Preview Preliminary Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Fri 16/10 7.50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I'd love to break Geelong hearts in a Grand Final.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As cathartic as our Qualifying win over Geelong was, our 2007 shit stain doesn't get fully removed until we beat them in a Grand Final.
Just quietly that is the #1 reason I want to win the prelim and why I hope they beat Brisbane.
The second is to stick it up McGuire and our need to beg and grovel to wear our traditional jumper.
The third is to stick it up the Crows.

I don't mind Richmond, your coach is a Port premiership player, Williams and Lade were there for a long time, but more importantly we are both state league behemoths trying to continue our success nationally. I'm looking forward to the game, but with the knowledge that for both sides we are at best 2 games away from falling off the cliff into the football drought, which is going to be harder than usual to deal with.

So lets be happy that our sides are competing this weekend, and Collingwood and the crows are not.

All year I have been waiting for that “footy feeling” but still nothing, it’s so bloody weird.
Don’t get me wrong I’m still watching, and wanting to win and everything but there’s just no stress or joy either way.
Thought maybe finals would kick me up a gear but nothing!
I actually don’t mind it in some ways but I’d love to have that that sick feeling in the guts back.

All year I have been waiting for that “footy feeling” but still nothing, it’s so bloody weird.
Don’t get me wrong I’m still watching, and wanting to win and everything but there’s just no stress or joy either way.
I actually don’t mind it in some ways but I’d love to have that that sick feeling in the guts back.

You can have some of mine, the whole 4 quarters of the Geelong game I was shaking like a leaf.
I can't actually imagine not feeling it, its kicked in already for this week, but is somewhat different having got through the Qualifier.

I have to watch every Port game twice at the moment, once in Captain Kirk mode, then later in Spock mode.

You can have some of mine, the whole 4 quarters of the Geelong game I was shaking like a leaf.
I can't actually imagine not feeling it, its kicked in already for this week, but is somewhat different having got through the Qualifier.

I have to watch every Port game twice at the moment, once in Captain Kirk mode, then later in Spock mode.
I’m pretty sure that’s how we were in 2017, however saying that, I do hope we derail your push for another premiership, we kind of owe you for the 2014 elimination final. ;)

Hmmm if we lose though, will admit it would be funny to watch Port defeat Geelong in a Grand Final.

Its a contrast in styles. We are a high clearance/contest winning side who get a lot of ball inside 50. You guys are incredible at moving from D50 and surging the ball forward. So whilst people say midfield is key, i think if you can manage to break even on clearance and contest numbers, i think you will deprive us of locking ball inside 50 like we do and generally score from and you have a very dangerous forward line, so if you convert up forward we will be in all sorts.

It is a contrast in styles, but Richmond generally try to play a "front half" game too. Moving from D50 is not our preferred method, even though we do it reasonably well. Those passages of surge out of defence usually end up munged into touch, so we can set-up with the deepest defender standing in the centre circle. Richmond defenders intercepting the ball inside the centre square is the best indicator that we have the game on our terms.

Make no mistake, port would’ve been pooing their panties when that siren went last Friday.

Salties got within 2 goals of em other week at home......................they genuinely fear us

Last edited:
So, I have to say I'm not 100% confident about this game. They've been playing good footy and some of our ins are still warming up!

Having said that.......in each of our last 3 seasons, when we've met the minor premiers in a final, we've won the flag! :grimacing:
Is it a sign? 👃👃👃🤞

Last edited:

It was a weird feeling at Metricon on Friday night - just felt like a home and away game at an interstate ground. I hear ya! But, this is what it is and no moaning is gonna change it. Winning is still fun even if it doesnt feel quite normal.

I'm the same. I think for me there is this underlying worry about all that is going on in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy when we win, it's just not enough to get me completely elated atm.

As cathartic as our Qualifying win over Geelong was, our 2007 sh*t stain doesn't get fully removed until we beat them in a Grand Final.
Just quietly that is the #1 reason I want to win the prelim and why I hope they beat Brisbane.
The second is to stick it up McGuire and our need to beg and grovel to wear our traditional jumper.
The third is to stick it up the Crows.

I don't mind Richmond, your coach is a Port premiership player, Williams and Lade were there for a long time, but more importantly we are both state league behemoths trying to continue our success nationally. I'm looking forward to the game, but with the knowledge that for both sides we are at best 2 games away from falling off the cliff into the football drought, which is going to be harder than usual to deal with.

So lets be happy that our sides are competing this weekend, and Collingwood and the crows are not.

Mate what's wrong with your board with this game? A innocent game related post is seized as an insult, poster attacked, rfc supporters as general insulted, posts infraction issued, its unhinged lol.

You blokes have always been great to talk about our games when we go head to head, never an issue but now it's feral

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate what's wrong with your board with this game? A innocent game related post is seized as an insult, poster attacked, rfc supporters as general insulted, posts infraction issued, its unhinged lol.

You blokes have always been great to talk about our games when we go head to head, never an issue but now it's feral

You're in their heads T71 - happens when the nerves and doubts hit ;)

Having said that.......in each of our last 3 seasons, when we've met the minor premiers in a final, we've won the flag! :grimacing:
Is it a sign? 👃👃👃🤞

Geez did I sleep through a year? Have we won all three flags in our last three seasons - you need to report this, its not very widely known Meli!

Geez did I sleep through a year? Have we won all three flags in our last three seasons - you need to report this, its not very widely known Meli!
Lol no Meli is right.

2017, we faced minor premiers Adelaide in the Grand Final, we won the flag.

2018, we were the minor premiers, West Coast won the flag.

2019, we beat minor premiers Geelong in the Preliminary Final, we won the flag.

So whenever we have beaten the minor premiers in the last three years we’ve won the flag. ;)

I feel exactly the same and it sucks.

I was like that for 2/3 of this year but def have it back now...

Although the loss to Brisbane didn’t hurt as much as it normally would have.. maybe due to our recent success or the trust in the team to still win it the long way.. or maybe like you, this year is just ****ed and has an asterisk over it..

but the non stop bashing from the media and opposition fans all year especially the last 2 weeks has gotten the fire back in the belly..

Be so good to see that little ferret whately whimper when his precious danger is shattered at failure again...

And robbo slobbering uncontrollably spitting out accusations of how we cheated our way to victory

surely the thought of this helps rekindle the flame rod 😉

I’m pretty sure that’s how we were in 2017, however saying that, I do hope we derail your push for another premiership, we kind of owe you for the 2014 elimination final. ;)

On that 2014 - interesting to hear Carro say last night that it was Chocco who made the call on which way to kick when Cotch won the toss. Talk about throwing him under the bus. Was Chocco a Port Power plant in that game? lol.

I'll have to go check it out.
Only takes a very small flame to start a bushfire in 2020, we all have to tread a little more carefully than usual and appreciate the good rather than focus on the bad.

You need to read what I've written properly, WHEN we've played the minor premier in finals, we've won the premiership!

2017 - Adelaide minor premiers, beat them in finals - won the flag
2018 - We were minor premiers - cant play ourselves - didn't win the flag
2019 - Geelong minor premiers, beat them in finals - won the flag

In addition to this, the years we've won it, we've finished 3rd.... :blush:

I'll have to go check it out.
Only takes a very small flame to start a bushfire in 2020, we all have to tread a little more carefully than usual and appreciate the good rather than focus on the bad.

Mate, I hope your blokes get to wear your proper jumper this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back