Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Mercy! How are you supposed to stop a team that has recruited Gilbee, Smith, Young and Gallagher? All players with AFL experience that still have plenty to offer. Add that quartet to Watts, Prendergast, Nash (if he stays) etc and they look close to unbackable as flag favourites. If Sommers plays we might as well hand over the silverware now!

Would like to know how they managed to recruit 4 ex AFL blokes in the one season. Must have some decent networks and connections down at the uni.
I'd be surprised if they all lined up Rooster. For example, just why Lindsay Gilbee would play 'for the love of the game' when he could pick-up very good coin anywhere in the country mystifies me. I've been surprised before though.

You guys will get a feel for their on field assets a few weeks before the season kicks off as I see you have a praccy lined up against them for Sat 16th March.

BTW. Who's their 2013 senior coach?

I'd be surprised if they all lined up Rooster. For example, just why Lindsay Gilbee would play 'for the love of the game' when he could pick-up very good coin anywhere in the country mystifies me. I've been surprised before though.

You guys will get a feel for their on field assets a few weeks before the season kicks off as I see you have a praccy lined up against them for Sat 16th March.

BTW. Who's their 2013 senior coach?

The love of the game argument against $ applies to a lot of quality VAFA players AM. Maybe a decent job, good business contacts and the flexibility afforded by not having to commit to every match and training session due to not being paid was an attraction. Blues are quite bullish about all 4 playing and if the do they will be a formidable outfit. As far a know Fergus Watts still coaching.

Not sure that many of them will be stepping out in mid March however

adam Pattison informed Box Hill this week that he is back flipping on his commitment to play with the Box Hill Hawks in 2013 to play Ammo football - got to love the "AMATEUR STATUS" of this comp.

adam Pattison informed Box Hill this week that he is back flipping on his commitment to play with the Box Hill Hawks in 2013 to play Ammo football - got to love the "AMATEUR STATUS" of this comp.

As an outsider looking in, I can sympathise with your barbs. However, as a club insider peering out, I can tell you that a good job found within the club network not only dwarfs in $$ what other leagues (afl not included) can offer players, but said job is something that can last for the next 30 plus years. Ammos is peerless in facilities and culture.
It's a no brainier.

He went to school at Parade but you would think a return at D2 level was unlikely. Carey seem have all the connections with the Hawks so if an ‘A’ grade club my money would be on them. Just hope it’s not Uni Blues so the rest of us have a chance in 2013.

C’mon Obscene spill the beans. Where’s he going?

Hows Nick Smith tracking for the uni blues??

Fergus Watts IS coaching Uni Blues.

Gillom McGlaughlin (apologise if spelling is incorrect) AFL 2nd Head Honcho and another AFL heavy (cant remember name) were/are Uni Blues Committee members.

AFL has over 900 employees, another 4 wont hurt.....

I'm not looking to eat my words or offend you, but I have heard of some mega recruits on the grapevine that could put yours to shame.
Don't know much about Pratt and Considine, although if you are pinning your hopes on him you may be a little misplaced. Bentick is good but injury prone and Clarke is 31, the issue is that every other club in Premier is doing the same thing, so you would be a little silly thinking you are going to dominate. Personally the scariest player in the comp IMO will be the ex Sandy Zebras captain at Uni Blues, hits hard and is a monster.

my old man used to tell me you are only as good as your last game... Clarke kicked 7 goals in the first half of the 2012 Ballarat league GF playing on a wing.

Pratt was 3rd in bendigo league b and f and country state player.

just to let you know.

Different McLachlan clan then.:)
maccaa.jpg

my old man used to tell me you are only as good as your last game... Clarke kicked 7 goals in the first half of the 2012 Ballarat league GF playing on a wing.

Pratt was 3rd in bendigo league b and f and country state player.

just to let you know.
Impressive for those two lads, how many did Clarke kick in the second half?
I'm sticking with Uni Blues, good luck to anyone playing on Gaggs, I would seriously tell my coach to go and get f....d if he told me I was playing on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The era of Old Xavs dominance is finished, will not win a flag for a long time, their school footy programme struggles to compete with the other big schools now. If I'm wrong and it's not this year, it will happen sooner rather than later.

The era of Old Xavs dominance is finished, will not win a flag for a long time, their school footy programme struggles to compete with the other big schools now. If I'm wrong and it's not this year, it will happen sooner rather than later.

then explain how they keep on finishing top 2 in the unders every season? least they can have a team dominant in 19 premier... unlike the so called strong school sides in Collegians Carey Skevs Brighton etc...

Too funny re Xavs. They always do well at school - I'm sure they won more than they lost last year. Skevs have done well lately, but Old Xavs don't have them to worry about in A.
83 players at first Xavs preseason, 40 plus of them kids from school and unders.
They will be fine and always a flag threat.

I won't tip them this year however as they have lost 7 very good players, and young good players to VFL.

I'm hearing some very good things out of Scotch and Uni Blues. GF Quinella.

Too funny re Xavs. They always do well at school - I'm sure they won more than they lost last year. Skevs have done well lately, but Old Xavs don't have them to worry about in A.
83 players at first Xavs preseason, 40 plus of them kids from school and unders.
They will be fine and always a flag threat.

I won't tip them this year however as they have lost 7 very good players, and young good players to VFL.

I'm hearing some very good things out of Scotch and Uni Blues. GF Quinella.

There's been plenty of talk about Uni Blues, but not much on Scotch so far. What's the latest word there?

Scotches travelling nicely from what I have heard, no big names just building from within.

Old Xavs will always be strong, silly comment, their school side was pretty good last year also.

Scotches travelling nicely from what I have heard, no big names just building from within.

Old Xavs will always be strong, silly comment, their school side was pretty good last year also.

Thank goodness...the great man has returned from his self imposed exile! I must say that I do agree with what you have written Briza

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back