Discussion Preliminary Final: St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Was only from memory, which I was confident about. Perhaps I'm wrong, but would that not have been a shot at goal situation? I'm recalling a Saints player being in the clear with the ball after Hargrave's kick and delivering a short kick for a mark and shot on goal. Might have got mixed up with another situation.

Hargrave kicked the ball along the ground the Saint player picked the ball up and noticed it was a free.

then there was a short kick from where the free was taken.

I have recently watched the replay of the match....this is what happened,

Hargrave gets boot to ball and it lands in Dal Santos hands, he then passes it to a free Roo about 5 metres right of Hargraves.

Free kick is called. Roo hands the ball back to Mcqualter who then notices Dal is free in the same spot and passes it. Dal sidesteps the bulldog player and kicks the goal.

Phew, didn't think my memory was failing me already. ;)

Then unless the short kick to Riewoldt was not paid 15 metres, either play on may have been called correctly by the umpire because Hargrave did get a legal disposal, or the incorrect free kick that was paid, would have resulted in a shot on goal regardless.

I have recently watched the replay of the match....this is what happened,

Hargrave gets boot to ball and it lands in Dal Santos hands, he then passes it to a free Roo about 5 metres right of Hargraves.

Free kick is called. Roo hands the ball back to Mcqualter who then notices Dal is free in the same spot and passes it. Dal sidesteps the bulldog player and kicks the goal.

Who?

Exactly. I think it's strange you're under the impression that GF week has somehow been sullied for us TiAn. The only people debating whether we deserve to be there are dogs fans.

Exactly. I think it's strange you're under the impression that GF week has somehow been sullied for us TiAn. The only people debating whether we deserve to be there are dogs fans.

I don't think Dogs fans think the Saints don't deserve to be there. I think there are a few of us who wish the umpires were not a factor in the game. I am one of those but I also subscribe to the theory that that's footy and that is the way it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Dogs fans think the Saints don't deserve to be there. I think there are a few of us who wish the umpires were not a factor in the game. I am one of those but I also subscribe to the theory that that's footy and that is the way it goes.
Not to paint all Dogs fans with one brush mate, I'm sure the majority are reasonable like yourself, but pretty much the only people I've seen going on about us not deserving it are Dogs fans.

Whereas TiAn gave the impression he thought it was still a hot topic of debate that was somehow ruining our week, when in fact no one else cares.

Not to paint all Dogs fans with one brush mate, I'm sure the majority are reasonable like yourself, but pretty much the only people I've seen going on about us not deserving it are Dogs fans.

Whereas TiAn gave the impression he thought it was still a hot topic of debate that was somehow ruining our week, when in fact no one else cares.

I think a lot of non-Dogs supporters have proffered the view that they believe that the Dogs were perhaps the better team on the night but factors outside of either team's control influenced the outcome of the game. I think a lot of Saints fans have interpreted this as people suggesting that the Saints didn't 'deserve' to win. Which has in turn lead to a considerable number of threads and posts from Saints fans arguing the counter. Subsequently leading me to believe that many Saints fans in fact do care. The 13 pages of this thread tend to support my view.

Actually the focus on the prelim is really only by a few poor dogs fans who cant let go.

I guess you know how we felt last week now.

Its a terrible feeling and I hate it when it happens because you continually wonder "if only".

And you know it makes it worse when everyone says "your team will be right next year". Crikey, do they forget there are probably another 5-6 teams who a really capable of getting there too.

I guess we wait for 2010 to roll on and it all starts again.

Its a terrible feeling and I hate it when it happens because you continually wonder "if only".

And you know it makes it worse when everyone says "your team will be right next year". Crikey, do they forget there are probably another 5-6 teams who a really capable of getting there too.

I guess we wait for 2010 to roll on and it all starts again.

HELLLO THis is St Kilda! We know what it's like to lose a Prelim you know.:rolleyes:

What - you didn't put the score on the board early in the game when you had most of the play, had a few players who did not play to their ability, and got over-run by a more determined team in the end?

What - you didn't put the score on the board early in the game when you had most of the play, had a few players who did not play to their ability, and got over-run by a more determined team in the end?

The first few statements are true but if you believe the last one your knowledge of the game is seriously limited. A better team perhaps but in no way more determined.

The first few statements are true but if you believe the last one your knowledge of the game is seriously limited. A better team perhaps but in no way more determined.

My mum is waiting for you. I reckon she knows more about footy than you as well.

threadclosed.gif

Doggies can have a whinge on their board. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Preliminary Final: St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back