trade him at this stage. Wouldnt really want Brad Fisher. Not really a type of player we need atm.

Hes a forward who can take a mark a kick a goal, something you havent got alot of.

Dear oh Dear......
I wouldn't have picked Davey at pick 36 any more than you'd pick Eddie Betts there and Lovett is an outside player. Forward pocket/flankers like that are a dime dozen and they are normally selected in the second or third round. I doubt the Eagles, Cats and Swans would give you a first round pick for Lovett when they have Sampi, Varcoe/Johnson and Davis.

Jetta was a second round pick. :thumbsu:

Why does an opinion like that warrant a comment such as Dear Oh Dear? :confused:

What would the eagles want for Waters? Dont say Winderlich or Jetta..wont happen..Love Waters tho..
Stanton would be fair because that's his level if you take into account his hardness and ability to take a mark as the third man up. They would never ask for Winderlich or Jetta for Waters when they have Morton, Hurn, Rosa, Butler, etc. pushing for selection in their best 22.

Stanton would be fair because that's his level if you take into account his hardness and ability to take a mark as the third man up. They would never ask for Winderlich or Jetta for Waters when they have Morton, Hurn, Rosa, Butler, etc. pushing for selection in their best 22.

No deal.....Stants is too important..Maybe Johns (eagles need another marking forward and say our 15 - 30 pick..:))

In Like Flint,

what would carlton want for Jarrad Waite??
i rate him highly and if we didnt succeed in getting Pavlich, wouldn't mind him.

would you accept:

Meesen, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just because davery was picked up at pick 36 doenst mean he is a pick 36 player. its just that all the clubs (including essendon) were stupid enough to let him slip through to that late. u cant say there only worth what draft pick you get them for. if that was the case we'd only get pick 36 for davery but we'd get pick 7 for bradley

I wouldn't have picked Davey at pick 36 any more than you'd pick Eddie Betts there and Lovett is an outside player. Forward pocket/flankers like that are a dime dozen and they are normally selected in the second or third round. I doubt the Eagles, Cats and Swans would give you a first round pick for Lovett when they have Sampi, Varcoe/Johnson and Davis.

Jetta was a second round pick. :thumbsu:

Why does an opinion like that warrant a comment such as Dear Oh Dear? :confused:

Now that is the dumbest post of the year. If you are going to come on here and talk about trades you actually have to watch other teams play and have a semblance of understanding about opposition players. Didak played HF all year last year.
HF, HB all rotate through the midfield, like Didak. Sure, he kicks a few goals, but so should any decent half-forward/midfielder (i.e. Gary Ablett Jr, Paul Chapman).

In Like Flint,

what would carlton want for Jarrad Waite??
i rate him highly and if we didnt succeed in getting Pavlich, wouldn't mind him.

would you accept:

Meesen, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick?????[/QUOTE]

FAR too much.

I think he means one of those things.

Would anyone here trade for Hartigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back