A Section Premier section 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would dispute the statement that Collegians have won more A Section flags than any other club.
The centenary history of the VAFA states that the first A Section premiership was in 1923.
The premiers between 1892 and 1922 are simply listed as premiers., no mention of A Section.

Take it as read, it was the Premier competition of the time.

View attachment 1090481
Just a reminder of the last game they played.

Who will they be playing in your humble opinion? I know SKOB only lost A Lynch and B Lloyd from that team whilst they and have added three full time ex AFL players including the massive T Boyd, who apparently destroyed Blackburn last Sundayand a handful of ex full time VFL players.

As also mentioned here by the Collegians tribe, they are looking super strong whilst I believe OM’s with the great Kornel Dachs on board and Old Brighton will be much improved.

I also believe Caulfield with B Eddy and J O’Rourke and their other gun recruits will be really strong as well. Add Uni Blues in as the 19th AFL club and it’s going to be a super tough competition for finals spots.

B Eddy at OC..... Is that the Eddy who played with De La a some years back??

B Eddy at OC..... Is that the Eddy who played with De La a some years back??

That's correct Flat Footy, it's the same Brett Eddy who has recently been kicking goals in the SANFL for fun, managed to snag 3 AFL games at Port Power in 2017 (good on him for living his childhood dream) and then won a couple of flags and a league B&F down at Vermont in the EFL.

He will be a serious headaches for most full backs!

Are you serious?
In the years before WW!, there was not more than 10 teams in the competition in each year.
How can this be described as the Premier competition?

...and another thought. A Grade Premier 2021 has 10 teams, A Grade Premier pre WW1 (on your figures) has 10 teams!!!!!!!!
Whats your point, if this is the logic your using?

View attachment 1090481

Who will they be playing in your humble opinion? I know SKOB only lost A Lynch and B Lloyd from that team whilst they and have added three full time ex AFL players including the massive T Boyd, who apparently destroyed Blackburn last Sunday as well as a handful of ex full time VFL players.

As also mentioned here by the Collegians tribe, they are looking super strong whilst I believe OM’s with the great Kornel Dachs on board and Old Brighton will be much improved.

I also believe Caulfield with B Eddy and J O’Rourke and their other gun recruits will be really strong as well. Add Uni Blues in as the 19th AFL club and it’s going to be a super tough competition for finals spots.

My mail is that it was a good first half and then Boyd tore it open in the third. Solid investment by skobs into a mental health initiative one would think...

On that though, how close is that sailing to the line on payment/inducement? Couple that with the shenanigans going on up at the Uni and there’s two clubs absolutely taking the piss out of the amateur ethos. Is it time for the vafa to join the Adelaide and Perth ‘ammo’ comps and become a paying league? Let’s be honest it’s happening by nefarious means now so let’s shine a light and get some transparency!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My mail is that it was a good first half and then Boyd tore it open in the third. Solid investment by skobs into a mental health initiative one would think...

On that though, how close is that sailing to the line on payment/inducement? Couple that with the shenanigans going on up at the Uni and there’s two clubs absolutely taking the piss out of the amateur ethos. Is it time for the vafa to join the Adelaide and Perth ‘ammo’ comps and become a paying league? Let’s be honest it’s happening by nefarious means now so let’s shine a light and get some transparency!

According to the VAFA clearances there are 22 players coming to clubs from the AFL, here’s the breakdown:
4 Old Scotch
4 Old Haileybury
4 Old Xaverians
3 Uni Blues
2 Old Brighton
1 Old Carey, Ormond, De La Salle, Collegians, Caulfield.

Unfortunately it doesn’t list the 2020 registrations.

Happy Easter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the VAFA clearances there are 22 players coming to clubs from the AFL, here’s the breakdown:
4 Old Scotch
4 Old Haileybury
4 Old Xaverians
3 Uni Blues
2 Old Brighton
1 Old Carey, Ormond, De La Salle, Collegians, Caulfield.

Unfortunately it doesn’t list the 2020 registrations.

Happy Easter.
Interesting stat but the numbers can be a bit deceptive. Haileybury may have 4 ex AFL players on their books but they are all VFL aligned and will likely play minimal VAFA games. (might see them next week against DLS as no VFL games until 17 April). On the other hand all those going to Uni Blues are full time VAFA.

Who cares, where’s Monkey Hippster?

I’m here. Need the season to fire up to come back a little more often. How’s your Brian Speaking Twitter account going? I was glad to see you kept that. Hipp..

Edit: Don't use real names please - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:

i think you're being very unfair on the WAAFL! They have been far more strict than the VAFA for at least the last decade.Those Uni/Skobs players you mention would be copping $2000 fines as well as being deregistered.

Edit: fixed quoting, seems to be mucking up more often for some reason - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:

The player points system is a joke and the VAFA should withdraw from AFL Victoria and revert back to reinstating AFL players who wish to play in the VAFA. Limit of one player per club per season, 'home' players excepted.

Ladder prediction for 2021 (VAFA footy is less than 4 days away)

1. St Kevins
2. Uni Blues
3. Old Melburnians
4. Collegians
5. Old Brighton
6. Old Xaverians
7. Caulfield Grammarians
8. St Bernards
9. Old Trinity
10. Old Scotch

Round 1 predictions

Old Trinity to beat Old Scotch by 11 points
Old Melburnians to beat Caulfield Grammarians by 27 points
Uni Blues to beat Old Brighton by 19 points
Old Xaverians to beat St Bernards by 33 points
St Kevins to beat Collegians by 14 points

View attachment 1090481

Who will they be playing in your humble opinion? I know SKOB only lost A Lynch and B Lloyd from that team whilst they and have added three full time ex AFL players including the massive T Boyd, who apparently destroyed Blackburn last Sunday as well as a handful of ex full time VFL players.

Yep and the game before they were within 2 goals of going straight into the GF. SKOB's were very slick that day and Xav's had holes forward, mid and back.

We will see. Schoenmakers, Robinson and Richards are pretty good additions amongst others. Long year and injuries will play a part. Blues 22 may be the best in the comp but doesn't sound like they have great depth. Collegians depth also questionable.

Old Trinity to lose to Old Scotch by 18 points
Old Melburnians to lose to Caulfield Grammarians by 6 points
Uni Blues to beat Old Brighton by 30 points
Old Xaverians to beat St Bernards by 30 points
SKOBS to beat Collegians by 14 points

Old Trinity to lose to Old Scotch by 18 points
Old Melburnians to lose to Caulfield Grammarians by 6 points
Uni Blues to beat Old Brighton by 30 points
Old Xaverians to beat St Bernards by 30 points
SKOBS to beat Collegians by 14 points

I'll take those too

Status