A Section Premier section 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

That's laughable they don't trace like the Eastern

Absolutely we get traced.

All transactions are via online accounting system Xero.

Bank statements submitted to back up the payments along with the declarations done pre-season and post season.

I know any system is open to be abused because nothing stops old school brown paper bags and other methods but at least something is in place to try and keep clubs honest.

How does EFL do it differently? Genuinely interested

Makes me chuckle as a district club who put up with the significant imbalance between district clubs and school clubs within the VAFA for over 30 years, to read the 'concern' about how clubs that pay in other comps, but scholarships and jobs are 'ok' as it's within 'the rules'.

ALL are a form of inducement and it's been happening for years and years ..... along with cash payments and other things. It's farcical to suggest otherwise and it will continue to happen both within and external of the VAFA for many years to come. Not saying it's right, but let's be honest about how it works in the VAFA.

Makes me chuckle as a district club who put up with the significant imbalance between district clubs and school clubs within the VAFA for over 30 years, to read the 'concern' about how clubs that pay in other comps, but scholarships and jobs are 'ok' as it's within 'the rules'.

ALL are a form of inducement and it's been happening for years and years ..... along with cash payments and other things. It's farcical to suggest otherwise and it will continue to happen both within and external of the VAFA for many years to come. Not saying it's right, but let's be honest about how it works in the VAFA.
It's important to remember Mr Chump that SKOBAFL wouldn't be the side they are today without the external AFL and other talent they brought in to start their promotion and dynasty. And the VAFA has been better for it. Along with Collegians and to a lesser extent Xavs. UNIAFL not so much.

Last edited:
It's important to remember Mr Chump that SKOBAFL wouldn't be the side they are today without the external AFL and other talent they brought in to start their promotion and dynasty. And the VAFA has been better for it. Along with Collegians and to a lesser extent Xavs. UNIAFL not so much.
Very true From45SlightAngle I think Scotch showed it this year as well, you need external talent to win flags. With the exception of SKOB in 2022, which was an outlier, it’s not realistic to think you can win at the highest level in the VAFA with home grown talent only.

Uni Blues intrigue me, with more than 55,000 students they feel the need to put half an AFL experienced club out each week. The same with Monash, I can’t understand why they aren’t an absolute dominant force.

Very true From45SlightAngle I think Scotch showed it this year as well, you need external talent to win flags. With the exception of SKOB in 2022, which was an outlier, it’s not realistic to think you can win at the highest level in the VAFA with home grown talent only.

Uni Blues intrigue me, with more than 55,000 students they feel the need to put half an AFL experienced club out each week. The same with Monash, I can’t understand why they aren’t an absolute dominant force.
Monash ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old brighton being the best side all year with 21 1 pointers and one 2 pointer. IF they had Hill on GF day they just might've got ALL the way there.

Old brighton being the best side all year with 21 1 pointers and one 2 pointer. IF they had Hill on GF day they just might've got ALL the way there.
Several of those boys weren’t Brighton Grammar lads. Scotch were also missing some elite talent in the GF.

OB were lucky to make the GF.

Several of those boys weren’t Brighton Grammar lads. Scotch were also missing some elite talent in the GF.

OB were lucky to make the GF.

How is being on top all year and going straight through to the granny "lucky" ?? Or is luck when the SKOB gun ruckman just stood there and let his OB counterpart run into a open goal from stoppage to put them in front.

maybe a higher percentage of international students at monash, with no interest in football?
As at 2020, they had 85,924 students.
44% male (37,818)

Domestic students 45,482 (if 44% male is applied = 20,018)
International students (total) 29,912

Anytime i've driven past there its a proverbial case of spot the aussie. hardly a big recruiting ground.

Absolutely agree that external talent is required - by all clubs - to give you the best chances of success.

My point is that for the many, many years I was involved in ammo football the thought process of 'for the love of the game' v the mercenaries of all the other competitions was (and remains) a bit disingenuous when you consider the inducements put in front of players to play VAFA football.

Unfortunately I was not skilled enough to receive any myself personally 😊😉

Last edited:
How is the entire VAFA better off for this?

Remove this Banner Ad

A Section Premier section 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back