News President Announcement 4pm today

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps Jeff's announcement is separate. Considering the photo in the background is of the Waverley Park gym, perhaps it's something to do with the facilities?

Club announcement

Hawthorn CEO Stuart Fox can confirm that today Geoff Lord has officially withdrawn his nomination for the position of president of Hawthorn Football Club.

On that basis, there is now only one candidate for president and an election is not required at the Club’s AGM on 14 December 2011.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/126450/default.aspx

All of us who have been tardy in returning our proxies might have saved the club the return postage ?

Thanks for wasting countless thousands of members' dollars, Geoff. :thumbsdown:

Yep hope he reimburses the club for the cost of the mailout with voting forms etc. Shows the complete disregard for expenditure that was around in the 1990s.

From the President: Presidential campaign

Dear members,

It has been my honour and privilege to have been involved in public service for over 35 years.

23 years as a parliamentarian, twelve as Chairman of beyondblue: the national depression initiative, and now about to complete six years as your President of our wonderful Hawthorn Football Club.

Not once in those 35 years have I witnessed such a selfish and costly indulgence as that just exercised by our former President Geoff Lord.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/126430/default.aspx

"$50,000 plus gone! Wasted! For what?"

What a waste of money, can't HFC ask him to pay some of these costs? What a complete spud!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably Geoff realised he had been out "Jeffed" by Jeff and didn't have the numbers; or

A deal of some sort has been brokered seeing GL appointed to either the board or similiar type position at the club at the appropriate later date. So as to not make it look like a deal....

If Jeff Kennett had access to the current votes returned, then by rights Geoff Lord would have two. Being that it was travelling at 94% v 6% I am guessing that was enough for Lord to jump.

Probably Geoff realised he had been out "Jeffed" by Jeff and didn't have the numbers; or

A deal of some sort has been brokered seeing GL appointed to either the board or similiar type position at the club at the appropriate later date. So as to not make it look like a deal....

Didn't have the numbers, check this out:

"For the record, the votes received to date and counted by Computershare delivered the following results:"

• 5,124 (93.08%) Andrew Newbold
  • 381 (6.92%) Geoff Lord
Going by Jeff's email, they don't want him anywhere near the club

Didn't have the numbers, check this out:

"For the record, the votes received to date and counted by Computershare delivered the following results:"

• 5,124 (93.08%) Andrew Newbold
  • 381 (6.92%) Geoff Lord
Going by Jeff's email, they don't want him anywhere near the club

Totally shocked that Lord received that many votes !
What were those people thinking ? Or were they ?

This sums up Lord perfectly for me...

With all that knowledge, Geoff Lord proceeded to nominate, as was his right. Geoff Lord has not contributed to the Club in any way over the last six years. He has not paid an annual membership because, as a Life Member, he does not technically have to pay such an amount, but you would have thought he might have financially supported the Club through purchasing a membership.

Thanks for nothing champ!

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

What saddens me about this whole fiasco is that the Kennett-led board had great ideals in limiting the tenure of directors so that the board could be re-invigorated with new blood, fresh with ideas and passion.

That 'Lord's folly' fully exploited the constitution, will no doubt see the criteria for nomination tightened alongside the fact that members will feel obligated to not put such a financial impost on the club by running against the board's candidate unless the situation was diabolical or they were prepared to 'pay their way'.

In effect, we are in danger of becoming a gentleman's club - where the baton is only passed between a select few.

It's a can of worms that never needed opening.

And all for one man's ego - that seriously pisses me off.

From the President: Presidential campaign

Dear members,

It has been my honour and privilege to have been involved in public service for over 35 years.

23 years as a parliamentarian, twelve as Chairman of beyondblue: the national depression initiative, and now about to complete six years as your President of our wonderful Hawthorn Football Club.

Not once in those 35 years have I witnessed such a selfish and costly indulgence as that just exercised by our former President Geoff Lord.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/126430/default.aspx

SCATHING, You dont want to get on the wrong side of one Jeffery Gibb Kennett.

Remove this Banner Ad

News President Announcement 4pm today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back