Premiership and GF teams tips 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m quite sure if you polled Richmond and Geelong supporters, you’d get a completely different opinion.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news here Timmy, but Collingwood in the GF, albeit against the Blues, Melbourne or Essendon isn’t the box office, stop the world spectacular you believe it is. Sure to pies fans (i believe you’re one) it is….it just isn’t !!

I thought that too. After 20 years of Blues medicrity, I thought the rivalry was a past generation thing. And then Rd 23 happened and the footy world pretty much stopped to watch Collinwgood vs Calrton.

Well here is mine for 2023 AFL premiership and gf teams.

Collingwood v Sydney swans.

Winner: Collingwood by 26 points MCG attendance 100,025

Ok ok ok ok.

Always talking down the Pies of course you all do.

But i think 2023 The Pies have done the apprenticeship thing and a building and developing into a premiership team.

Like been groomed into a flag winning team.

Collingwood fix up polish and the finish for goals they win most weeks.

I just think why not.

2022 learning 2023 the development stage. Flag windows open a jar. And its on the up side of it opening as well.

They really arent far away and just need to chalk up matches in the kids all the while having pendles and howe and sidy there.

Good at least 1 -2 years upcoming.

I feel this decade will see Collingwood rise to the top.

Still flying under the radar and the experts dont see us winning but that a good thing we are always written off.

As with the swans they cant handle mcg on those big days the ground doesnt suit them but they love postage stamp SCG.

Ok ok i know what about the Cats as they are the current premiers i just cant see them winning 2 in a row.

Still make say semi final or a prelim. Just cant see them in another GF.

Both Pies and Swans have more to improve on more so Pies.

In the other teams i have Brisbane and Blues are improvers in 2023. Both times running out for both Brisbane and Blues. Now is the time.

Dees all depends on Grundy and Gawn experiment if it works top 4 if not spots 5-8 are theirs of if it really doesnt work then miss finals. Would be season over if either one has an ACL in the early rounds they just dont have a plan B Melbourne.

Tigers yes for the h and a matches but i just dont think they have that next level of improvement left in them. Ok i like Taranto ok cool but again they are topping up and its out of hope then anything. Aging a bit the tigers too. Will feature in the finals for sure ok.

Freo is unknowen.

The rest are hit and miss.

Spoons hawks or west coasts.
Pies won't make the 8.

Having all four of Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond, up and about as legit premiership contenders would be massive for the competition massive.

Anyway i'll be optimistic and predict a Carlton v Geelong grand final. It would be nice to have a similar result to that 1995 grand final as well!

Would be nice way for the Cats to finally get revenge for 95 and go back to back to finish the era

Pies to prove the experts wrong again like this time last year.

Always write off the Pies and guess what they have a good season.

Keep up the good work.

Far and away the biggest lead up to a grand final in 2023 would be a Collingwood v Carlton GF.

This would be massive in GF week and to be honest too big.

Massive.

As with a bit of 50s nostalga then Collingwood v Melbourne.

But the massive ones Collingwood v Carlton.

Ok Ok I know richmond and cats are good but when they are in the GF doesnt have the same build up or massive feeling as say Pies Blues in it.
It would be massive for the supporter bases, but I reckon there'd also be a strong IDGAF vibe from neutrals which would temper it a bit....

Far and away the biggest lead up to a grand final in 2023 would be a Collingwood v Carlton GF.

This would be massive in GF week and to be honest too big.

Massive.

As with a bit of 50s nostalga then Collingwood v Melbourne.

But the massive ones Collingwood v Carlton.

Ok Ok I know richmond and cats are good but when they are in the GF doesnt have the same build up or massive feeling as say Pies Blues in it.
Would be good for my bank balance as well.
Pay off the mortgage with a a bet on the Blues to win this one if the matchup did eventuate.

Colliwobbles in finals is well and truly back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'wood v North GF in '77 had one of the biggest build-ups because it was the first time the GF was televised live on TV.
Epic first televised game, if we're taking the draw in the first week

All Interstate GF this year, sorry Vics, Brisbane and Sydney in a close encounter, with Brissy winning it with a goal after the siren.
Following year (2024) it will be WC and Freo playing for the cup.
You got it here first.

Richmond v Geelong

Geelong premiers. Despite losing Selwood, their team will be better next season with Holmes coming into the side that won the 2022 flag. Bruhn, bowes and Henry will all also play a lot and make them a better side.

Richmond had a poor 2022 and still nearly made the prelim. Hopper and Taranto are brilliant acquisitions. Dusty will be back fit and Shai Bolton is on the verge of becoming one of the best players in the comp.

Collingwood vs Pies.
Both teams will lead at different stages, but it will ultimately end up a draw as both sides get the Colliwobbles.
The replay will also end up a draw and the AFL will just give up and award nobody the flag.
The crowd will be 100k+, but there will only be 50k teeth present, most of them from neutrals who didn't want to go but got free tickets.

If Collingwood arent in the GF then my tip is:

Brisbane v either Melbourne or Geelong

im going for Melbourne v Brisbane GF with lossing preliminary finalists to be Geelong and Collingwood

So prelims are:

Melbourne beat Cats by 20 points and Brisbane to just edge the Pies by 10 points.

Other worthy of preliminary status is Carlton, Sydney swans and Richmond.

I sense week 1 of finals of a Carlton v Collingwood or Collingwood v Richmond final either an elimination or qualify.

or carlton v richmond one.

i think Melbourne will bounce back so too tigers but i feel like the days of the tigers of making gfs are a bit over but they can make a preliminary.

Time for Brisbane to make an impact in finals to some degree you could say Freo and Swans just stuffed up on gf 2022.

Well for the blues they actully have to make it first but im sure they will.

To me 2023 is Carltons most important year ever in there time. its make or break.

Geelong be around abouts as well and will make preliminary.

Still think Collingwood is the dark horse in all of this.

Still in alot of way under rated and flying under the radar.

A juicy quailfy final would be week 1 Carlton v Collingwood and say Melbourne v Geelong qf final week 1

the other elims are richmond to play at the mcg and they play Brisbane or Swans and the other elim like a freo v either lions swans or even like dogs or power lets say.

My early top 4 are no order Cats,Dees,Blues and 4th out of Pies Lions or Swans to fight for that 4th spot I hope Pies to just sneak in 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership and GF teams tips 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back