B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauy have some tough game ahead.
Caulfield not hopeless for finals.
Haileybury..so close. Too good to go down.
Carey’s further % boost over Blacks means that they will play Snowdogs first week of finals.
Parkdale safe.

Carey’s further % boost over Blacks means that they will play Snowdogs first week of finals.
Parkdale safe.
Good morning Hippster.

For Beauie to miss finals, Caulfield will need to beat Bernards next round, in my opinion.

Whilst Beauie has two away games against Carey and Blacks, they will start favourites to win their round 18 home game against Old Haileybury.

If Caulfield win 2 of their last 3, Beauie need to lose all 3 for Caulfield to play finals.

I accept OH are competitive, but to beat Beauie at Beauie will be a very tough assignment.

Yesterday Beauie had 3 senior players in their ressies. Their full back, onballer (Dean) and ruckman/FFwd - all coming back from long term injury. And all were impressive. They will bolster Beauie leading into Finals.

I would be expecting that Beauie make the top four one game clear of Caulfield.

It goes without saying that AJAX v Monash next round is a huge game in the relegation stakes. Winner stays up?

Good morning Hippster.

For Beauie to miss finals, Caulfield will need to beat Bernards next round, in my opinion.

Whilst Beauie has two away games against Carey and Blacks, they will start favourites to win their round 18 home game against Old Haileybury.

If Caulfield win 2 of their last 3, Beauie need to lose all 3 for Caulfield to play finals.

I accept OH are competitive, but to beat Beauie at Beauie will be a very tough assignment.

Yesterday Beauie had 3 senior players in their ressies. Their full back, onballer (Dean) and ruckman/FFwd - all coming back from long term injury. And all were impressive. They will bolster Beauie leading into Finals.

I would be expecting that Beauie make the top four one game clear of Caulfield.

Hey B99,
I also expect the Sharks to make it. They are good side. Can def knock off one of Blacks or Carey on the way home. Particularly as it seems that they are coming back to full strength, whereas the other two seem to be getting major key late injuries/absentees.
Ernest, Beasley, Sam Bennett, Robbins, Broderick, Mahon, Richardson all missing from Blacks line up. Not sure what the story is with Mahon, but they need him to impact finals.
I’d be tipping the Sharks in the elimination final over Blacks if Blacks roll out yesterday’s team.

With 3 rounds to go, and based on actual results achieved by the top 6 tipsters this past 4-5 weeks, it seems we are down to a competition between the two leaders....not sure anybody will catch Archangel17 or Bedford, but separated by one tip, either of these two can win it....

Parkdale safe.
One Carey player I have been harping on about is Guy Dickson - notable that Port Melbourne did not release him on the weekend. So he needs to play every remaining game for Carey to qualify for finals - so doubtful that happens. Would have been very handy for them in finals.

One Carey player I have been harping on about is Guy Dickson - notable that Port Melbourne did not release him on the weekend. So he needs to play every remaining game for Carey to qualify for finals - so doubtful that happens. Would have been very handy for them in finals.

Extremely handy. He’s a good player. But pretty entrenched at Port. No chance that he will play finals IMO.
Which is a worry for Carey as their forward stocks are low. No Jaksch and no Jones who are their two best key forwards. But their last two weeks have been awesome. So perhaps the Tigers like forward line is their new go.
Mr Jones is in rare form Bagman. 5 games to go assuming two finals. The big 100 goals is looking very likely.

Extremely handy. He’s a good player. But pretty entrenched at Port. No chance that he will play finals IMO.
Which is a worry for Carey as their forward stocks are low. No Jaksch and no Jones who are their two best key forwards. But their last two weeks have been awesome. So perhaps the Tigers like forward line is their new go.
Mr Jones is in rare form Bagman. 5 games to go assuming two finals. The big 100 goals is looking very likely.
30 in 3 weeks - so yes, he may get that done before finals. The Beauie FB was actually probably the best opponent he had this last 3 weeks, and he still kicked 9.4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 16
Old Carey to defeat Beaumaris by 20 points - Milne to play reserves and qualify for their finals as he is past it
Mazenod to lose BIG to Haileybury (48 points)
AJAX to defeat Monash Blues at home by 36 points in a real effort for Choco Williams (and coz Monash are terrible - sorry Les)
Uni Blacks to smash Parkdale by 72 points
St Bernards to defeat Caulfield by 42 points in their last game at the Snakepit - and remain undefeated at home in 2018 and 16 wins from 18 home games the past 2 seasons in Premier B

ROUND 16
Old Carey to defeat Beaumaris by 20 points - Milne to play reserves and qualify for their finals as he is past it
Mazenod to lose BIG to Haileybury (48 points)
AJAX to defeat Monash Blues at home by 36 points in a real effort for Choco Williams (and coz Monash are terrible - sorry Les)
Uni Blacks to smash Parkdale by 72 points
St Bernards to defeat Caulfield by 42 points in their last game at the Snakepit - and remain undefeated at home in 2018 and 16 wins from 18 home games the past 2 seasons in Premier B
What's happening to the snakepit ?

Bagman, where and when does the school team play it’s games (1stXVIII)?
Wednesday’s - on the main oval when at home. I believe they have made the Shield final again (or Semi Final). Simon Atkins still coaching the school side. Senior ruckman, Zach OHalloran, has a younger brother Xavier who is at the school. Captained Vic Metro this year and considered a 1st round draft prospect. Strong side apparently.

Bagman, where and when does the school team play it’s games (1stXVIII)?

I might be able to help there Darwin. Associated Catholic Colleges that play Wednesday arvo. Team include St Bernards, Whitefriars, St Bedes, De La Salle, Mazenod, Parade, St Joes Geelong, St Joes Fern T.G, Salesian, CBS, Emmanuel Altona and a few others. Smaller schools play in 2nd Div. Whitefriars and St Bernards have probably consistently been the strongest at senior level over the last decade or so.

Was previously a very, very strong comp but fair to say it is not what it once was. Some of the elite talent, at least in the East, gets picked off by the APS schools and TAC kids are discouraged from playing mid-week footy by their TAC clubs. As it is they don’t play for sheep stations there is less appetite to force these kids to play. However usually still plenty of talented kids running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back