tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
Ok Boys we've got the Doggies this week. Shapes up to be a great game. Let's get the discussion going.

GO THE SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they stick to their style and put in the hard effort our boys will strangle the Dogs like they have done twice this year already.

Quietly confident. Carn Saints.

I was Etihad Stadium tonight watching the Storm thrash Manly 40-12 so I had a good night.

I was hoping for a Lions win but in reality that was never going to happen.

I find it important following other teams because like CHBench I'm already a nervous wreck.

There's no doubt we've had a game plan that has strangled the Bulldogs and made them look second rate in our two matches this season.

In reality we've overtaken them and are clearly the better team. We've made 4 preliminary finals in the last 7 years but we haven't had a better team than the one we've got now.

However that doesn't mean anything when the game starts on friday night. If we're not on our game we won't win.

According to the Doc on MMM Ryan Griffen has a corked calf rather than a tear or strain so should get up for next week and Murphy will be fine as well. They actually fielded their best possible line-up tonight.

Heaps of turnovers tonight probably coz of the wind.

Nathan Eagleton had no opponenet all night. He was at his classic sheep dog best standing on the wings waving his hands for the footy. Too dangerous to give him that much space. Ross Lyon will make him accountable.

Griiffen was their best but he limped off in the last quarter with a calf injury. I'm not a 100% sure its a cork though. It was on the boundary line when he slid over the line if i remember. Could also be cramp.

Sore bodies at least is a good thing for us.

No real surprise the Dogs got through. Although I was hoping that Brisbane could have given them a much tougher game, it really didn't look any more intense than a regular H&A match. Was also hoping for a few more injuries and suspensions but it looks like the Dogs got through pretty much unscathed, barring maybe Griffin.

Anyway I'm quietly confident we should be too good for them, just like we were in our previous two matches this year. Although I can see them being a lot tougher to beat than the Pies were, so we will have to be at our brutal best.

Heaps of turnovers tonight probably coz of the wind.

Nathan Eagleton had no opponenet all night. He was at his classic sheep dog best standing on the wings waving his hands for the footy. Too dangerous to give him that much space. Ross Lyon will make him accountable.

Griiffen was their best but he limped off in the last quarter with a calf injury. I'm not a 100% sure its a cork though. It was on the boundary line when he slid over the line if i remember. Could also be cramp.

Sore bodies at least is a good thing for us.

far from our best, would be a good thing for you if he played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are an idiot. Did you even watch the game?!
He was one of our best by a mile.

Sorry to hijack your thread Sainters....but its supporters like this who give me the absolute shits.
`
Amen brother. What a shithead. Absolutely no clue. Believe it or not the Doggies players, especially Eade really believe we can go all the way this year. Unfortunately this means facing up to the best team of the competition this year in the Saints. I know we will really give it a crack. I'm not so confident on the outcome....:D

You would have to think realistically we cont stand much of a chance, but us both players and supporters will keep fighting until the final siren sounds. That is how our team works. We never give up. I cant wait until the game.

All you want is your top effort on the night and who knows. Of course I believe if we can get back to our top effort we should be okay!

Go saints!

I want to do the sociable thing and say if we don't win the flag then I want a fellow "struggler" to take the flag instead, but I just love the Doggies too much to say this publicly. Please Doggies bring a cup home for us.

I hope you Sainters harbor similar feelings. It's supporters like us which deserve a little success every now and then...

Having seen a lot of the Dogs this year, and gone to their last two finals, I consider them a similar test to the Pies in some ways. Shut down certain players and we should easily win. Being:

Higgens.
Aker.
Johnson.

I think if we shut down those three players all at once then there is no chance that the Dogs will beat us.

And just to add to what has been mentioned in the tread earlier
I thought Griffen was impressive tonight, although absolutely useless last week.

My feeling for the week...Kosi is the Key... with their short backmen he could go balistic this week, assuming that back duels go according to plan.

Go Saints!

Add Cooney, Cross, and Boyd to that list. All in pretty good form, and quality players all.

We've been able to strangle them so far this year, but if we allow their run-and-gun style they'll be very hard to beat. Should be a good game.

3 times this year we have played the saints and 3 times we have lost...........

The time has come Bulldogs.....to UNTANGLE THE STRANGLE

Having seen a lot of the Dogs this year, and gone to their last two finals, I consider them a similar test to the Pies in some ways. Shut down certain players and we should easily win. Being:

Higgens.
Aker.
Johnson.

I think if we shut down those three players all at once then there is no chance that the Dogs will beat us.

And just to add to what has been mentioned in the tread earlier
I thought Griffen was impressive tonight, although absolutely useless last week.

My feeling for the week...Kosi is the Key... with their short backmen he could go balistic this week, assuming that back duels go according to plan.

Go Saints!

Look for Williams to come back in, maybe for tim callan. Not saying he is the savior but a better match up for Kosi. Lake to Riewolt. Best defender on the best forward, cant wait!

I hate this match - no matter who wins, it's going to be bittersweet.

i feel like a guy who has to tell his best mate his girlfriend is cheating on him - it's a dirty business, but it has to be done. We have to beat the Doggies along the way to get the prize. Just a real shame.

On the flipside though, if the Doggies pull a blinder, at least they get to fly the flag for us underdog clubs. Having said that, I of course want us to win!

I hate this match - no matter who wins, it's going to be bittersweet.

i feel like a guy who has to tell his best mate his girlfriend is cheating on him - it's a dirty business, but it has to be done. We have to beat the Doggies along the way to get the prize. Just a real shame.

On the flipside though, if the Doggies pull a blinder, at least they get to fly the flag for us underdog clubs. Having said that, I of course want us to win!
Well said!

Footy's not what it used to be now with all the corporate dollars.

One thing that hasn't changed is the passion, optimism & just the love of the club by the average supporter.

For some of our & some of your supporters, this is going to be as good as life gets & those people are the ones who a premiership means just so much more, infact it means everything!

May the winner of this PF be the 2009 AFL Premiers!

Good luck, like myself I'm sure you've allowed yourself to dream a little, but then have to stop because of the fear that sets in, knowing it may actually come to fruition.

i was really hoping for a Bulldogs v Saints granny...shame the dogs couldnt knock the cats off last week....like Persevering Saint said, its a shame to have to knock them out , but its our year for the prize!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Preliminary Final: St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back