Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caulfield v Old Scotchies - We are due!
Collegians v Uni Blues
St Bernards v Old Carey
Old Xavs v SBMT
Old Trinity v De La Salle
Sorry Keano, no you aren't, a very important couple of weeks for the Powell/Anderson partnership, Scotch to salute by 3 goals.
Old Carey, I keep picking them, although I hope my fellow brothers beat them down!
The Lions easily
OX by paaaaalenty.
De La at the home of Rambo, although an upset would not be a shock.

Sorry Keano, no you aren't, a very important couple of weeks for the Powell/Anderson partnership, Scotch to salute by 3 goals.
Old Carey, I keep picking them, although I hope my fellow brothers beat them down!
The Lions easily
OX by paaaaalenty.
De La at the home of Rambo, although an upset would not be a shock.

Re: doing my tips,

Scotch v Caufs. Scotch have the knack of jumping out of the blocks, get to half time and stop.
Colls v Uni Blues. Colls at home.
Bernis v Carey. At home Bernies. One Yze short maybe all it takes?
Xavs v SBMT. I agree, by heeeeaps.
Trinity v De la. Home of Rambo, I think it may just may happen.

Caulfield v Scotchies
Collegians v Blues
Bernies v Old Carey
Xavs v SBMT
Old Trinity v DLS

Caulfield v Old Scotch Every round from here on will have an upset, plus l don't like Scotch
Collegians v Blues Will be back on track
Bernies x Old Carey Panthers have a good record out there
Xavs v SBMT Cruising
Old Trinity v De La Maybe 2 upsets in a round

Panthers good record at the Snakepit continues. Very ordinary 1st half but late in the 3rd kicked 6 straight. Bernies a very young outfit, 11 were 20 y.o. or younger. Panthers blooded 2 more today.
Next week is a big test on Sunday at Elsternwick.....Xavs.

Saw one of the best quarters of football today. I've never seen Xavs so rattled. Coaches were pulling their hair out.
However it's a 4 quarter game. What happened in the last 3 quarters?

Max, have to disagree. Xavs were outplayed in the first quarter, but I have never seen a calmer and more chilled coaching panel. Gowers and Landrigan barely made a sound. I listened to Andy's quarter time address and he never raised his voice. His message was to tighten up and win the contested ball. His final comment was to just say 'turn it on'. I guess you know now there was a 12 goal turnaround and Xavs were comfortable 5 goal winners.

Saw one of the best quarters of football today. I've never seen Xavs so rattled. Coaches were pulling their hair out.
However it's a 4 quarter game. What happened in the last 3 quarters?
Agree that St Bedes looked very polished, particularly in the first quarter. That cluster they used in the forward half worked a treat. As did their centre clearance work.

However, I thought Xavs worked their way back into the game in the second quarter even though St Bedes still held the ascendency. They then took control after half time. Didn't notice any panic from the Xavs crew at any stage.

The umps made a few howlers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about Howat, but Rowe not protected when ive seen him play. To demonstrative and chats back. Umps don't like him at all. Good win by Carey as they had to bring in players 45 and 45 for the year from the under 19's after they lost ruckman and fullback from week before.

Meant to read 45 and 46
Whatever the reason/s are, Uni Blues are half the team they were at the start of the season.
I dont know if any of you noticed the disgraceful email posted on their website, sat evening.
Its the last thing they needc to read. Thankfuly pulled down pretty quickly. Doesnt do anyone any good..

Whatever the reason/s are, Uni Blues are half the team they were at the start of the season.
I dont know if any of you noticed the disgraceful email posted on their website, sat evening.
Its the last thing they needc to read. Thankfuly pulled down pretty quickly. Doesnt do anyone any good..

Do tell. Sounds interesting!

not so protected that they didnt both get right hooks, neither with report. Number 17 likes to swing away in particular.
Similarly if they are protected, then Yze is crucified. Mauled all day without a single free-kick. I think the lesson is , win some, lose some when it comes to umpires

Too many supporters are one eyed. The guys doing the broadcast mentioned that St Bernard's were throwing a few and that they should have concentrated their aggression on the ball not the man. Was a nice slap.
At Toorak Park, there were a bunch of STBM supporters who rather than enjoy the great first quarter, we're screaming out at what they considered a lob sided free kick count against them. This douche got to 8-0 which he continually screamed out. Problem was anytime STBM got a free he conveniently ignored it. It was cringeable

Another interesting round of ‘A’ grade. Those who tipped Trinity (and there were more than 1) got it horribly wrong. De La super impressive while the Ts are really battling. Of their 2 best players one is a pensioner and the other is on one leg. Have enormous respect for Trinity. Good club and have admired their ability to win against the odds but they will find it tough from here.

Word from the pit is that the Bernies should have had it stitched up by half time. Allowed Carey a sniff and didn’t they take it. Amazing 3rd quarter against a pretty good side at a venue where visitors find it hard to win. St Bernards surely now cooked. 2 games and big % out of the four. With only 6 to play they will need to win them all and hope that Carey and Scotch drop 3.

Tigers showed they have some talent and while not getting the win look to be travelling much better than the other two in the relegation zone. Might be safe but still not over the line.

Uni Blues. Except on paper where they look pretty bloody good they are ordinary in every way. Ordinary team, ordinary tactics and to be honest pretty ordinary blokes.

Another interesting round of ‘A’ grade. Those who tipped Trinity (and there were more than 1) got it horribly wrong. De La super impressive while the Ts are really battling. Of their 2 best players one is a pensioner and the other is on one leg. Have enormous respect for Trinity. Good club and have admired their ability to win against the odds but they will find it tough from here.

Word from the pit is that the Bernies should have had it stitched up by half time. Allowed Carey a sniff and didn’t they take it. Amazing 3rd quarter against a pretty good side at a venue where visitors find it hard to win. St Bernards surely now cooked. 2 games and big % out of the four. With only 6 to play they will need to win them all and hope that Carey and Scotch drop 3.

Tigers showed they have some talent and while not getting the win look to be travelling much better than the other two in the relegation zone. Might be safe but still not over the line.

Uni Blues. Except on paper where they look pretty bloody good they are ordinary in every way. Ordinary team, ordinary tactics and to be honest pretty ordinary blokes.

Not sure about Howat, but Rowe not protected when ive seen him play. To demonstrative and chats back. Umps don't like him at all. Good win by Carey as they had to bring in players 45 and 45 for the year from the under 19's after they lost ruckman and fullback from week before.

I don't think the umps have had any time for Rowe since he abused the crap out of one of them a couple of years ago and copped weeks. No doubt it was heavily discussed amongst the 'white' fraternity - whom we all know have long memories.;)

who wins the flag this year?
Alot of teams are putting there hands up such as dela and collegians but i reakon xavs with fight to the end and do what they do best and that is win flags.

who wins the flag this year?
Alot of teams are putting there hands up such as dela and collegians but i reakon xavs with fight to the end and do what they do best and that is win flags.

Very insightful. It is clearly a three horse race, at this stage all teams are tracking fairly well and all have players to come back in. I would tend to agree with you, I think Xavs are going to be hard to toss, but i would not be putting money on any team, all travelling pretty well.

Very insightful. It is clearly a three horse race, at this stage all teams are tracking fairly well and all have players to come back in. I would tend to agree with you, I think Xavs are going to be hard to toss, but i would not be putting money on any team, all travelling pretty well.
I agree with the previous two comments re: the Premiers. Tragicaly it could all go down to the conditions of the day.
Knowing Elsternwick Park it could be gale force winds off the bay, accompanied by rain and hail to make an absolute debacle of what should be a "show case" game. Why the member clubs of VAFA continue to put up with this sub standard playing surface and environment is beyound me. Why another arena/ground cant be secured for the final series is just a joke. The answer is simple of course, the Amateur competition is run by amateurs. Its just a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back