Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats fans seem to have a warped view of Johnson - nobody wanted him last year. Ankles are stuffed. Nobody was prepared to give up a pick inside 30.

dont mind trading away any of
Watson
Slattery
Peverill
Lee
Laycock
Bolton
Bradley
Camporeale
Cole
Dempsey
Heffernan

would like to get any of
Mcmahon
Malceski
Ryan Lonie
Rusling
Byrnes
Newman
Rischitelli
Ebert
Waters

how about
McMahon for Bradley + 3rd round
Malceski for Dempsey and Peverill (fast running foward midfielder + peverill suits sydneys game style.)
Lonie for Watson
Newman for Laycock + Bolton

Just some ideas tell us what ya think. if ya have any ideas for other trades involving those players.

SJ is definitely in our best 22. Only reason he isn't playing AFL at the moment is the sanction imposed on him by the playing group. Is good for 2 goals a game easy, and I can think of few better crumbing forwards in the league. Certainly none at Collingwood.

Just a bloke called Didak who was an AA last year. I reckon I could name a dozen better crumbing fwds than Johnson.

Watson, Slattery, Peverill, Lee, Laycock, Bolton, Bradley, Camporeale, Cole, Dempsey, Heffernan.

would like to get any of
McMahon, Malceski, Ryan Lonie, Rusling, Byrnes, Newman, Rischitelli, Ebert, Waters.

how about
Malceski for Dempsey and Peverill (fast running foward midfielder + peverill suits sydneys game style.)
Lonie for Watson

Just some ideas tell us what ya think. if ya have any ideas for other trades involving those players.

Cats fans seem to have a warped view of Johnson - nobody wanted him last year. Ankles are stuffed. Nobody was prepared to give up a pick inside 30.

no warped view at all my friend, yes johnson was ready to be traded to either the bombers or the pies last year and no one wanted him cause of his ankles. however, i'm pretty sure if the cats wanted Lonie at the time, the pies wouldnt have prepared to part with their 2nd pick.

johnson = second round pick > Lonie

Hmmm....

First players that I think other teams might want, that we should be willing to play with for the right price:

(1) David Mundy
(2) Ryan Crowley
(3) Ryan Murphy
(4) Robert Warnock

Seeing as that we are crazy enough to go after someone like Tarrant last year, the big targets that we should go after:
(1) Luke Ball
(2) Daniel Wells

Smaller Targets:
(3) Richard Hadley
(4) Farren Ray

Okay then - what about:
(1) Mundy + Warnock + 2nd round pick for Ball
(2) Crowley + Murphy for Wells
(3) Crowley + 2nd round pick for Hadley
(4) Murphy + 2nd round pick for Ray

Okay then - what about:
(1) Mundy + Warnock + 2nd round pick for Ball
(2) Crowley + Murphy for Wells
(3) Crowley + 2nd round pick for Hadley
(4) Murphy + 2nd round pick for Ray

how about
Lonie for Watson

Trading DOES NOT work like maths, 1 + 1 does not equal two. Teams will trade quality for quality two ok players or a player and a draft pick in the second or third round DOES NOT get you a player twice as good as them and I challenge everybody to find me an example since 2000 to prove me wrong.

At least the Fremantle supporter put some ok players in the trades. Bolton and Bradley are crap. If they were on fire in the middle of Windy Hill Sheedy and the players wouldn't even piss on them because they could then replace them on the list. (That was a massive exaggeration but I thought of it and it was too funny not to put down)

i'll agree bolton is worth shit all. but bradley can be useful to some teams. fair enough if u dont think any of those trades will work but look at the players i said we'd want and tell me who we'd have to give up for them.

Trading DOES NOT work like maths, 1 + 1 does not equal two. Teams will trade quality for quality two ok players or a player and a draft pick in the second or third round DOES NOT get you a player twice as good as them and I challenge everybody to find me an example since 2000 to prove me wrong.

At least the Fremantle supporter put some ok players in the trades. Bolton and Bradley are crap. If they were on fire in the middle of Windy Hill Sheedy and the players wouldn't even piss on them because they could then replace them on the list. (That was a massive exaggeration but I thought of it and it was too funny not to put down)

Would like to get Shannon Hurn to Carlton, Maybe a swap of Fisher for Hurn?

well you are no chance, if he goes anywhere will be the crows, wont port he had a few training sessions there before the draft and apparently had a few run ins with choco.

i know this is true, my sister used to be his teacher.
he would regularly speak about the footy with her.

Richmond will try and get one young ruckman currently with another club in the PSD with the first pick in the PSD if they finish bottom. They wont trade for a Ruckman- theyll try and get one for free- and the info is they're already preparing for this outcome.

Richmond will try and get one young ruckman currently with another club in the PSD with the first pick in the PSD if they finish bottom. They wont trade for a Ruckman- theyll try and get one for free- and the info is they're already preparing for this outcome.

who do you think would be the most likely?
perhaps beau mcdonald?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey 18 - I think a lot of people would look at Laycock and Dempsey but most of the others you placed on their list have glaring prolems like skill, speed or age.

Newman for Laycock woul probably work, but I think Essendon would refuse not Richmond as Laycock is a very talented young ruckman. Trades are generally about two things. One - clubs trade for different needs, such as pushing for a flag, trading for the future, trading to fill a position. Two - the clubs trade for a player they are keener on than their club.

The simple fact is that most of the players others clubs want to trade for are generally required players at their club.

Would love to snare someone like Matt Rosa. A young midfielder but ready to play right away. Would probably have pretty decent trade value though.
Rumour has it that Collingwood last year (when West Coast showed interest in Tarrant) wanted Rosa plus the Eagles first round pick (no 16) for Tarrant. Eagles said no. It is apparent that the club rates Rosa.

Alright we'll gladly take laycock for newman then. but who would essendon have to give up to get mcmahon or malceski what would bulldogs and sydney ask for in return?

Casey 18 - I think a lot of people would look at Laycock and Dempsey but most of the others you placed on their list have glaring prolems like skill, speed or age.

Newman for Laycock woul probably work, but I think Essendon would refuse not Richmond as Laycock is a very talented young ruckman. Trades are generally about two things. One - clubs trade for different needs, such as pushing for a flag, trading for the future, trading to fill a position. Two - the clubs trade for a player they are keener on than their club.

The simple fact is that most of the players others clubs want to trade for are generally required players at their club.

Watson, Slattery, Peverill, Lee, Laycock, Bolton, Bradley, Camporeale, Cole, Dempsey, Heffernan.

would like to get any of
McMahon, Malceski, Ryan Lonie, Rusling, Byrnes, Newman, Rischitelli, Ebert, Waters.

how about
Lonie for Watson

I'll hold you too that. Straight up swap right now. Lonie for Dempsey:thumbsu:

theres a slight difference. lonie can hit a target, watson is one of the worst kicks going around. both lonies are very underated players
There is also the fact that we already have HBF in mcphee, mcveigh and nash so we dont need lonie.

yeh i no we've got the some of the best half backs going around so who says he has to play half back? he can play wing or even half foward. someone who can use the ball as well as he can is useful anywhere, backline midfield or foward.

There is also the fact that we already have HBF in mcphee, mcveigh and nash so we dont need lonie.

Casey 18 - most players are not up for trade. McMahon and Malceski are required players at their clubs I would guess. Essendon would need to offer more than I think they would be willing to give, especially since both teams are in flag contention and have no interest in draft picks.

ok good thats actually the kind of answer i was looking for. what do you rekon we'd have to give these clubs for these players. Dont worry about the players i said i'd be happy to trade and the possible trades. just who would we have to give up to get those players.

Casey 18 - most players are not up for trade. McMahon and Malceski are required players at their clubs I would guess. Essendon would need to offer more than I think they would be willing to give, especially since both teams are in flag contention and have no interest in draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back