A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-St Kilda rookie ruckman (208cm) Blake McGrath playing at St Bedes. When asked why he was playing there he replied "They have offered me a good deal." Hmmmm.....

So how much did he tell you they are paying him? I hope that on that behalf of all other ammo club you are going to inform VAFA HQ that St Bedes clearly paying players.

Or did he actually just say he is on a good deal..… as in they have lined up employment, networks, time off training to study, pursue a career etc etc

I think Super if you dig a bit deeper you will discover that the Beverage, Dwyer, St Kilda connection is what clinched this, has nothing to do with money.

Pretty shithouse that you dirty his name before he even plays a game in the comp, and qoute him verbatim when he is actually buying a raffle ticket from you. Why dont you come out and tell everyone who you are? Not fair at all, massive dislike.

So how much did he tell you they are paying him? I hope that on that behalf of all other ammo club you are going to inform VAFA HQ that St Bedes clearly paying players.

Or did he actually just say he is on a good deal..… as in they have lined up employment, networks, time off training to study, pursue a career etc etc

I think Super if you dig a bit deeper you will discover that the Beverage, Dwyer, St Kilda connection is what clinched this, has nothing to do with money.

There is no way St Bedes would be offering any $$$ package to any player - it is utter rubbish.

The power brokers at Mazenod and St Bedes got together last year or the year before to see if they could learn anything from each other in regards to the running of their clubs and finances. We were very suprised to hear such a successful A-Grade club (recent as it may be) were facing the same challenges we were in regards to sponsorship and were working to a similar budget to us.

I really take my hat off to them for getting themselves into their current position with the limited resources (compared to other A Grade clubs) at their disposal.

There is no way St Bedes would be offering any $$$ package to any player - it is utter rubbish.

The power brokers at Mazenod and St Bedes got together last year or the year before to see if they could learn anything from each other in regards to the running of their clubs and finances. We were very suprised to hear such a successful A-Grade club (recent as it may be) were facing the same challenges we were in regards to sponsorship and were working to a similar budget to us.

I really take my hat off to them for getting themselves into their current position with the limited resources (compared to other A Grade clubs) at their disposal.

Agree GN. Was a cheap shot but to the posters credit he deleted the post. He is a fair-minded and balanced poster who usually makes a valuable contribution even though he is a SFL man.

As a fellow ACC school I can appreciate the difficulties you face. Our club works incredibly hard at developing our 19s as we don’t have the resources and networks to attract big names straight out of the AFL like some APS schools. As such it stings a bit more when they get lured away for $ but what can you do. Just wish them well and hope they come back eventually.

Agree there is no way that St Bedes would damage there hard earned reputation by paying someone. If they had some cash to throw around they would not have had the big exodus of players this pre-season.

If they had some cash to throw around they would not have had the big exodus of players this pre-season. [/QUOTE]

I heard that this is the exact reason so many have left, after the amnesty last year St Bede's thought that had pushed the 'envelope' far enough.

Sorry lads, never intended it to be a cheap shot. As an avid reader of these forums, I thought it was an interesting comment considering the amnesty as well as the continued speculation and insinuations regarding the off-field dealings of some clubs.
As someone who knows many people at St Bedes, I can only speak with very high regard as to how they run their club and the way they have developed it since the merger (yes that was some time ago!)
FWIW, the money in local footy is obscene and no league has felt it more than the VAFA. As you are aware, local clubs are offering ridiculous $$$ at players that can only be described as mediocre.
For the good of grass roots footy it has to stop.

Sorry lads, never intended it to be a cheap shot. As an avid reader of these forums, I thought it was an interesting comment considering the amnesty as well as the continued speculation and insinuations regarding the off-field dealings of some clubs.
As someone who knows many people at St Bedes, I can only speak with very high regard as to how they run their club and the way they have developed it since the merger (yes that was some time ago!)
FWIW, the money in local footy is obscene and no league has felt it more than the VAFA. As you are aware, local clubs are offering ridiculous $$$ at players that can only be described as mediocre.

I can't recall SBMT ever being involved in any of that type of speculation or insinuation.

joke Freak

You pay players and come on here saying it has to stop and then have a crack at St Bedes because you missed out on a player they snatched from ya.

They never snatched him from us Carl, we had no interest in him, we have enough ruckmen as it is! Pakenham, North Ringwood are two clubs I know of that were keen on luring him and I'm guessing Pines would have been keen for him to stay.

I wasn't saying paying players has to stop, but over-paying players does. There are some stupid figiures being thrown about to ordinary, at best, players at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm continually amazed at just how many people connected with other 'clubs' and other 'leagues' seem to know so much of the inner operations of SBMT!!

If you were a regular follower, supporter or volunteer contributor, player or coach then the many reasons why some players are moving from Brindisi Street would be known to you...and shock horror there are a numbr of them from personal to career development, to coaching ambitions, to playing in a different league/lesser or better standard/opportunity to play regular senior level/financial enducements, playing with mates, moving back to the country etc...

And here's a tip a number of the so called 'clearances' on the VAFA list didn't play in 2011 or haven't played for a number of years.

My mail is that the new coaching panel at Brindisi Street were completely aware of the generational change that was going to occur in 2012/2013/2014 and that with a stong junior structure they are in position to bring through a new group for the club.

And like all clubs they are no going to sit back and not try and recruit players to Premier VAFA football...like a 208cm rookie ruckman who shares a house with other SBMT players, and naturally others who may yet be there.

SBMT have lost good players in the past 5 years to local and country leagues offering money to come and play for them...did they stop them?...and the some of the same players return/are returning having experienced life on the other side of the footy fence.

The players have taken everyone connected with SBMT on an incredible journey in recent years, one that I've been thrilled to have been a small part of on the inside and one that will be remembered for many years to come.

A new/changing group will add their own chapter to the story and I for one look forward to watching it happen.

OSOM

W

OSOM

Love the pride, however 40 players departing from any club must be of some concern whether they are senior players - old or young, end of the day thats 40 individuals (more to come I believe) that have decided they do not want to be part of the club anymore- thats the concern.

I have heard the rumours like you and not going to post here, but Im hoping the good people at Brindis are not walking around in denial that something maybe fundamentally wrong.

Great young kids coming through, but majority of clubs have them as well.

Hope club can stay up, but it is going to hard.

all the best

CC

Carey losing a few. Carl peterson and Crozier understandable if they play VFL. Willingham to Black seems strange?

They have gained a few as well. Rimington from SANFL (Woodville-West Torrens) and Damien Yze (goal kicking machine from Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley League).

They have gained a few as well. Rimington from SANFL (Woodville-West Torrens) and Damien Yze (goal kicking machine from Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley League).

Does this mean that they will have gained enough to have a Thirds side this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back