A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this forum for if not to beat our own drum and generate some chatter? It's all in good fun, and the term "rookie error" is a fallacy, particularly in an anonymous on-line forum like this one. An opinion, one that is, admittedly an excited and hopeful one, is still just an opinion. And believe me, I was just as hopeful at the start of the 2011 season when we lost the first 3 rounds by a collective 360-odd points! As for the 6 newbies - don't we all have them at this stage?! By the way, which of our 2012 opponents do you follow?

Fair play, happy to banter on with and get this thread happening. M team is a few levels below.

Good to see some banter. A Section will be very strong next season no doubt. I'm sure the Bernies boys will be happy to avoide relegation first up.
My tip is St Bede's Mentone at this very early stage, have some mega recruits x 8

Yes good to see some banter happening and I have to agree with Brian. Bit early to be nominating a favourite at this stage but the 3 SBMT recruits mentioned earlier will make an already strong side even better. Some good U19s coming up also but as expected it will be off set by the loss of a few handy types. Seems Uni Blues have added a couple of well-performed recruits to their line up also. They were not far of the pace in 2011 either

‘A’ grade was cracker last year. Any side capable of beating the other and 2 pretty well performed teams getting relegated. Neither OMs nor OH were easy beats and in other years would have comfortably avoided relegation. This year looks like being the same. Looking forward to reacquainting ourselves with the Snakepit. Always enjoyed going out there in the old ACC days.

I don't really expect any of the other 8 Premier div sides to take any real notice of us at all. You and I obviously have way too much time on our hands to be going at it in early December..

Correct on two fronts Bernards2012: The other teams aren't taking any notice of you, and you really do have too much time on your hands. Get a job.

I see next years fixture has just been released. Here is round 1: -

Week 1

Sat 21 April

De La Salle v Old Scotch Waverley Oval
Caulfield Grammarians v St Bernard's Glenhuntly Oval
Old Trinity v Old Xaverians Marles Playing Field
St Bede's/Mentone Tigers v Old Carey Brindisi Street
University Blues v Collegians Melbourne University Oval

Give you a tip Bernardssssss....and agree with some that your boys are just ok! gF day was not a great display from where I was sitting especially from "Merrrrro" and that other scared rat with the long hair off half back (shit he was embarrassing). The other 9 clubs in Premier would be slightly happy but seeing junk is taking training must mean they're Monty's for top 4! But seriously , Danny Burne is the only good thing that ever come out of the pit.....apart from the Gollum bros! Oh and let us know who the 2-3 talls are as we'Re all sooooo trucking scared!! As for Caulf, they made you look silly without even tryen. See ya

have you seen one josh madden play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phibbs and Power have taken up assistant roles at Mazenod.

On top of this, interesting statement posted in Karingal FC's website

Karingal FNC is pleased to announce
1. The Signing of James Tyquin. James comes from St Bedes Mentone (A Grade Amateurs) where he was Captain and adds to our already strengthened Midfield for 2012. James is a quality player (VAFA Squad Member) & quality person and we look forward to his skills, leadership & expertise in 2012 & beyond

St. Bogans look like they have a lot of Marcellin about them. Losing quality players to local clubs who have coin.

St. Bogans look like they have a lot of Marcellin about them. Losing quality players to local clubs who have coin.

The rumour mill is certainly in full swing in relation to SBMT.

It currently looks to be James Tyquin to Karingal, Phibbs to Mazenod, Sam Anstey to Mordialloc (the Scafidi brothers are also rumoured to potentially be headed to Mordialloc, but this one sounds weaker than the other scuttlebutt).

James Tyquin is the heart & soul of that club, he screams future captain & is a massive loss. It always happens in the amatuers, if you aren't a blueblood school side with old boy networks, the lure of cash in local leagues kills you.

It looks like Uni Blues have made a big transition this year. A few big name recruits & big structure players too, they have always had classy midfielders/medium sized players but apart from Watts, their lack of quality key sized players has killed them.

This has changed massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back