beatlesmith

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Roberts Rd
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Cavs, West Perth
What trades would you like to see at your club? Be realistic, don't be ridiculous and say that players like Judd and Jonathan Brown are moving etc.

Personally I would like to see Mark Williams at the Eagles. In exchange, perhaps Fletcher, Wooden and a draft pick?
Williams would slot in perfectly in the forward line and allow Lynch to play more as a CHF.

I don't think it's unrealistic to predict a trade involving maybe the Kangaroos giving up a few gun players and a number 1 draft pick for Judd. I still think he will resign for the Eagles, he would be crazy to walk away from a list capable of creating history, but at this stage its still a possibilty.

I don't think it's unrealistic to predict a trade involving maybe the Kangaroos giving up a few gun players and a number 1 draft pick for Judd. I still think he will resign for the Eagles, he would be crazy to walk away from a list capable of creating history, but at this stage its still a possibilty.

What do you think would be a fair trade for Judd? I would accept nothing less than Hansen, Wells and 1st draft pick. Although I believe Judd will stay with us.

What do you think would be a fair trade for Judd? I would accept nothing less than Hansen, Wells and 1st draft pick. Although I believe Judd will stay with us.

I thought you said be realistic?

Basically the #1 Pick, #2 Pick, #3 Pick?

ROFL your out of your mind.

Judd isnt that good.

Even Carey or ablett in their prime wouldnt have demanded that.

Weagles might not have a choice, have absolutely no $$$ in the cap, and Kerr, Judd, Cox, Empley, Lynch, Hunter then second tier players like Staker, Rosa, Hurn, Waters etc etc are going to expect pay increases.

WC's dynasty is up shit creek, its going to be the bombers of 2000 all over again.

Bookmark me, the Weagles will loose 3-5 major players in the next 1-3 years because of salary cap restrictions.

Loyalty only goes so far, as much as Weagles fans love to deny it, its a career for these players, and a short career at that, these players have to make enough money for the rest of their lives!

No team would pay that. Your two most talented young kids plus a possible third for Judd. I wouldnt give up tambling, deledio and our 1st pick for judd.

you think he will quit the eagles or sign another contract?:p

I thought you said be realistic?

Basically the #1 Pick, #2 Pick, #3 Pick?

ROFL your out of your mind.

Judd isnt that good.

Even Carey or ablett in their prime wouldnt have demanded that.

Weagles might not have a choice, have absolutely no $$$ in the cap, and Kerr, Judd, Cox, Empley, Lynch, Hunter then second tier players like Staker, Rosa, Hurn, Waters etc etc are going to expect pay increases.

WC's dynasty is up shit creek, its going to be the bombers of 2000 all over again.

Bookmark me, the Weagles will loose 3-5 major players in the next 1-3 years because of salary cap restrictions.

Loyalty only goes so far, as much as Weagles fans love to deny it, its a career for these players, and a short career at that, these players have to make enough money for the rest of their lives!

When Gardiner left if left a huge hole in our salary cap ($300,000-$500,000) and with players like chick and wooden only having a year or 2 left, we'll be fine. Also shed a lot of dead weight in the off-season with gaspar, mcdougall, adkins and smith (although he is a great player). Our advantage is that we have many good young players who don't demand large salaries.

For Hawthorn, I'd love to trade Joel Smith for anything we could get.

And I'd like to recruit another ready-made ruckman who can help us while Bailey and Renouf develop. Beau McDonald from the Lions could be handy and may be available. If we could get him for a 3rd round pick I'd be happy.

For all those thinking the Weagles will lose a heap of players due to salary cap issues think again. If Cousins fails to make it back to AFL level (which looks pretty likely) then his salary (reportedly in the vicinity of $800,000 this year) would cover any offer Judd gets as well as having a little more available for pay rises for other players. It is only if Judd wants to go home that any deal will be done. If that's the case expect to give up two top 5 picks and a decent player. Ottens cost us two first rounders and I know I'm going out on a limb here but I reckon Judd may be worth a fair bit more.

For all those thinking the Weagles will lose a heap of players due to salary cap issues think again. If Cousins fails to make it back to AFL level (which looks pretty likely) then his salary (reportedly in the vicinity of $800,000 this year) would cover any offer Judd gets as well as having a little more available for pay rises for other players. It is only if Judd wants to go home that any deal will be done. If that's the case expect to give up two top 5 picks and a decent player. Ottens cost us two first rounders and I know I'm going out on a limb here but I reckon Judd may be worth a fair bit more.

Umm only one problem with that delightful little scenario.

Cousins has a very long contract.

i wouldnt mind north going for 1 of the 2nd tier midfielders like a rosa, if judd does stay it does put pressure on 2nd tier players 2 accept below par contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE salary cap expands by 500k next year. Won't be looking for any serious trade incoming and will delist Wooden and several others to clear the way for draftees (at $50k a pop). Enough room for Juddy but wage will not be his primary concern.

If Cuz is unable to meet commitments next year his contract can be terminated. Hope not. Retirements possible from Chicky.

Trade / Delist Sampi.

WCE salary cap expands by 500k next year. Won't be looking for any serious trade incoming and will delist Wooden and several others to clear the way for draftees (at $50k a pop). Enough room for Juddy but wage will not be his primary concern.

If Cuz is unable to meet commitments next year his contract can be terminated. Hope not. Retirements possible from Chicky.

Trade / Delist Sampi.

What would sampi add to our team?

Would love to snare someone like Matt Rosa. A young midfielder but ready to play right away. Would probably have pretty decent trade value though.

What trades would you like to see at your club? Be realistic, don't be ridiculous and say that players like Judd and Jonathan Brown are moving etc.

Personally I would like to see Mark Williams at the Eagles. In exchange, perhaps Fletcher, Wooden and a draft pick?
Williams would slot in perfectly in the forward line and allow Lynch to play more as a CHF.

Well you stuffed this thread up right there. Williams the 2nd best small forward in the league(after Brad Johnson), for 2 washed up hacks and you dont stipulate what # draft pick.
Now if you're going to be serious be serious. With all this talk of Judd beibg worth 2 top 5 picks etc( personally I don't think he'll leave) Williams is at least 2 picks in the top 10. At worst a top 10 pick and a quality player ie..... Actually scrap the players. Your club has become so tainted I wouldn't want any player/s who have played under this current regime.
Young Mckinley who impressed in the U/18s & hasn't had alot of exposure, plus 2 first round picks, maybe an option.

as always a ready made CHF/FF

perhaps Schulz for a 2nd rounder and a decent player
Schulz for 2nd rounder and Doughty

we lack a "outside" midfielder with excellent skills most of our midfielders are in and under players.

i'd say:

Meesen for McMahon (W.Bulldogs)

Judd wont leave. End of story.

Suspect you are right.

As for the Blues, I wouldn't be surprised if they went through Trade Week again this year without any trades being done. If Judd is available, they'll have a look, but other than that, they'll back themselves in with their draft picks.

as always a ready made CHF/FF

perhaps Schulz for a 2nd rounder and a decent player
Schulz for 2nd rounder and Doughty

we lack a "outside" midfielder with excellent skills most of our midfielders are in and under players.

i'd say:

Meesen for McMahon (W.Bulldogs)

I am not a Ricmond supporter but I expect that they would rate Schulz higher than that. He is just starting to come good after a troubled start. I know he was an Adelaide boy and the Crows really need someone like him so it is a realistic trade possibility but I think at least a 1st round pick considering the Crows 1st pick will be 10-15.
And seeing as you need someone like Schulz why would you trade away Meeson unless he was unhappy and wanted to return home?

I am not a Ricmond supporter but I expect that they would rate Schulz higher than that. He is just starting to come good after a troubled start. I know he was an Adelaide boy and the Crows really need someone like him so it is a realistic trade possibility but I think at least a 1st round pick considering the Crows 1st pick will be 10-15.
And seeing as you need someone like Schulz why would you trade away Meeson unless he was unhappy and wanted to return home?

Most Adelaide fans expect Meesen to be traded to Victoria at the end of this season.

We currently have 5 ruckmen on our list - Hudson, Biglands, Maric, Meesen & Griffin. That becomes 6 if you include Kurt Tippett, who was drafted primarily as a forward (but at 202cm is our second tallest player). Biglands is contracted for 2008, even though he will miss all of 2007 through an ACL knee injury (sustained in the 2006 preliminary final loss). Even allowing for the fact that Hudson & Biglands are not exactly young, we still have four ruckmen aged 21 or younger - two of whom now have senior experience.

With Maric looking the goods before injury and Griffin doing well in his first three games, Adelaide no longer have a desperate need to retain Meesen.

Meesen was signed to a one-year deal late in 2006, with considerable speculation that he might have headed home instead of re-signing. Given that he will miss 1/3 of the season through injury (currently listed as being 4-5 weeks away) and will have to force his way past Maric & Griffin once he regains fitness, it is doubtful that he would see much future staying with the AFC.

The question then becomes what Adelaide can get for him, remembering that he was taken at #8 in the National Draft two years ago. Adelaide may well accept a one-for-one swap for Jay Schulz or Jordan McMahon. They would certainly be looking for a 1st round draft selection, though maybe not top-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back