Favourite ground: Adelaide Oval
Most hated team: Geelong
Other teams: Pauline Hanson mixed roller derby team
Hobbies/Interests: Culture, Animals, Music and Violence

Interesting stuff Yojimbo :)

Favourite Outside the Bulldogs: None, hate 'em all
Favourite Footy Ground: Whitten Oval, the G
Most Hated Team: Saints, Crows
Other Teams: None. Massive NBA fan though.
Hobbies/Interests: Gym, indoor soccer, basketball, philosophy books (lots of Alain De Botton), occasional FIFA dominator and looking to buy a house atm so reading every article about property/economic forecasts

Last edited:

Your brain works funny.
I answered nine of the questions correctly, but to be honest i am not
that big a roller derby fan Pauline Hanson on the other hand well that
is a different story. Not that i am a racist i don't even eat Coon
cheese the mere thought disturbs me on a deep level. To answer
your statement though yes it does.

Suburb/Location: Toorak via Watsonia North
Favourite Player: Package
Favourite Outside the Bulldogs: None, hate 'em all
Favourite Footy Ground: Whitten Oval, the G
Most Hated Team: Saints, Crows
Other Teams: None. Massive NBA fan though.
Hobbies/Interests: Gym, indoor soccer, basketball, philosophy books (lots of Alain De Botton), occasional FIFA dominator and looking to buy a house atm so reading every article about property/economic forecasts
Forget the economic forecasts, just buy something. Learn from other's (read my) mistakes.

Forget the economic forecasts, just buy something. Learn from other's (read my) mistakes.

Yeah I agree with you, will buy no matter what, but the info just informs what I buy, and where.

Totally gone off "off the plan" apartments, for example, given how overpriced they are and how flooded that market will be over the next two years.

Yeah I agree with you, will buy no matter what, but the info just informs what I buy, and where.

Totally gone off "off the plan" apartments, for example, given how overpriced they are and how flooded that market will be over the next two years.
Spend as much as you can afford - not the best advice for a young single - but it's the best for capital growth. Try and buy something on land - you'll make more on it over time. I made the mistake (a) of not buying a house in East Bentleigh 12 years ago because I thought $414,000 was too much and then bought a townhouse first instead of a house on land. Loved living in the townhouse and made a lot on it (location helped) but would have made more if I'd bought a house on land. It's hard with your 1st purchase, but I can highly recommend buying something you like as quickly as possible.

Spend as much as you can afford - not the best advice for a young single - but it's the best for capital growth. Try and buy something on land - you'll make more on it over time. I made the mistake (a) of not buying a house in East Bentleigh 12 years ago because I thought $414,000 was too much and then bought a townhouse first instead of a house on land. Loved living in the townhouse and made a lot on it (location helped) but would have made more if I'd bought a house on land. It's hard with your 1st purchase, but I can highly recommend buying something you like as quickly as possible.

I'm engaged, but I'm budgeting on losing my fiancee's income for 3-4 years due to kids in the near future. Meaning only looking at what I can afford on my salary alone, without having to struggle.

My salary alone is not enough to support a mortgage on a house in the inner suburbs, which is our preferred location as we both work in the city, unless we live relatively meagre, which we don't want.

Have been looking at multiple bedroom apartments from St Kilda East to Ascot Vale. Idea is to upgrade after we have kids and my fiancée heads back to work.

I'm engaged, but I'm budgeting on losing my fiancee's income for 3-4 years due to kids in the near future. Meaning only looking at what I can afford on my salary alone, without having to struggle.

My salary alone is not enough to support a mortgage on a house in the inner suburbs, which is our preferred location as we both work in the city, unless we live relatively meagre, which we don't want.

Have been looking at multiple bedroom apartments from St Kilda East to Ascot Vale. Idea is to upgrade after we have kids and my fiancée heads back to work.
You'll find it tough wth kids on one income, but almost all people go through it. Only you know what you can afford, and obviously respect it, but (and I'm quite brazen by nature) everything becomes easier once you're in the house and paying the mortgage. And if your fiancee has a great job, all the better ;)

I answered nine of the questions correctly, but to be honest i am not
that big a roller derby fan Pauline Hanson on the other hand well that
is a different story. Not that i am a racist i don't even eat Coon
cheese the mere thought disturbs me on a deep level. To answer
your statement though yes it does.

Which is a good thing I would venture.

Yes that is difficult as you want to live close to the city but just cannot afford it. Good luck with it all TiAn.

Suburb/Location: London
Favourite Player: Matty Boyd
Favourite Outside the Bulldogs: Luke Hodge
Favourite Footy Ground: Etihad
Most Hated Team: Crows/Saints - finals losses have taken there toll!
Other Teams: All Boston teams - Celtics (NBA), Pats (NFL) & Red Sox (MLB)
Hobbies/Interests:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suburb/Location: 1975
Favourite Player: Bont, Package
Favourite Outside the Bulldogs: Nathan Grima
Favourite Footy Ground: Western Oval pre-AFL
Most Hated Team: Any of 17
Other Teams: There are NO other teams
Hobbies/Interests: Music, footy memorabilia, family (possibly in that order)

philosophy books (lots of Alain De Botton),

I've discovered him recently myself, he's an excellent writer. I get put off by the term 'philosophy' as I find some unreadable but he's the opposite - wise, humane and amusing. What else would you recommend of a similar bent?

Last edited:
Favourite player: Bob / Jake Stringer
Favourite non bulldog: Buddy
Favourite ground: Etihad
Most hated team: Essendon
Other teams: Victory
Hobbies/interests: Sports, CFD Trading, my little boy, travel

I'm sure we'll find something good and relatively close by. Just need to be diligent.
First house that worked for me: Small old house 10km out of CBD within walk distance to parks/river trails, coffee shop/ strip shop/ delis, Public transport, safe and useable cycling journey to city and quality food shopping (eg Footscray Market). You can move further out and make use of time well on the train to read/study and cycle to the station eg : friend in Croyden.. Lots of culture and small brewery hang out. There's a couple of new ones down Cheltenham, Braeside even,
But you want to get to the dog games easy. Lots of good buying on the way to Williamstown on the west of course.

I've discovered him recently myself, he's an excellent writer. I get put off by the term 'philosophy' as I find some unreadable but he's the opposite - wise, humane and amusing. What else would you recommend of a similar bent?

I haven't found anyone else like him, but he has a lot of material out there to work through. That being said, I haven't really looked for other similar writers, I usually find the most interesting source material he refers to and look for that.

www.brainpickings.org is an awesome resource, you should definitely check it out and/or follow them on Twitter. I've bought a few books after reading their articles.

Thought i would help eastdog finally complete his thesis on Bigfooty advertising:D
Favourite player:Jmacrea
Favourite non bulldog:GAJ
Most hated team: Norf/Saints cant split em (though softening on saints since Lyon left).
Other teams:Suburban footy and cricket.
Hobbies/interests:Fishing, Pokemon and reading.

Thought i would help eastdog finally complete his thesis on Bigfooty advertising:D
Favourite player:Jmacrea
Favourite non bulldog:GAJ
Most hated team: Norf/Saints cant split em (though softening on saints since Lyon left).
Other teams:Suburban footy and cricket.
Hobbies/interests:Fishing, Pokemon and reading.

Nah no thesis :) but I just have a general interest in demographics etc. Bernard Salt might do a thesis on this kind of stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Profile - About Big Footy Western Bulldogs supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back