Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you greatly for doing this legend! It's very much appreciated

I must say, our social media team is elite at banter, but actually footy content is a massive disappointment.

It's 2024, live stream and relays should be provided. North have their game on their YouTube channel with commentary ffs. Collingwood have there's on YouTube too

Spare me the whole "giving our tactics away".
Eagles streamed with commentary as well.

Speaking to my man, he said that was the fiercest, most competitive match sim he’s witnessed. Great signs imo.
Good to hear, that lack of pressure was very evident last year and was a real contributor to our poor starts.

I haven’t been able to make it down this year but I like to hear that we have kept the teams even (and have the talent and availability to do that).

Down at Eagleland they have kept it as probables v possibles, this has probably, in my view, reduced the intensity. At the moment from their reports everything is going great but I wonder if that will translate when they play opposition.

anyhow, long story short, I am glad to hear the scratch matches are competitive and fierce rather than pretty skills with lack of pressure.

Brayshaw even eluded to it - the boys are getting on each others nerves and that was reflected in the game

Good - sick of being a vanilla team. Only serong, niggle from Clark and the occasional step in by Ryan was evident last year

Need to play and have the ego that they are all top 10 talent. Cos most of them **** are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some sportspeople who haven't played notably well at non-elite level really step up when the standard around them becomes much higher. Seems to sharpen their reflexes and skills. Extra adrenalin and focus are part of it. Rising to the challenge?
Being surrounded by elite talent probably helps too.

Less fingers in the dyke. More players on your level and able to be in sync with what you do.

Brayshaw even eluded to it - the boys are getting on each others nerves and that was reflected in the game

Good - sick of being a vanilla team. Only serong, niggle from Clark and the occasional step in by Ryan was evident last year

Need to play and have the ego that they are all top 10 talent. Cos most of them **** are

This is why Serong should be captain.

Eagles streamed with commentary as well.
****sake really?? Piss poor by us.

Also, I know I’ve banged on about this before, but the surrounding scrub and sand dunes for this club’s premier training facility is a joke. How the actual **** can we boast about posting million dollar profits and still not have the commercial pull to get some campaigner to plant some trees. Looks seriously shit.

Last edited:
Yep
They need all the spin they can muster
They lost 3 more today to injuries. Its only going to get worse for them. I asked my mate if they will be able to field a side by our derby in rd 6. He was adamant that a full strength Eagles would beat us.

They lost 3 more today to injuries. Its only going to get worse for them. I asked my mate if they will be able to field a side by our derby in rd 6. He was adamant that a full strength Eagles would beat us.
I used to be into drugs too. Dangerous stuff.

I used to be into drugs too. Dangerous stuff.
My boss (smart guy, partner in an accounting firm) is adamant
1) Yeo is full fit, will play the whole year
2) Ginbey is going to take a massive step and dominate
3) Petrol Jelly is reinvented as a mid and is set for a career year
4) McGovem has lost 5+kgs and is set to dominate
5) Matt Flynn will be recruit of the year
6) Will be close to playing finals

Football really is a helluva drug, thinks Chesser sucks though

1 out of 7 is not bad , Yeo fully fit and set to dominate was last years statement as well , McGovern lightest he's ever been last year as well.
Close to playing finals yep you guessed it last year that was touted by many eagles fans and people involved in the club also.
Matt flynn is the best of their Rucks , Been Rucking against guys like Jameson is practice games , not a hard ask.
Ginbey I will reserve my judgment until he has played more games but he looks alright .
Petrol Jelly ?? we will see.

Speaking to my man, he said that was the fiercest, most competitive match sim he’s witnessed. Great signs imo.
Love to hear this, have been wanting this for years. The hallmark of Ross Lyons successful sides was that they tore strips off each other at training and then went out and did it to other sides in the real thing.
As a member, at a minimum I just want to see a team that competes with ferocious intensity for as many games a possible for as long as possible. That’s got nothing to do with talent or tactics or things like that.
Can forgive an odd down week then but losing 13 first quarters in a row (or whatever it was) is not so easily explained away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anybody else find it weird that he looked so ordinary at Peel, so disappointing in fact. Then comes into league side and totally blitzes it. That goal he kicked out of the air was brilliant, something from nothing. Then goes back to Peel for GF and is terrible. Appreciate he did have stress fractures but what is going on there? Obviously didn't stand out in the match sims this year either??
Burley vs Sherrin.

Some people just cant kick a Burley

Always get bullied of late by Melbourne and especially Carlton being tough boys.
Brayshaw is very tame. I’d back Serong every time, just no one else have the biff or intensity.

Did anybody else find it weird that he looked so ordinary at Peel, so disappointing in fact. Then comes into league side and totally blitzes it. That goal he kicked out of the air was brilliant, something from nothing. Then goes back to Peel for GF and is terrible. Appreciate he did have stress fractures but what is going on there? Obviously didn't stand out in the match sims this year either??
Emmett in the GF? Nah that game for Peel was trash all round. He was lively and tried to put pressure on, but no one else stood up. It was a gross game for every Docker for Thunder.
NOD is the epitome of being underwhelming for Peel and amazing for AFL level. However he found that to be poor in both leagues. He struggled to get possession for WAFL.

Love to hear this, have been wanting this for years. The hallmark of Ross Lyons successful sides was that they tore strips off each other at training and then went out and did it to other sides in the real thing.
As a member, at a minimum I just want to see a team that competes with ferocious intensity for as many games a possible for as long as possible. That’s got nothing to do with talent or tactics or things like that.
Can forgive an odd down week then but losing 13 first quarters in a row (or whatever it was) is not so easily explained away.
I totally agree. All the good teams have that nasty edge about them.

Always easy when you’re playing yourself, the 18th best team, and dominating 🤪

1 out of 7 is not bad , Yeo fully fit and set to dominate was last years statement as well , McGovern lightest he's ever been last year as well.
Close to playing finals yep you guessed it last year that was touted by many eagles fans and people involved in the club also.
Matt flynn is the best of their Rucks , Been Rucking against guys like Jameson is practice games , not a hard ask.
Ginbey I will reserve my judgment until he has played more games but he looks alright .
Petrol Jelly ?? we will see.
They have definitely gone bigger in the midfield, with Harley, Ginbey, Hall.
Yeo, Kelly, have to stay on the park to rise up the ladder.
But I just don’t think Simpson can reinvent his style which is eerily similar to
JLo’s thinking.
Not really surprising due to who JLo was an assistant to.
WC have yet to replace L Jetta and it stands out like dogs, we have express
speed and go controlled and slow.
Would of been great if the AFL hadn’t changed the rules.
Which is why you need multiple plays and know how to control the tempo.
One style of footy isn’t going far, we need to strike very soon because the
interstate teams are going to dominate. Best chance for a fairytale.

*sake really?? Piss poor by us.

Also, I know I’ve banged on about this before, but the surrounding scrub and sand dunes for this club’s premier training facility is a joke. How the actual * can we boast about posting million dollar profits and still not have the commercial pull to get some campaigner to plant some trees. Looks seriously s**t.
Not sure how many times people have to say it, you can't develop someone else's land. They are at the mercy of the council.

Cooper Simpson is a ******* animal. Bullied Serong to win the ball back in the contest
This moment was at 55:05 in the vid by the way. You can see how pissed Serong was when he tried to kill him in a tackle after it

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back