B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Usually very hard to beat on their home deck but they were very disappointing today. Have one of the biggest junior programs in the state but pulled their Thirds a few weeks back and today their ressies played with 18. I know that June/July can be a challenge with travel, injuries and waning interest but this must be a concern for the Beaumaris faithful. On another note, they are usually very well supported. Granted it was a putrid day weather wise a very sparse turn out by the home supporters today.

Happy to be corrected but hearing unconfirmed reports that Haileybury forfeited the 2s today. Surely the most dominant team in the grade can rustle up a reserves side. Concerning if true, especially in Prem B.
They have and the so called gun coach called every player from everywhere , he's NFG

Agree. Usually very hard to beat on their home deck but they were very disappointing today. Have one of the biggest junior programs in the state but pulled their Thirds a few weeks back and today their ressies played with 18. I know that June/July can be a challenge with travel, injuries and waning interest but this must be a concern for the Beaumaris faithful. On another note, they are usually very well supported. Granted it was a putrid day weather wise a very sparse turn out by the home supporters today.

Happy to be corrected but hearing unconfirmed reports that Haileybury forfeited the 2s today. Surely the most dominant team in the grade can rustle up a reserves side. Concerning if true, especially in Prem B.
Forfeit rumour seems to be off the mark as results page indicates that OH did field a reserves side, albeit with only 14 players named on the team sheet. Not surprising the scoreline was horrendous but kudos to those who fronted up. Cannot have been much fun on a cold wet day at Trinity.

Round 9 Honest Match Report
Caulfield v OI at Glenhuntly Reserve
Generally very good. Centre a little muddy.
3-4 goal wind favouring the race course end.

After a week in hospital it was good to get out.
OI introduced 2 debutants and with 6 changes from the previous week, and with Caulfield scarring OC the previous game, the game was a a toss of the coin.

But Caulfield had been raided by the VFL, which put OI in the slight ascendancy.

OI kicked with the wind and one of the debutants kicked a goal within the 1st minute which was counted by Caulfield immediately.
OI ended up kicking up 7 to 2 against. Those 2 goals were pivotal in keeping Caulfield in touch.

OI held Caulfield for the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd, but bang, 5 goals to nothing for the remainder of the quarter saw Caulfield take a slight lead into the half.

Caulfield came out in the 3rd quarter and went bang, bang, bang, and OI were looking down the barrel. No. 5 for Caulfield is a gun. OI finally got the ball going there way and dominated the last 20 minutes, kicking 6 to a freak goal to No. 5.

With a 11 point lead, OI knew that kicking into the wind was going to be a challenge.

This proved correct with Caulfield kicking 3 goals to lead the game by 6 points.

And arm wrestle ensued, with OI kicking the next 2 goals, one from a dubious shepherding and subsequent 50 metre penalty, saw OI hold on for a 6 point win.

That’s our 4th win by less than a goal.

Caulfield were very very brave, but at full kit will be very hard to beat. They Play their ground really well.

Game played in good spirits, but Caulfield conceded 3 goals from 50 metre penalties. All warranted.

Max “recuperating from a missing Gallbladder” Leader

Listening to Caulfield coach Guy McKenna on SEN , analysing coaching, should he look in his own backyard .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Listening to Caulfield coach Guy McKenna on SEN , analysing coaching, should he look in his own backyard .

Bluey's messaging to our players and coaches on umpires has been consistent for 18months and is the same thing you would have heard today. Doesn't mean they don't transgress and cop the result of it.

However I think only 1 of the 50m penalties was for back chat, the other 2 were a bit more technical rather than behavioural

Bluey's messaging to our players and coaches on umpires has been consistent for 18months and is the same thing you would have heard today. Doesn't mean they don't transgress and cop the result of it.

However I think only 1 of the 50m penalties was for back chat, the other 2 were a bit more technical rather than behavioural

He’s not getting results for obviously getting paid overs .

How do we see the top 4 unfolding, % splitting 5 teams is not something I've seen before.

OH top and flag favs
De La should finish top 2, need to win at least 1 away against OH, OT or OC.
Trinity formidable at home but a very tough month coming up - will define there season
OG's - May just hold onto 4th place, the win over De La pre bye could be huge in the context of their season
OI - My tip to finish 4th - could all come down to the final round against the ladder leaders
OC - regardless of the draw, I can't see them closing the % gap. Effectively an extra win needed. Great season after coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back