A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that snot on. Thanks for the information guys.

Over The Post, Great work on the tipping chart, thanks.

St Bedes v Collegians Early days but looking good
Old Trinity v Caulfield Home ground only reason
Old Scotch v St Bernards Bernies good in 3rd last week need 4 qtrs
De La v Uni Blues De La at home
OX v Old Carey Neutral ground, cold miserable day, Panther
new boys will have too much run

New web site looks good.
Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums.

Purples easy so long as they just drive it long quickly
Reds home now, easy win
Blues in a canter
No cigars for the Hedgerburner
Claret maybe, woeful last week

great effort from the snowdogs today

with a few key players returning in the few weeks, be sure to knock off a few off the top teams!

Xavs v Carey (surprised, youlike?) :)

haha no I am not surprised that you tipped them but I will be if you get it right.

No real surprise that Xavs got up huh?

I am just not convinced with Old Carey!! They have lost to SBMT and Xavs and the 2 wins they have were against Old Caulfield and St Bernard's (not to mentioned their 2's have been touched up by an average of 40 points all year)

The next 3 games they have UB (away), Coll (home) and DLS (away), They really need to win this week cause if they don't I reckon they will be 2 and 5 with Trinity and Scotch to play, they could easily end up 3 and 6 @ the half-way point.

I don't dispute anything you've said this time, youlike. Tipping using your heart rather than your head is always fraught with danger.

At least it wasn't a thrashing!!

Yep.... UB this week is a big one for sure.

Lack of depth looks like an issue and if some of the better players in the side become injured Carey could really struggle. If that happened then 'middle of the pack' might be the best they can hope for.

However, it's Ammo footy after all..... not exactly wrist-slashing stuff - in spite of one's affiliations.

No real surprise that Xavs got up huh?

I am just not convinced with Old Carey!! They have lost to SBMT and Xavs and the 2 wins they have were against Old Caulfield and St Bernard's (not to mentioned their 2's have been touched up by an average of 40 points all year)

The next 3 games they have UB (away), Coll (home) and DLS (away), They really need to win this week cause if they don't I reckon they will be 2 and 5 with Trinity and Scotch to play, they could easily end up 3 and 6 @ the half-way point.

All above is true, but unless Carey get a run of injuries, they have too many good players not to finish the season well clear of relegation. With seconds depth etc, i dont think many at Carey are looking for much more than staying in A Grade, consolidating, so that they can get the depth required in coming years to mount a serious challenge. 2012 is not serious challenge time, it is stay in A Grade time and Carey have the players to do this. Whilst Carey may turn 3-6 (more likely 4-5 IMO) they do have 5 of the first 7 games as 'away' games, so i would expect them to come home ok. Carey are good at home as the big oval suits there speed and carry. Nothing worng with losing to Xavs by 3 goals any time. And the other loss was at Brindisi and was only by a few points.

All above is true, but unless Carey get a run of injuries, they have too many good players not to finish the season well clear of relegation. With seconds depth etc, i dont think many at Carey are looking for much more than staying in A Grade, consolidating, so that they can get the depth required in coming years to mount a serious challenge. 2012 is not serious challenge time, it is stay in A Grade time and Carey have the players to do this. Whilst Carey may turn 3-6 (more likely 4-5 IMO) they do have 5 of the first 7 games as 'away' games, so i would expect them to come home ok. Carey are good at home as the big oval suits there speed and carry. Nothing worng with losing to Xavs by 3 goals any time. And the other loss was at Brindisi and was only by a few points.

Your theory re Carey playing on big grounds is interesting.....didn't they play on one yesterday?? They have a good core of 4-5 guns, as good as any in the VAFA but after that they fall away. They'll do a Scotch and be happy to stay up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All above is true, but unless Carey get a run of injuries, they have too many good players not to finish the season well clear of relegation.

I'm not saying they will be relegated (I actually hope they stay up) but I reckon after finishing 5th last year they themselves would like to try and improve on that and if they hit the half way point at 3-6 or even 4-5 it's going to be tough.

Teams have used the following number of players in the first 4 rounds. Make something or nothing out of it.

Coll - 30
DLS - 34
Xav - 29
Scotch - 29
Carey - 31
S Bernards - 29
Uni - 31
Trinity - 33
Bedes - 28
Caulf - 30

Teams have used the following number of players in the first 4 rounds. Make something or nothing out of it.

Coll - 30
DLS - 34
Xav - 29
Scotch - 29
Carey - 31
S Bernards - 29
Uni - 31
Trinity - 33
Bedes - 28
Caulf - 30

Can you really read into stuff like this? 4 rounds in, still early days... Can someone explain to me how Caulfields 2s are 1st on the ladder at 3-1 and their 1s are last at 0-4?

Can you really read into stuff like this? 4 rounds in, still early days... Can someone explain to me how Caulfields 2s are 1st on the ladder at 3-1 and their 1s are last at 0-4?
This will be really relevant as the season goes on....and obviously tests the depth of clubs. Bedes will be in trouble if they end up playing 45 plus for example.

Some interesting numbers, we played Dela Sat, thought we would trot in as per tips. They are going pretty well at 3-1 given some key guns have yet to play and some guns who missed Sat. Forget his name but some kid ripped us apart last year who didnt play

Feedback from a few OS boys n campus during the week was they were wrapped to snag away points, rated Bernies who apparently have a few to return based on after match catch up.

St Bernards school produces an incredible number of quality footballers every year. the only issue is getting them to play ammos when they can make huge coin for less travel in the essendon leagues.

Although I think caulf will be relegated this year I think they will be straight back up and even better. A good young team who just need a few more years.

With an extreme lack of confidence:

Old Trinity v St. Bedes
Caulfield v De La
Blues v Carey
Xavs v Bernies
Collegians v Scotchies

I'm thinking games 1, 2 and 3 could really go either way. 4 and 5 far more predictable, I reckon.

With confidence;
- Trinity (Rambo to kick 10)
- De La (Way to good for young Caulfield)
- Blues (By a few goals)
- Xavs (By more than a few goals)
- Collegians (Closer than you think)

Old Trinity v St. Bedes - Only due to home ground and a confidence boost after last week.
Caulfield v De La Salle - Just travelling better.
Uni Blues v Old Carey - Toss a coin.
Old Xavs v St Bernards - Too good at home.
Collegians v Old Scotch - The Cardinals are travelling well and have improved, but not enough.

Some interesting numbers, we played Dela Sat, thought we would trot in as per tips. They are going pretty well at 3-1 given some key guns have yet to play and some guns who missed Sat. Forget his name but some kid ripped us apart last year who didnt play

Feedback from a few OS boys n campus during the week was they were wrapped to snag away points, rated Bernies who apparently have a few to return based on after match catch up.

That would be Brett Eddy. Still a few weeks away but he can really play. Aaron Shields a Woodrow medallist has only played 1 game, another Woodrow medallist and club captain David Lowe played his first game last week, Matt Moore has played 1 and Leigh Harrison, a top liner in this comp, is yet to play a game. Despite a big turn over already this year we seem to be able to cover them. It’s when you are forced to play 50 in the seniors by the half way mark of the season that kills you which is De La encountered last year. Not saying we are a match for Collegians and Xavs at the moment but we seem to be going ok. Comp is so even that you have to be up every week.

Local paper saying ex Tiger and Bulldog Nathan Brown is going to play this week for Caulfield Grammarians. Would be fantastic for the comp and we look forward to playing against him if that’s the case. Anyone from Caulfield able to confirm?

Local paper saying ex Tiger and Bulldog Nathan Brown is going to play this week for Caulfield Grammarians. Would be fantastic for the comp and we look forward to playing against him if that’s the case. Anyone from Caulfield able to confirm?

Looks like his first game will be this week according to reports, and word is that he will play a few games this season.

If he hasn't been training for long he's going to take a while to make any real impact on the field, and if he does play this week i can't see it making any difference to the result against a team as organised as De la.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back