Promoter's Dream Grand Finals That Haven't Happened Yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Hehe, well depends how you look at it, but we put you to the sword 2 out of the last three games, big upsets both times.

We don't have much to hang our hats on at Richmond in recent years, but beating the stand-out sides in the hawks and Sydney is one of them.

Since 07 (Hawthorn's return to finals), the clubs have played 9 times for 3 Richmond wins. I was at 2 of those wins (08 and 12 - was too sick to get to the 13 one) and they were decent efforts but there's no bogey here.

BULLDOGS vs. ST KILDA - The Cinderella teams of the AFL, both stuck on 1 premiership, both many years ago. Looked a reality in 1997, but did not happen, and the Dogs have developed a nasty PF hoodoo that lingers to this day, St Kilda's GF appearances in this time have resulted in letting a winnable game against Geelong slip in the final term, and thrashings from Adelaide and Collingwood.
This would be the Cinderella story. Regardless of who won, football would be the winner. Although the loser would have a bitter pill to swallow.

Oh, and its been too long since we had a Hawthorn vs Geelong grand final. :D

Richmond beating Essendon in 2015. Two big VIC teams, 2 teams given no chance of winning next year, Richmond not winning a premiership during my lifetime would make this massive.

GWS v Sydney or Gold Coast v Brisbane would please the AFL but not sure how much interest an interstate GF would hold for Melbourne as a city.

Richmond beating Essendon in 2015. Two big VIC teams, 2 teams given no chance of winning next year, Richmond not winning a premiership during my lifetime would make this massive.

GWS v Sydney or Gold Coast v Brisbane would please the AFL but not sure how much interest an interstate GF would hold for Melbourne as a city.

Richmond would be the overwhelming sentimental favourite

I would much prefer a Collingwood v Richmond final, a real throw back to the 1927-1939 period

Personally, I've always desired an Adelaide-Collingwood GF. Big clubs, fairly consistent, similar mascots, and already a number of finals encounters.

West Coast-Carlton also haven't met at the prelim level yet, I think that there is an undercurrent there that could be tapped into.

The squealing about having to play in Melbourne would almost be worth it.
Actually as a Crows fan I'd be more than happy to play the GF against Port at the G. Makes it even more of a big event, rather than AO where we play them twice a year.

Of course the squealing from all of SA when all the plane tickets are suddenly jacked up to $5,000 a piece will be more likely!

Long suffering supporter base up against the most despised, controversial team in the league. It would certainly be an interesting build up. There would be a lot of tip toeing around certain issues from the media.

Back in 2006 we nearly had a Derby Grand Final with the Dockers losing out in the Prelim to the Swans. The Derbies at that time were extremely volatile and there would have certainly been a number of all in brawls. Neutrals would have loved the biff and the teams matched-up well so it more than likely would have been a nail biter. Having said that the Swans-Eagles GF was certainly a good one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long suffering supporter base up against the most despised, controversial team in the league. It would certainly be an interesting build up. There would be a lot of tip toeing around certain issues from the media.
The media will be licking Essendons balls.

My dream grand finals are as follows:

Adelaide
Brisbane
Collingwood
Gold Coast
GWS
Port Adelaide
Richmond

These are the teams we have yet to defeat in the big dance. I aim to have ticked all of them off within my lifetime.
Second last seems likely next year

This would be the Cinderella story. Regardless of who won, football would be the winner. Although the loser would have a bitter pill to swallow.

Oh, and its been too long since we had a Hawthorn vs Geelong grand final. :D
We'll have another hawk cat gf but probably after all of our current teams have retired, however unlike us your team should be able to make another one some time in the next 2 years most likely next year.

my personal dream grand finals (Plus my dream results)... In order

1- Port Adelaide vs Adelaide (port by 1pt)
2- Fremantle vs West Coast (Fremantle by 25pt)
3- Geelong vs Gold Coast (Gold coast by 5... Ablett to kick the winner)
4- Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn (port by 10pt)
5- St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs (Saints by 7pt)

And you wouldn't get to watch it Baz. :( Tough luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Promoter's Dream Grand Finals That Haven't Happened Yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back