Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling looking the fittest I've ever seen him. Looks like his lost some muscle. Think that's a great move as he was getting to big and lost a yard of pace last few season. If we can get him to lead out more freely and do those chase tackles he did in his first few seasons he was one of the quickest forwards going around. It will make a huge difference to us this season.
61b54011ee08aa1703afec517d90cb0e.jpg

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Darling looking the fittest I've ever seen him. Looks like his lost some muscle. Think that's a great move as he was getting to big and lost a yard of pace last few season. If we can get him to lead out more freely and do those chase tackles he did in his first few seasons he was one of the quickest forwards going around. It will make a huge difference to us this season.

I wonder if they have trimmed him down to play a more half forward role with Oscar playing as the main Chf with jk at full forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah west will go alright this year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Only downside I see in West is he looks so thin in the arms. Like a stick compared to other mids. Reckon that's his only downfall at the top level. He has to play mostly outside on the wing and use his leg speed to get away. Defensive side is a concern. Players like Bont will just run straight threw him without much hassle. We already have Gaff as our one dimensional mid. Having two that can't tackle could be a huge issue. Most mids these days are all rounded and can do everything.

Only downside I see in West is he looks so thin in the arms. Like a stick compared to other mids. Reckon that's his only downfall at the top level. He has to play mostly outside on the wing and use his leg speed to get away. Defensive side is a concern. Players like Bont will just run straight threw him without much hassle. We already have Gaff as our one dimensional mid. Having two that can't tackle could be a huge issue. Most mids these days are all rounded and can do everything.

Sorry mate I'm fairly certain you're either mistaken in your knowledge of West or have him mixed up with another player. He's not fast but medium paced, tackles well and has decent size:

FB_IMG_1642144125919.jpg

Legitimately think you're talking about someone else. Based on that picture alone he's bigger than Sheed, Kelly and Gaff at least.

And in addition to that, his disposal is average at best, coupled with his medium pace I wouldn't want him anywhere near the wing.

Last edited:
Sorry mate I'm fairly certain you're either mistaken in your knowledge of West or have him mixed up with another player. He's not fast but medium paced, tackles well and has decent size:

View attachment 1310854

Legitimately think you're talking about someone else. Based on that picture alone he's bigger than Sheed, Kelly and Gaff at least.

Yeo cant stop looking at his arms.

View attachment 1310854

And in addition to that, his disposal is average at best, coupled with his medium pace I wouldn't want him anywhere near the wing.

West seems to struggle with the decision making when he's caught on the outside. I'd much prefer him inside hunting and distributing to the first option. Take away some of the over thinking and let him play on instinct

View attachment 1310854

You've gotta stop taking photos at the pool mate!

YARN | It's a disgusting habit. | Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) | Video  gifs by quotes | 47d77a17 | 紗

Looks the same tbh. I just think the ankle socks makes him look slimmer

West Skinny Arms. Screenshot_2022-01-14-18-56-30-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-14-18-56-00-58_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-14-18-56-00-58_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 98

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back