Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

They provide the lights? That's a choice , you don't need coal or gas to provide the lights.
Everyone who lives in the modern workd uses electricty, it's not the consumers fault.
It is the fault of the polluters, their lobby groups and the polititions they donate to.
Sorry , but a poor argument.
Freo have a choice to promote an emmiter, or get another sponsor.
Consumers don't have that choice.
Rubbish, the technology exists for anyone to live off the grid if they choose to.

Course it would be hideously expensive if they wanted reliable power. It would shift a lot of people into poverty.

Also potentially hideously inconvenient to ride a bike everywhere instead of take a car. Or to have cold showers. Or to rug up in winter instead of running a heater.

A petition of 8000? Probably not enough for the club to sit up and take notice, given they would have at least 20 times that amount of supporters.

How keen are companies to sponsor an AFL team theses days? I just assumed they could easily get another big sponsor.
Moat of whom wouldn't take more than a passing interest in AFL and the round to round performance of the Dockers. But if Freo want to shoot themselves in the foot yet again then they can go for it.

Moat of whom wouldn't take more than a passing interest in AFL and the round to round performance of the Dockers. But if Freo want to shoot themselves in the foot yet again then they can go for it.
No, I'm talking about actual, proper supporters.
There's plenty out there.

Destroying the planet is pretty bad though don't you think?
Yep. All the sponsors you replied to that RFC have are (mostly) personal choices in a pure sense for the individual and only affect them if they choose to use those products (other than alcohol related instances)

In the case of Freo, we as individuals have no choice in the matter - what these big mining companies do to the environment is (mostly) out of our control. I 100% back getting rid of woodside from Freo.

Yes. Government bailouts are always a sign of great strength.

Richmond sponsors:
KFC - in a country nearly as fat as America
Furphy and Jim Beam - alcohol destroys how many lives?
crypto.com - pyramid schemers
Pepsi - cos the salt and fat from KFC needs to be washed down by diabetes causing drinks
I'm ****ing disgusted in the sponsors we have picked up in the years following our success

It's not an argument at all. I just laugh at the hypocrisy of some people.
Just because people have to participate in society doesn’t mean they’re hypocrites when they try to change things for the better. I own a laptop and mobile, yes there’s colbalt and lithium mining as part of their production. I also have to have these things to have a job. That doesn’t mean I’m a hypocrite when I want us to prioritise renewables and reduce coal and gas mining.

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware that Netball Australia were in financial trouble? Oh that’s right, they’re actually in a solid position now.

Geez I hate when people use s**t buzzwords that make no absolutely sense.
I'd be in a solid position too if I got 15 million from taxpayers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, to some point.

If that person then decides to run 4 pieces of technology constantly, turns their electric heater on if the temp goes below 20, turns their A/C on if the temp goes above 20, buys and electric car, buys an electric bicycle, installs smart appliances all through their house and runs them non-stop, leaves the lights on in their house non-stop, installs Christmas lights on their house and leaves them on for 4 months of the year and then just generally increases their power consumption year after year, then I think that's when we have a problem.

Welcome to the society that we live in, increasing demand of power by the masses who then abuse those who are supplying the power and regulating it all.

It would actually be quite funny if it all wasn't so serious.
Look there’s levels to this obviously around personal responsibility to reduce consumption. People who preach about environmental care but don’t have any consideration for reducing things where they can, or recycling at home, then I’d agree are hypocritical.

But people pointing to owning a mobile phone or a car as an argument are idiots.

Last edited:
Yes. Government bailouts are always a sign of great strength.

Richmond sponsors:
KFC - in a country nearly as fat as America
Furphy and Jim Beam - alcohol destroys how many lives?
crypto.com - pyramid schemers
Pepsi - cos the salt and fat from KFC needs to be washed down by diabetes causing drinks

Least VISY are a socially responsible corporation looking to protect our environment

#ProudCarltonSupporter

Rubbish, the technology exists for anyone to live off the grid if they choose to.

Course it would be hideously expensive if they wanted reliable power. It would shift a lot of people into poverty.

Also potentially hideously inconvenient to ride a bike everywhere instead of take a car. Or to have cold showers. Or to rug up in winter instead of running a heater.
Ok boomer

Look there’s levels to this obviously around personal responsibility to reduce consumption. People who preach about environmental care but don’t have any consideration for reducing things where they can, or recycling at home, then I’d agree are hypocritical.

But people pointing to owning a mobile phone or a car as an argument are idiots.
For me it’s more about what type/size of car, how many TV’s, the size of your house, do they take overseas holidays etc.

For me it’s more about what type/size of car, how many TV’s, the size of your house, do they take overseas holidays etc.

We should all be doing our bit to help reduce wastage etc., - smaller cars, ride-sharing or public transport where possible, solar panels, recycling more etc. however, what each individual is able to achieve absolutely pales in comparison to some of the larger companies and what they can do to help do their bit and that is where the sentiment of this lies (The people v Woodside)

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back