A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon AM is lacking a funny bone Canada!
Well! I do have a crack a humour. Often misses the mark I'd have to admit.

Were you about when a Super Mod moved in to clean-up a board that was little more than a continual shit fight and when we lost many very good posters because of it? I'd guess not.

Agree, there's some brilliant material, most from when OEG were on the rise. Jono Horn as Scribe 2 was great as was SMG and The Big Pineapple, great fun days.

Perhaps Hansie.
Big footy fans should do and have a read of Most Ordinary blokes in the VAFA threads.
Threads on Old Essendon and some of the characters returning serve from that club. Jase's 'best of' threads with 14 Hampton Players. And many more.
Hilarious stuff.

Agreed - there were some crackers, and plenty of permanent red cards.

Sometimes I felt the fall out from a few going OTT was greater than the amusement when people were getting it right with humour and the odd dig.

Anyhow, many of us grow out of it, whilst other still hang around. Nothing wrong with either option.

Perhaps Hansie.
Big footy fans should do and have a read of Most Ordinary blokes in the VAFA threads.
Threads on Old Essendon and some of the characters returning serve from that club. Jase's 'best of' threads with 14 Hampton Players. And many more.
Hilarious stuff.
This is gold...... image.png

Well! I do have a crack a humour. Often misses the mark I'd have to admit.

Were you about when a Super Mod moved in to clean-up a board that was little more than a continual shit fight and when we lost many very good posters because of it? I'd guess not.
I vaguely remember the old board - I came on in 06. Remember the pineapple etc. Didn't know the mods needed to clean it up, thought some of the banter was pretty funny!

I vaguely remember the old board - I came on in 06. Remember the pineapple etc. Didn't know the mods needed to clean it up, thought some of the banter was pretty funny!
Some was mate. Just not much. In the time I've been on the board I haven't seen a case where the powers-that-be felt a board was so out-of-hand a Super Mod was seconded to clean it up and in the process get rid of the multi aliased posters who were the root cause of the problems.

There are some top posters here. Let's hope we don't lose any of them or they get suffocated by the bullies and abusers.

Anyway, back to the footy. For what it's worth, my mail is that if Strauss plays VAFA footy - and that's no sure thing - it is most likely to be at Skevvies.

Strauss confirmed going to SKOBs.
Young Joshua Wallis is leaving though and heading over the bridge to St Bernards.

Hope for their sake they get more than a season out of him. Despite the denials I heard that a job with the vitamin company was the carrot. I wonder who will run his dad’s business now?

Young Wallis is from that side of the bridge anyway and played all his juniors at St Bernards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2016 bnf winner phil edgar and team of the year member brad mccan also won't be be lining up for skob this year
That's impressive, he's won the B and F already? Phil will be back before round 1. I'd suggest losing only one player from the premiership team is an outstanding outcome, considering there were half a dozen injured who would have played who missed out on the game.

Again, I'm more interested in how OX are going to go considering two of their hyped recruits will miss more than half the season o/s, whilst another will be lucky to play one game as he will be at Collingwood VFL every week.

Last edited:
Hope for their sake they get more than a season out of him. Despite the denials I heard that a job with the vitamin company was the carrot. I wonder who will run his dad’s business now?

Young Wallis is from that side of the bridge anyway and played all his juniors at St Bernards.
You are fibbing and you know it. Scotch have a recent history of making big promises and not delivering, just ask Eugene Routmann.

That's impressive, he's won the B and F already? Phil will be back before round 1. I'd suggest losing only one player from the premiership team is an outstanding outcome, considering there were half a dozen injured who would have played who missed out on the game.

Again, I'm more interested in how OX are going to go considering two of their hyped recruits will miss more than half the season o/s, whilst another will be lucky to play one game as he will be at Collingwood VFL every week.

Xavs have great depth and will not be too worried about a few travellers and someone playing VFL. Xavs encourages both. The club, whilst always keen to add trophies to the bulging cabinet, fosters more than just on field success. Young bucks making a go overseas is both encouraged and celebrated. Good on them. There is always someone desperate to step up from below.

Please feel free to provide some names there Brian.

You would have been lucky to have half a dozen injured players across the whole club I would have thought.

Also, I believe Wallis played the majority of games at SKOB's last year and only couple with the VFL side? Handy pickup for Snowdogs nonetheless.

You would have been lucky to have half a dozen injured players across the whole club I would have thought.

Also, I believe Wallis played the majority of games at SKOB's last year and only couple with the VFL side? Handy pickup for Snowdogs nonetheless.
Kanakis Gleeson McMaster Nash & Andrews all missed.

Last edited:

Josh played 5 games or so from memory, hoping he gets more VFL time this year. I think we played around 48 senior players last year, something like that anyway. Off the top of my head without looking into it Andrews, Kanakis, C Gleeson, Nash, McMaster would have played in the GF if fit. We also had several blokes who had played too many seniors games to play in the ressies second final, so that didn't work out too well.

Xavs have great depth and will not be too worried about a few travellers and someone playing VFL. Xavs encourages both. The club, whilst always keen to add trophies to the bulging cabinet, fosters more than just on field success. Young bucks making a go overseas is both encouraged and celebrated. Good on them. There is always someone desperate to step up from below.
Noonan and Wynne are no ordinary players.

Noonan and Wynne are no ordinary players.

Agreed. But if they had no plans to travel, would they be playing Ammos in 2016?
Perhaps that's what got them back in some capacity?
A pot, whilst not as nice as a pint is better than a glass of water is it not?

Josh played 5 games or so from memory, hoping he gets more VFL time this year. I think we played around 48 senior players last year, something like that anyway. Off the top of my head without looking into it Andrews, Kanakis, C Gleeson, Nash, McMaster would have played in the GF if fit. We also had several blokes who had played too many seniors games to play in the ressies second final, so that didn't work out too well.
That didn't help your great ressies coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back