Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Suggestions on jobs that don’t involve application through the use of the internet, don’t need a mobile phone number on record, can go to with only public transport etc.
You forgot about your laptop bruv

The song dance and crying part is all in your head mate
I directly replied to your crap about how people complaining would do better if they rode to work once. So I showed you I ride to work all the time. Thought that earned me the right to complain and instead you had a sook about payslips.

I directly replied to your crap about how people complaining would do better if they rode to work once. So I showed you I ride to work all the time. Thought that earned me the right to complain and instead you had a sook about payslips.
I gave you a thumbs up for backing up your words you utter door knob. That was the end of it and you carried on from there and now you think I'm having a sook. You're waay off it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave you a thumbs up for backing up your words you utter door knob. That was the end of it and you carried on from there and now you think I'm having a sook. You're waay off it
You may want to go read the thread again and check the reactions… then you can come back and correct yourself here.

Edit. You’re actually going to pretend the gif is not a piss take?

(Just going to repost my comment on the same topic in the Freo board last year)

These morons should realise we're in a privileged box seat to have these big companies on board as a mining state. I like having Woodside as a principal sponsor at Freo and don't take it for granted. Over the years other clubs like Port have struggled with major sponsors.

This happened a couple of years ago where protestors crashed the Perth Fringe opening night. They wanted them to dump Woodside as a principal sponsor. Only for event organisers to say Fringe wouldn't exist without these kinds of big players supporting them!

Protesters are going to lead busy lives crashing surf live saving and nippers events, Freo games, NAIDOC events, Leeuwin Ocean Adventure foundation, WA ballet and youth orchestra, community rec centre openings and volunteer work initiatives. Along with all the other various things Woodside supports.

This is like a group of vegan protestors walking in to Outback Jack's and demanding everyone stop eating meat. This is where Freo politely tell them to **** off and concentrate on winning games of footy not pandering to a group of people clutching at their own self importance.

You may want to go read the thread again and check the reactions… then you can come back and correct yourself here.
No you're just way off it mate and completely misread things in your crusade mindset like you've done for this whole thread. I'm completely over this now, you need to ease the * up

No you're just way off it mate and completely misread things in your crusade mindset like you've done for this whole thread. I'm completely over this now, you need to ease the * up
Great Job Reaction GIF

They provide the lights? That's a choice , you don't need coal or gas to provide the lights.
Everyone who lives in the modern workd uses electricty, it's not the consumers fault.
It is the fault of the polluters, their lobby groups and the polititions they donate to.
Sorry , but a poor argument.
Freo have a choice to promote an emmiter, or get another sponsor.
Consumers don't have that choice.
Are you aware of the concept of baseload power? Are you aware of the trillions of dollars required to rebuild a transmission system never designed for 100% renewables? Are you aware of how much most indigenous groups hate onshore wind and solar due to the amount of land it requires? Have you ever asked anyone in the commercial fishing industry what they think of offshore wind? Are you aware most energy intensive industry cannot be served by renewable energy?
We are decades away from being able to rely 100% on renewables. It’s literally a 5 year lead time to get an offshore wind transmission cable from Europe for example.

What part of what's happening all over the planet with rising temperatures and climate catastrophes makes you think we have anything LIKE 50 years to get real about this kind of thing? We are at the point where even immediate action is only going to limit the damage done, with that mentality there will be nothing left to salvage.
At what point will you realise this isn’t happening overnight? Ostracising companies like Woodside is the height of stupidity. They’re key to an energy transition. Even a number of ENGOs have recently accepted the key role gas will play. We need to use a mix of energy for a very long time if the developed world wants to keep its lifestyle. You then have the developing world who need it even more to even dream of a lifestyle we take for granted.

Are you aware of the concept of baseload power? Are you aware of the trillions of dollars required to rebuild a transmission system never designed for 100% renewables? Are you aware of how much most indigenous groups hate onshore wind and solar due to the amount of land it requires? Have you ever asked anyone in the commercial fishing industry what they think of offshore wind? Are you aware most energy intensive industry cannot be served by renewable energy?
We are decades away from being able to rely 100% on renewables. It’s literally a 5 year lead time to get an offshore wind transmission cable from Europe for example.
The current efforts on renewables are pathetic and you know it, that's why 8000 supporters signed the petition. Poor argument

At what point will you realise this isn’t happening overnight? Ostracising companies like Woodside is the height of stupidity. They’re key to an energy transition. Even a number of ENGOs have recently accepted the key role gas will play. We need to use a mix of energy for a very long time if the developed world wants to keep its lifestyle. You then have the developing world who need it even more to even dream of a lifestyle we take for granted.
They are opening unnessessary new projects and sportswashing to make themselves to look good. They want one thing, profits, it's laughable that you think they are the answer.

From the Australian Conservation Foundation.

'Woodside is among Australia’s largest polluting gas companies. Its plans to build the Scarborough Gas Project and Pluto extension would generate emissions over its lifetime equal to ten years of running all of the country’s coal-fired power stations combined!

No matter where it is burnt, the gas Woodside digs up is fuelling climate damage and destroying Australia’s precious places like the Great Barrier and Ningaloo Reefs, compromising the wishes of Traditional Owners and putting people’s health at risk.

How do they get away with it? Woodside, and other big polluters, are sponsoring and exploiting our favourite sports to buy a positive reputation.

When Woodside plasters its logo across the purple hearts of Fremantle Dockers players, it’s paying for the connection and loyalty we feel for sports, and marketing themselves as a community-oriented brand – all so that Woodside can keep polluting.

We need to stop Woodside from using sports sponsorships to wash away their dirty image.'

'More than 400 people have signed an open letter calling on Surf Life Saving WA to dump Woodside as the sponsor of its Nippers program for children aged 5 to 12.

Dr James Anderson, a Nippers parent and chair of Sustain Surf which is driving the campaign, told Nadia Mitsopoulos kids are being used as walking billboards.'

Woodside targeting 5 to 12 year olds .

From the Australian Conservation Foundation.

'Woodside is among Australia’s largest polluting gas companies. Its plans to build the Scarborough Gas Project and Pluto extension would generate emissions over its lifetime equal to ten years of running all of the country’s coal-fired power stations combined!

No matter where it is burnt, the gas Woodside digs up is fuelling climate damage and destroying Australia’s precious places like the Great Barrier and Ningaloo Reefs, compromising the wishes of Traditional Owners and putting people’s health at risk.

How do they get away with it? Woodside, and other big polluters, are sponsoring and exploiting our favourite sports to buy a positive reputation.

When Woodside plasters its logo across the purple hearts of Fremantle Dockers players, it’s paying for the connection and loyalty we feel for sports, and marketing themselves as a community-oriented brand – all so that Woodside can keep polluting.

We need to stop Woodside from using sports sponsorships to wash away their dirty image.'
How do they get away with it? Richmond, and other big pokie clubs, are sponsoring and exploiting our favourite sports to buy a positive reputation.

When Richmond plasters its logo across the side of pokie clubs, it’s paying for the connection and loyalty we feel for sports, and marketing themselves as a community-oriented brand – all so that Richmond can keep generating cash from plebs.

We need to stop Richmond pokies from using sports sponsorships to wash away their dirty image.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back