Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great report kitm.
I can see Smith struggling to keep his spot in the team this year.
I think we have younger players that will go past him
I dont know.. I’ve been watching a few of the replays of last seasons games over the past few weeks..

Smith is a strange one..

When he was on last year he was one of our best.. his game in Ballarat against the dogs was immense.

But when he was not he’s a total and utter liability.

His bullet like long kicking has never been the same since his knee injury.

And it times he gives off this vibe that he’s just a veteran player simply playing out the remainder of his career with no real hope left of finals glory.. so he’s just going through the motions..

Who knows what we’ll get from him this season.. but he’s gonna have a heap of youngsters beating down the door behind him.. maybe that pressure gives him a “second wind” and a passion to end his career in top form?..

Dawson just annonced as CAPTAIN!!!

Anyway, his goalkicking is pretty irrelevant. The big problem is his unconess under pressure. I reckon he is pressured a lot more these days.
The plan a year ago was for him to push forward as a marking option... but this clearly was a poor strategy.

Given it didn't work out, we are now trying the Himmelberg / Thilthorpe option.

So ROB's lack of ability to be a forward may cost him some games going forward.

I dont know.. I’ve been watching a few of the replays of last seasons games over the past few weeks..

Smith is a strange one..

When he was on last year he was one of our best.. his game in Ballarat against the dogs was immense.

But when he was not he’s a total and utter liability.

His bullet like long kicking has never been the same since his knee injury.

And it times he gives off this vibe that he’s just a veteran player simply playing out the remainder of his career with no real hope left of finals glory.. so he’s just going through the motions..

Who knows what we’ll get from him this season.. but he’s gonna have a heap of youngsters beating down the door behind him.. maybe that pressure gives him a “second wind” and a passion to end his career in top form?..

Dawson just annonced as CAPTAIN!!!
Think we need to seriously think about resting Smith a bit like Tex to get the most out of him & help the transition of younger players.

Also, could be a good sub option for some games.

We’re they at the time?
Don't need to be, they were emerging guns that didn't have to bide their time becoming a great SANFL player first whilst waiting for Jars, Bone, McGuiness and Anderson to make their own call. And in the moments that we needed them, inexperienced though they were, they stood up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People in here constantly melting that Sloane is selfish and will NEVER stand down as captain, but suddenly he does and Dawson becomes captain and it's crickets
Did you expect the club to appoint a new captain and Sloane to make a public statement saying he didn’t agree and still wanted it?

He can’t appoint the captain, the club does.

Goodwin, Johnson, Edwards
Johnson was 19. Edwards and Goody were 20. They were not stars when we won the premiership. Yes Goody was great in both those grand finals. Edwards in 97 was lucky to be in the side. Dropped a few times and was not looking good when in lined up on winmar in the first quarter. Always remember his fumble and falling over his own feet only to have Winmar swoop on it and kick the goal. So none of them were greats at the time. Goody and Edwards became greats yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back