Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Late on the party, I have absolutely no words! So privileged to have been there to witness this moment! My Swans-supporting missus is peeved but hey I'm over the moon! Gonna be at WO tomorrow for the presentation + tshirt hopefully see a ton of dogs faithful there! Have a good night!

On mobile device using BigFooty mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played doggies. Undoubtedly the best team in the competition at the final siren. In fact the best performed club in the sport at the final siren. Drink deeply from the chalice and be kind to those who thirst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done, Doggies fans. You played really well today (and for the past four weeks) and have earned this. We can whinge about the dodgy umpiring decisions all that we want (and we will, don't worry), but the reality is that perfect umpiring probably sees a smaller margin, not a different result. You were hungrier and classier than us almost all game.

This is a premiership that you deserve to savour. 62 years of hard times and near misses, and a season all but written off through injury. You come seventh, two places below any side that has ever gone on to win a flag. You go from Perth, where you lost your round 23 game, to Melbourne for the bye, then back to Perth for a cut-throat final against a red-hot Eagles outfit. You dispose of them, then head back to Melbourne to play the triple premiers. You beat them and you have to head to Sydney to play the form side, GWS. You get past them in a nailbiter, then head back to Melbourne to have to play the refreshed and, last week, imperious minor premiers.

And you beat us. Your boys defied all of football history and conventional wisdom to do what so many of your club greats of yesteryear fell short of doing. Enjoy this long-awaited premiership success- the best feeling that any football fan can experience. Your club has thoroughly earned it.

P.S.: Beveridge is a class act.

So many things to say, analyse, things to take out, players to celebrate, coaches to congratulate. But I will just say

CARN THE BULLDOGS!

Your club has thoroughly earned it.

And you are a class act yourself Araluenian. Thanks for taking the time on a tough day to come over here. Kudos. :thumbsu:

Well done, Doggies fans. You played really well today (and for the past four weeks) and have earned this. We can whinge about the dodgy umpiring decisions all that we want (and we will, don't worry), but the reality is that perfect umpiring probably sees a smaller margin, not a different result. You were hungrier and classier than us almost all game.

This is a premiership that you deserve to savour. 62 years of hard times and near misses, and a season all but written off through injury. You come seventh, two places below any side that has ever gone on to win a flag. You go from Perth, where you lost your round 23 game, to Melbourne for the bye, then back to Perth for a cut-throat final against a red-hot Eagles outfit. You dispose of them, then head back to Melbourne to play the triple premiers. You beat them and you have to head to Sydney to play the form side, GWS. You get past them in a nailbiter, then head back to Melbourne to have to play the refreshed and, last week, imperious minor premiers.

And you beat us. Your boys defied all of football history and conventional wisdom to do what so many of your club greats of yesteryear fell short of doing. Enjoy this long-awaited premiership success- the best feeling that any football fan can experience. Your club has thoroughly earned it.

Thanks so much. Kudos to your wonderful club and your wonderful fans for being so respectful of our long-awaited joy.

Already hearing the 'You only won it because of the bye'

Here's some retorts for us doggie fans should we cop it:

'Oh the bye? You mean the bye that every team we played also had?'

'Oh the bye that allowed us to bring back players into our team right? As in, the ones that would've been there anyway had they not been injured'

'Oh the bye before the four consecutive finals we played? You know who also played four consecutive finals...?'

Get used to it lads. Have u heard the one about its not a real flag cos you only beat an interstate side yet?

This is the best day of my life. Grand final win and Tom Boyd is our hero.

I'm in tears now. This is the best day ever!

Love this club and all of you supporters who have bled for this club. Our 2nd premiership!! Fairytale premiership!

Know exactly how you feel mate - been waiting a lifetime for this and must admit a few tears were shed up here in Brissy too:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back