B Section Premier B - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

OG fielded a side in their loss to SBMT with 41/42 allocated players points.

Beaumaris very dependent on their VFL players being available so no doubt if/when they are available they will win more than they lose and I agree, you think would finish 3rd.

4th to be a battle between De La Salle SBMT I believe.
From what I’ve seen there are 3 sides capable of making the GF. Beaumaris recent results surprise a bit, they were as good as any when Monash played them. The rest are making up the numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nardino is a super player, big loss for Beaumaris, don’t know his reasons but wonder if any players have left before clearances possibly due to the new Senior Coach
Beauy looking decidedly wobbly at the moment. Nardino is a gun. 2022 comp B&F and comfortably one of the best players in B grade. Players come and go but someone of his quality leaving for a 3rd division SFL club is absurd. He will take the absolute P155.

Must confess to being a tad nervous about our encounter with the Jackas today. After knocking off Beauy and leading St Bernards for much of the game before losing narrowly, we (DLS) should be well placed to consolidate a spot in the 4. However like many other clubs we have been slaughtered by mid-season travel. More the quality of the absences rather than the quantity but we are somewhat depleted at the moment. Realise we are not alone but cannot remember a season like this for mid-season player unavailability for reasons other than injury.

While it would be great to play finals it is all academic really as the top two look a class above. If we somehow managed to make a GF I fear what might await us in A grade. Bernies and Roys the best placed clubs and have the depth and top end quality to at least be competitive in the top grade.

Last edited:
St Bernard’s 44
Fitzroy 36
DeLa 28
Beaumaris 24

Old Geelong 24
SBMT 24
Trinity 20
Williamstown 16

Always seems to be a delay on VAFA website with the ladder being updated.

Trinity too good at the Frearson yesterday. As usual the Monash boys had a dip but just don’t have enough experience or depth. Well done to skipper Dan Easson who played his 100th yesterday. Fine player and great competitor.
interesting few minutes when the fire alarm went off and the scorers and timekeepers had to evacuate!

Cracking game at the Snakepit.

Bernies struggled at times to take their chances yet still held on against a Willi side who according to their captain afterwards was stoked with their effort. Very accurate in front of goal by comparison.

Williamstown appear to be playing some decent footy based on their last fortnight’s results.

OG and DeLa Salle in the next 2 weeks. They could be a major player in shaping the 4. No doubt they have aspirations to claw back some games and be in the conversation themselves.

Cracking game at the Snakepit.

Bernies struggled at times to take their chances yet still held on against a Willi side who according to their captain afterwards was stoked with their effort. Very accurate in front of goal by comparison.
The major reason for our supporter base being so pleased with the effort was that we had had 9 forced changes to the side that accounted for Beaumaris the week before [3 to the lure of a European summer, 2 up to the VFL and 4 injured {2 long term|}. To go with the undisputed [albeit wayward] competition leader for so long on their home track [scores were level at the 27 minute mark of the last quarter] was a testament to the commitment made by the playing group after consecutive 15 goal drubbings in rounds 1&2
If we can continue with this sort of dedicated effort then our future will be secure no matter what position on the ladder we occupy.

Reports of player disgruntlement at Beaumaris due to the new senior coach.

Also reports the 2022 Prem B League BnF winner Jak Nardino will return to the club once the new senior coach leaves.

Reports of player disgruntlement at Beaumaris due to the new senior coach.

Also reports the 2022 Prem B League BnF winner Jak Nardino will return to the club once the new senior coach leaves.

What a way to start your BF posting career.

Quite the bombshell tbh - I can't say I've heard much from from our seaside friends.

I hope it's not the case, they have always been a very professionally run community footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back